Newcastle United 1 - 2 Stoke City - 26/09/10 - post match reaction from page 31

Dave

Tiote off to accomodate Nolan dropping back,

HBA out wide to accomodate Nolan pushed up,

Jonas benched to accomodate the above, WTF is going on!

Played with 10 men again and fucked up the front and midfield formations just to make sure there was no cohesion, well done NUFC.

Tiote was not a 9, man. The praise is too much. He did his job relatively well, but he looked uncomfortable with the ball at his feet in Stoke's half, lost the ball twice in dangerous areas, and generally dwelt a bit too much. He's a good player for the long run, though.

I genuinely think he had an excellent first half plus a bit.  He just seemed so composed with the ball and there was a couple of occasions where he emerged with the ball when I have no idea how he got it.  He was one of the few bright sparks in a desperately disappointing performance.

fookin disgrace that was.

hughton got the tictacs completely wrong.

He should have stuck arfa up front in nolans position, pulled that useless fat Sam style player off the pitch and stuck Jonas on the left.

Pull Carrol of and stick either ameobi or lovenkrands on instead.

crap game, poor result and stoke are a horrible mud guppy team with horrib tactics. fekkin long throwing mackem rejects

Tiote was not a 9, man. The praise is too much. He did his job relatively well, but he looked uncomfortable with the ball at his feet in Stoke's half, lost the ball twice in dangerous areas, and generally dwelt a bit too much. He's a good player for the long run, though.

Truth. 9 is crazy.

Thought Jonas was lively when he came on. Was seemingly the only Newcastle player at the end of the match.

Guest neesy111

Amazing how I was shot down for saying barton was very poor in the match, but many people after the match saying the same as me.  I guess people like not agreeing with me then :lol:

Pissed off with the players and management for the 2nd half farce.  Hughton's subs are useless IMO, but players need to take blame for the way in which they fell apart in that 15 min period 2nd half, where was Nolan in trying to bash heads around in that period, missing like he was 2nd half.

I really can't stand watching Stoke play. I'd rather have my eyeballs injected with molten lead than watch that dross week in, week out. That Delap throw in is one of the most horrible things in football.

They also seem to have some sort of hex on us whereby they fuck us up in the very last minute.

However, having said that, if Tony Pulis's job is looked at in terms of keeping Stoke in the top flight and establishing them, he's doing a fucking excellent job. Despite looking like a very minor member of the Soprano crew with that tracksuit / baseball cap look. You really can't knock the job he's doing.

Amazing how I was shot down for saying barton was very poor in the match, but many people after the match saying the same as me.  I guess people like not agreeing with me then :lol:

Pissed off with the players and management for the 2nd half farce.  Hughton's subs are useless IMO, but players need to take blame for the way in which they fell apart in that 15 min period 2nd half, where was Nolan in trying to bash heads around in that period, missing like he was 2nd half.

Barton had a good first half but was so poor in the second it was ridiculous. Every time he got the ball he either lost it or misplaced the pass. As a consequnce of that and the subing of Tiote we lost the midfield battle.

Guest neesy111

Barton had a good first half but was so poor in the second it was ridiculous. Every time he got the ball he either lost it or misplaced the pass. As a consequnce of that and the subing of Tiote we lost the midfield battle.

I was more pissed off by his set pieces which were dreadful all game.  Set pieces are an important part of the game, and are an easy way of putting teams under pressure at least.

Disappointed in Hughton today, not bringing Nolan off when he was contributing nothing and bringing the new two lads off when Tiote looked more likely to create something than anyone else. Ben Arfa a bit poor but should never have been brought off. It's so frustrating. We've seen that sort of thing happen so many times, go one nil up and just completely bottle it.

Stoke probably worth a draw but I think they were lucky to win.

That stoke muppet will now seem vindicated but once again Stoke rape a team in the last few minutes. I don't care about seeming high and mighty or patronizing, they play a horrible fucking style of football.

Mighty pissed off at Perch too, he's looking like creating one disaster a game.

On the plus side, you're not bottom.

We should be second. I know matches aren't played on paper but it's true - we've fucked up in two of the easiest home games all season which is infuriating.

Points are points but given the choice part of me would have preferred us to beat Blackpool and Stoke rather than Villa and Everton.

We were gutless again, Stoke came to bully us around and they achieved it very easily. Hughton also needs to take the blame for his substitutions fucking woeful!. We should of attacked them the whole game even in the first half when we kept possession but did fuck all with it. This hoofing it up to Carroll in the second half was never going to work. 

The movement off the ball was shite today. Ben Arfa, Barton, Routledge and Barton all carried the ball too long without any proper option around them. It's football ABC tbf, when a teammate is in possession, you move into empty space to make yourself available.