James Perch

James

I'll predict that in the PL we'll lose every game that Perch plays centre back. We can just about carry him at full back but in the middle his piss weak style will be an accident waiting to happen.

I still don't think he's as bad as people think here. He had a couple of bad games, but he's quick and can tackle. Not sure he's strong enough to play at centre back though.

Bollocks can he tackle. He can barely get 20 minutes into a game without picking up a booking.

• 7 years later...
  • 5 years later...
27 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

To close, Perch outlines his overriding memory of his time at United.

"Newcastle fans don't forget, do they? I can walk around in Nottingham without being recognised even though I played for Forest for a lot longer than I played for Newcastle. More people in Newcastle would come up to me rather than Forest fans."

Moments after Perch steps back out onto the pavements of Nottingham, a Geordie accent calls out: 'It's James, isn't it? Can I have a picture?'"

:love:

Could just be the perspective of the player, but this is interesting:

"Looking back, I probably should have stayed and fought for my place, but I just knew that Mike (Ashley) didn't want me there. Pardew wasn't big enough to stand up to him and say, 'I want to play Perchy.' So, I just thought I'll leave.

Was Ashley a lot more involved in player decisions than we thought?

You can just imagine how Pardew would have been if Perch had answered -

“Perchy, it’s the King here.K-I-N-G, yeah. Methinks the King may have come up with a plan to get you back on your own two feet. Is there life in the old dog yet? No I’m not talking about me, I’m talking about you Perchy. Let me put it this way, you do not want to put the phone down until you’ve heard what I’ve got to say. Have you heard of a little club called West Bromwich Albion? Ok and have you heard of a little old league called the premier league? Yeah yeah, you see where this is going. What is it that makes someone a winner Perchy, is it the trophies, is it the adulation, is it the… Perchy? Perchy? Per, he’s fackin’ hung up”

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Could just be the perspective of the player, but this is interesting:

"Looking back, I probably should have stayed and fought for my place, but I just knew that Mike (Ashley) didn't want me there. Pardew wasn't big enough to stand up to him and say, 'I want to play Perchy.' So, I just thought I'll leave.

Was Ashley a lot more involved in player decisions than we thought?

Find it hard to believe but who knows. Perch has hit all the right notes:

Ben Arfa legend

Pardew snake

Ashley cunt

Fans amazing 

Might just want to sell the idea to himself or the fans about Ashley as it’s an easy win