Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

Is he to lieght weight to be a fullback ?

I think so but he should start Left midfield for me, his last two subs appearances deserve a start.

If we are sticking with 4-4-2 then he should start yes, LB or LW but its just as important to have Santon at RB too.

Anita at LB if Fergie on the LW would be a good idea

Guest bimpy474

I think so but he should start Left midfield for me, his last two subs appearances deserve a start.

If we are sticking with 4-4-2 then he should start yes, LB or LW but its just as important to have Santon at RB too.

Anita at LB if Fergie on the LW would be a good idea

Yep, any of the ways you describe. I would have him at LW if it was me, i kinda like a full back who can cut in (Santon) if you have a proper LW, opens up space for the LW to get 1 on 1.

I know I am in the minority with not being convinced by Santon but I just do not see what he offers really from LB. I would deffinietly like to see him have a go a RB.

And Anita has looked better at fullback than in CM so then surely he is a better option at LB as he is meant to be more adept in that role. As much as I love Jonas and his work ethic I feel he denies the fullback a lot of space and it costs us at times.

Santon---Taylor---Colo---Anita

Benny---Cabaye--Tiote---Fergie

Surely that is our best option at creating chances in a 4-4-2

IMO, Fergie can certainly fill in at left back if need be but it's becoming apparent that he's more of a left winger and I guess that's where his long term future lies.

Can we stop with the Anita at left back formations please?  :lol:

Why.. he can play there and is probably the best option we have there.. I know his lack of hieght is a worry but Santon is no giant

Santon is 6 ft2, Anita 5 ft 6. Bit of a difference.  :lol:

Why.. he can play there and is probably the best option we have there.. I know his lack of hieght is a worry but Santon is no giant

You don't know that Anita is our best option at left back, the probability is that Santon is our best bet.

Anita can defend is the biggest difference

Anita can defend is the biggest difference

What? Santon is a far better defender than Anita. Also Anita is right footed too so you're still going to have the issue of no width.

Still don't understand tbh, Santon looks comfortable and been one of our best players and even when he has played RB on the odd ocassions in his career he looks worse if anything.

I agree Fergie should play but it should be in midfield and i really can't see Jonas being dropped.

I want him on the wing over fullback. He has the pace and crossing ability that is best utilised on the wing. Like a lot on here, he needs to start and we should be looking to get him in our best 11 because his crossing is better than anything we've had in years

I would still prefer to see Santon at RB, I said I was in the minority but am just not convinced by him. Give the lad the best chance to have an impac and play with at RB.

I'd agree. He's improved steadily in his time here, but he's very right footed and in many situations that ends up looking awkward.

One of my favourite things about Pardew is that last year he was picking players on merit because they had earned there shot in the side.

Two assists in two cameo's for Ferguson, in a side lacking pace and goal threat, play him.