Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

Why is Shola still upfront on his own. We're just surrendering possession now.

Zonal Marking told Hughton that 4-4-2 was dead, and that all the cool teams played with one person up front. Sadly, I think he's taken it to the extreme and believes we can only have one person up front at anyone time.

We're away from home against a team supposed to be better than us; 4-5-1 seems sensible (as opposed to at home against weak opposition)..

I know, but now we're away from home and unable to keep posession - which means we'll lose. It's worked up to this point, Shola needs some help up there now.

Why is Shola still upfront on his own. We're just surrendering possession now.

Zonal Marking told Hughton that 4-4-2 was dead, and that all the cool teams played with one person up front. Sadly, I think he's taken it to the extreme and believes we can only have one person up front at anyone time.

We're away from home against a team supposed to be better than us; 4-5-1 seems sensible (as opposed to at home against weak opposition)..

I know, but now we're away from home and unable to keep posession - which means we'll lose. It's worked up to this point, Shola needs some help up there now.

Or he needs to be replaced by Carroll who is much better at holding the ball up...

I'd probably replace Shola with Carroll just from a freshness perspective. Shola has been thanklessly trying the target man thing but he is definitely becoming less effective as the game goes on. Def would not go 442.

Bring on Carroll to hold the ball up, instead of having shola the human pinball bumper up there.

Keep Shola, he is making Man City defenders work which is stopping them playing it out of defence easily. Carroll does need to come on though.

Can't believe Milner's joined City without assurances of playing in the centre. He's back out wide and he really stinks at it. Just look at what he ended up doing just then from the position he was in. Comical.