Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

On talksport Matterface thought de jong should hav seen red and stan didn't think it was a penalty

collymores i find is actually a good pundit when he isn't pimping some daft idea (like the no relegation idea)

Aye that Matterface was gannin mental about the tackle tbf both have given a fair judgment of the game and not trotted out the usual pundit bollox

Pissing me off that they're giving me hope that we might get something. f***ing NUFC.

I'm getting my hopes up after that first half display.  Making me feel a draw is good chance and a sneaky win is an outside chance.  Just waiting for hopes to be dashed by a Tevez brace.

Likewise!

Was playing fifa and listening to it on radio, couldn't bring myself to do it anymore so at my cousins now watching it(who gets espn for free btw but that's another story!)

Just seen the first half highlights, fook off with this good hard tackle crap, he brought the trailing leg round to hurt him.

I was preparing myself for just a hard tackle with an unfortunate injury but if you are going for the ball there is no need to bring that trailing leg round like that, total scum and if barton had of done it on silva we all know what the outcome would have been!

never a pen and grear goal from jonas, got a feeling the good will out here and AC9 will come on and score the winner! HTL!

Tbh i was a bit relieved it was a broken leg as at first i thought it looked a bit like Owens injury at the WC.

Just hope its not both the tib and fib broken and just a partial fracture to the fibula, which would be best case scenario.

Guest andrew

i hope the HBA injury turns out to not be so bad after all-

tiote's been good, bar a few heavy touches. we look good when we are attacking but shaky defending. Drop the high line!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For it to break like that either his studs had to be rooted or De Jong tackled him incredibly fast.

Bit of both.

Guest andrew

What happened with Coloccini?

Groin injury, but he walked off, not stretchered. I imagine he will be back for wigan

de jongs tackle should have seen red, not sure williamson got the ball so may have been a pen, even on the replays he may have got the sole of tevez's foot instead.

De jong is dirty.

Its not that though, the tackle came outside the area.

Never a penalty, maybe a FK and redcard. But never a penalty.

De Jong didn't just slide in he did a scissor kick, there was no need for him to do that. If Barton had done that on Silva he would of been sent off and it would be all over the papers tomorrow.