Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

That wasn't poor refereeing- it was corrupt- he clearly had an agenda to favour City. didnt hesitate to give them an undeserved pen- Ignored a blatant one for us- that dosnt happen by accident.

Howay then Hughton, stand up for the lads.

Btw for a Mackem, Adam Johnson didn't hardly celebrate his goal and compare that to his celebration against the mackems last season. Newcastle fan IYAM.

Sherlock me like.

He said he supported Newcastle during the 2 years he was with us. His fav player was David Ginola. This info was in the Chron.

WTF?

From the age of 10 till 12. Then the NE best youth scout Peter Kirkley (Wallsend Boys Club President) took him to Boro.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/tm_headline=adam-johnson-&method=full&objectid=17787545&siteid=109975-name_page.html

FFS! Didn't know that like. Another youngster to add to the list of youngsters from the NE we've let slip.

Aye, but don't hold it against Johnson made the right move to develop his career.

Nah fuck him.

Hughton on ESPN:

'Upset' with the challenge and 'incredible' decisions against us.

So much for unloading with a Wenger-esque rage.

Nice guy.

Hughton's never gonna go skitty on national TV. There'd be nowt to gain from it anyway, i'd rather he maintained his dignity - every man and his dog knows the decisions were absolutely ridiculous, he needn't inform anyone. The only thing to gain from coming out and lambasting a referee is a hefty fine. Brings the game into disripute doesn't it liiiiike. :rolleyes:

Barton 4, and Routledge 5? :nope:

:sadnod:

Routledge was ineffective.

Barton was a bit of a liability today

Out wide when you're taking on players and trying to create something you will sometimes lose the ball. However, when you're playing central you need to retain posession. Barton failed miserably at that today. Don't even get me started on his crossing/corners/freekicks. Just awful.

very good performance today, krul was rarely threatened and tiote and barton dominated midfield. But for some shocking decisions, we would have been well worth all 3 points. Huge pity for HBA, jonas and him looked great on opposing wings. Hope we sign him btw, regardless of whether he plays again this season.

Barton 4, and Routledge 5? :nope:

:sadnod:

Routledge was ineffective.

Barton was a bit of a liability today

Out wide when you're taking on players and trying to create something you will sometimes lose the ball. However, when you're playing central you need to retain posession. Barton failed miserably at that today. Don't even get me started on his crossing/corners/freekicks. Just awful.

Agreed, both of them were shite today. Our two worst players.

I thought Perch's performance today was massively improved, even if it was just when going forwards.  Ameobi did little wrong.  Overall a good performance from all, except the ref.  I hate blaming refs, but there isn't anyone else that can really be blamed for us not getting a point.

I'd still have Raylor ahead of him, just offers you that free kick and long range efforts.

At the back they offer about the same however but i'd still prefer the goal threat of Raylor.

very good performance today, krul was rarely threatened and tiote and barton dominated midfield. But for some shocking decisions, we would have been well worth all 3 points. Huge pity for HBA, jonas and him looked great on opposing wings. Hope we sign him btw, regardless of whether he plays again this season.

Definitely. He's shown what he's capable of and we'd be silly to just let him go without following anything up.

Hughton on ESPN:

Nice guy.

Hughton's never gonna go skitty on national TV. There'd be nowt to gain from it anyway, i'd rather he maintained his dignity - every man and his dog knows the decisions were absolutely ridiculous, he needn't inform anyone. The only thing to gain from coming out and lambasting a referee is a hefty fine. Brings the game into disripute doesn't it liiiiike. :rolleyes:

Nah, disagree with that.

Like it or not, we're in a league where if you scream the loudest, you are heard. Look at Wenger and Fergie and how they moan and whinge when things don't go their way, then in the next match the ref has that in the back of his mind when a 50/50 challenge happens. Hughton should have gone ape shit at the corrupt ref today, maybe he could have accused City of paying the ref off, which would have made sure everyone saw a replay of the shite decisions today and i bet you we wouldn't get that treatment from referees any more.

We were keeping the ball brilliantly by playing football high up in the first half. Came out in the second to sit deep and launch the ball. 

They were getting in behind time after time until we changed it.

Hughton on ESPN:

Nice guy.

Nah, disagree with that.

Like it or not, we're in a league where if you scream the loudest, you are heard. Look at Wenger and Fergie and how they moan and whinge when things don't go their way, then in the next match the ref has that in the back of his mind when a 50/50 challenge happens. Hughton should have gone ape shit at the corrupt ref today, maybe he could have accused City of paying the ref off, which would have made sure everyone saw a replay of the shite decisions today and i bet you we wouldn't get that treatment from referees any more.

He is neither so it'd be pointless.

Guest andrew

krul- 6-

perch- 6- did okay in all I thought, still a few dodgy moments

Colo- 7- Was good while he was on

Will- 6- Never a pen and was fine apart from that

Enrique- 6- didn't do that much

ben- :(

barton- 5- poor set pieces but was okay in midfield

tiote- 8- great lad

guti- 8- good performance.

nolan- 6- I thought he tracked back well actually, worked hard