Newcastle United 1 - 2 Stoke City - 26/09/10 - post match reaction from page 31

Dave

Playing a lone striker at home is just wrong imo, especially against a shit side like stoke.

I thought we should've taken nolan off at about 60-70 mins and stuck loven on. I think chris can take a bit of blame for this one, as we should've won 3- or 4 nowt. Very disappointed.

plus points: tiote was great, jonas surging forward, colo and williamson work so well together. perch wasn't even that bad, felt sorry for him on the own goal, but if I'm honest, he's definitely backup and not 1st team material really. raylor should play ahead of him.

WTF!!!!....Why Hughton had to sub Tiote? Easily our best player! What is Nolan doing to get full 90mins every single time? Carroll doing his best trying to win headers but where is Nolan when he's supposed to be going for the flick ons? No fucking where...What's the point playing long balls to Andy(whos's constantly winning them...but no player is able to run for them)

Both Stoke goals were Perch's fault IMO! Didn't follow his man(Huth...probably had no idea where Huth was in the first place) at first one and completed his nightmare with an excellent header no keeper in the world would have saved!

Solid 6's for everyone(Tiote maybe with a 7) except 3 for Perch and 4 for Nolan.

Although we lost today I don't think I could be arsed watching stoke every week.  They have no tactics, other than launching it into the box - fair enough they won, but....

they do have another tactic, launch it down the tramlines when not near enough to launch it into the Box.

Krul, 7- He didn't have that much to do and I thought that he came out quite a bit in the first half to gather crosses.

Perch, 5.5 - I've stuck up for him so far but I could see him going to s*** before they scored as his kicking was diabolical and he should have been our first player to come off if only to protect him as the fans were really getting at him in the second half.  The Milburn (not level 7) are s*** for getting at our own players and have been for years.

Williamson, 6 - He was like a headless chicken with the ball at his feet and was very shaky and too often gave possession straight to one of the Stoke players.

Coloccini, 8 - He had a brilliant first half and looked class with the ball at his feet.  He was the only player at the back who communicated with his fellow defenders and was let down by others around him.  I remember a touch of class from him when the ball came to him and he flicked it forward over the attackers head.

Enrique, 8 - The bloke is class and I don't think he could have done anything to change the result.

Routledge, 6.5 - He's quickly becoming the new jigsaw, he beats his man then goes to pieces

Tiote, 8 - Probably our stupidest substitution for a long time as he was running our midfield and he was playing box to box and from left to right.

Barton, 6.5 - He was picking the ball up off our defenders and doing everything right until he passed the ball and was one of many who struggled to find a team mate.

Ben Arfa, 7 - He didn't do much flash but I can only remember one stray pass which went to the opposition.  Most of the time he played a simple ball and gave away very little.  He put a couple of brilliant balls into the box but it was like looking for a needle in a haystack as Carroll was the only player in the box.  If we are going to get the best out of him then he has to play in the middle.  He shouldn't have been the first of our players to leave the field.

Nolan, 5 - I can't see what anybody sees in him, at one stage he moved no more than two yards during a period of play which saw the ball pass within a couple of feet of him.  Somebody played a brilliant ball to him and he just stood waiting for it and might as well of sat down as the ball was cut out by a Stoke player who had to make up miles of ground on him.  I don't know what incriminating photographs he's got of Hughton but I'd love to see them.

Carroll, 6 - He played up front on his own and had none of his own team mates around him.

Jonas, 6 - He gave everything he had when he came on, he should have been on for Nolan with Ben Arfa moving inside.

Shola, 5 - He's currently playing in the wrong division and has proven that for the last 10 years, he did all he could when he came on.

Hughton, 5- Baffling substitutions but thanks for turning up.  People can defend him all they want but the facts are that we were winning before he changed anything and we were no better for the substitutions.

Hughton, 5- Baffling substitutions but thanks for turning up.  People can defend him all they want but the facts are that we were winning before he changed anything and we were no better for the substitutions.

Considerably worse if you ask me.

Missed the game, bad result. We'll recover though, its a long season. Other things have gone my way today so I'm not as displeased as I should be.

You'll forgive us for stating that the things going well for you is fuck all compensation to everyone else for a rotten performance.

Missed the game, bad result. We'll recover though, its a long season. Other things have gone my way today so I'm not as displeased as I should be.

You'll forgive us for stating that the things going well for you is f*** all compensation to everyone else for a rotten performance.

I will sir. Believe me if it wasn't for one other result going my way today I'd be very pissed.

Krul, 7- Seemed ok - didn't see him make a save

Perch, 2 - I'm sorry, but he is not good enough to play in this league.  To run the ball out with no one in 10 yards is schoolboy stuff.  I think Ryan Taylor deserves a chance next game

Williamson, 6 - Not one of his best games.  Looked shaky.

Coloccini, 8 - Superb game.  He is coolness personified now, his little backheel in the first half and pull back in the second were brilliant/

Enrique, 7 - Usual steady performance

Routledge, 7 - I thought he did ok today, had plenty of the ball but final distribution lacking

Tiote, 9 Although he was subbed, man of the match for me.  He reminds me of Viera in the way he breaks up opposition attacks and starts an attack of our own.  Him staying fit is vital for our seasonm.

Barton, 5 - Poor game, far too many wasted passes.

Ben Arfa, 7 - Quiet game, but a few nice runs.  Against a team other than Stoke I think he will shine

Nolan, 2 - our weakest link with Perch.  Honestly, what does he do to justify his place?  He's slow and ponderous and expecting him to get on the end of of a Carroll knockdown is frankly laughable.

Carroll, 6 - He played up front on his own and had none of his own team mates around him.

Jonas, 6 - Not much to say really - he tried, but nothing went for him.

Shola, 5 - He's currently playing in the wrong division and has proven that for the last 10 years, he did all he could when he came on.

Hughton, 5-Bad changes, we lost our shape after HBA and Tiote went off.  He seems to be fine when the team is doing well. but incapable of making the right choices if we are not.