Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

He looks good attacking from full-back, overlapping and running onto the ball from deeper positions. When I saw him for NI the other week he didn't look as good attacking the full-back from static positions. Be interesting to see where he ends up settling at.

He looks good attacking from full-back, overlapping and running onto the ball from deeper positions. When I saw him for NI the other week he didn't look as good attacking the full-back from static positions. Be interesting to see where he ends up settling at.

Totally agree with you there Sewelly.

If Pardew wants to play the 4-4-2 we need natural width coming from somewhere, having somebody like him at left-back will certainly help with that.

Totally agree with you there Sewelly.

If Pardew wants to play the 4-4-2 we need natural width coming from somewhere, having somebody like him at left-back will certainly help with that.

Nice to see Tavs staking claim for a fullback spot too.

Fergie and Santon left and right is worth trying. Anita looks decent at fullback though if we need.

Another bright performance from the lad. Really want to see more of him in the first team but I guess the question is where would he fit in? LB is already taken by Santon (who I do want to see there in the long term if I'm being honest) so I guess left wing is the place up for grabs. Jonas was brilliant on the wing in the past but nowadays, he's simply not effective there so a toss up between Marveaux and Fergie is on the cards then...

When has his this lad ever disappointed? He's rapid, can deliver a ball, likes to attack and is way better at putting a foot in and standing strong than you'd ever imagine. Personally, I think Sammy is miles ahead of the rest of our youth in terms of potential all-round game. Ferguson right now is far more consistent though and  does exactly what we need him to do as a winger. I love this lad

There's always that little younger lad when you are playing 5 a side, the one that skips past you and scores loads of goals but says nowt the whole game but looks experianced beyond his years. That's what Ferguson reminds me of.

There was a moment after that goal where I think Welbeck was trying to close him down but didn't know what to do with him.

Ferguson has goals and assists in his game, an end product, golddust amongst young players IMO.

Dangerous crosses :smitten:

Was great to see!

Such a rarity under Pardew it has to be said.

Fist thing I said to me dad when that went in was 'we won't score another goal like that this season'. It's one of my major gripes with Pardew.

Weird, given at West Ham their game was always about getting Etherington and Newton (i think it was) down the wings whipping balls in. Game has changed a bit since then though but with two capable and strong strikers we don't get do it near often enough.

Was great to see!

Fist thing I said to me dad when that went in was 'we won't score another goal like that this season'. It's one of my major gripes with Pardew.

Weird, given at West Ham their game was always about getting Etherington and Newton (i think it was) down the wings whipping balls in. Game has changed a bit since then though but with two capable and strong strikers we don't get do it near often enough.

Aye that's what I can't understand. If he wants to play 4-4-2 (which he clearly does) he needs to sort out the service to both Ba and Cisse. Shearer and Ferdinand weren't a great partnership, but they were both great goalscorers that thrived on excellent service. Give the same to Ba and Cisse and we'd see a similar outcome IMO.

Was great to see!

Aye that's what I can't understand. If he wants to play 4-4-2 (which he clearly does) he needs to sort out the service to both Ba and Cisse. Shearer and Ferdinand weren't a great partnership, but they were both great goalscorers that thrived on excellent service. Give the same to Ba and Cisse and we'd see a similar outcome IMO.

Indeed