James Perch

James

Mind, Huntington wrongly took the fall for the defeat at Alkmaar. It was Carr's decision to just duck out at the 11th hour that saw him hoyed in at the deep end. The Chronicle were a fucking disgrace, marking him at 2/10 or whatever the day after.

Huntington was rubbish but i felt for him after Alkmaar. Not only was he out of position, out of his depth, thrown in at the deep end and a young lad... but Roeder's tactics that night were to let the most potent strikeforce in Europe* come at us for ninety minutes. Still winds me up now, does that night.

*which, statistically, they were at the time.

Huntington should never have been near the side, especially out of position. 4 years later he's playing the fool every week in League One.

Too busy playing with his hair.

And pulling up his shorts.

Should never have been playing FB like. Shocking.

Huntington was rubbish but i felt for him after Alkmaar. Not only was he out of position, out of his depth, thrown in at the deep end and a young lad... but Roeder's tactics that night were to let the most potent strikeforce in Europe* come at us for ninety minutes. Still winds me up now, does that night.

*which, statistically, they were at the time.

Horrible horribe night, was so full of hope going into it. Although shouldn't we have had something near the end which we didn't get? Either a pen or we had a goal ruled out. Made the whole thing much more infuriating.

I know it's irrational, kneejerk but I just hate knowing he's even in the side, scapegoat doesn't begin to explain.

I concur. Haven't had this much disrespect and general dislike for a current Newcastle player since Owen.

I know it's irrational, kneejerk but I just hate knowing he's even in the side, scapegoat doesn't begin to explain.

I concur. Haven't had this much disrespect and general dislike for a current Newcastle player since Owen.

That's ridiculous and rather embarrassing to tell the truth.

Agree with Dave and Tooj. As has been stated already, he's a marginally better right-back than Ryan Taylor, and he also had a half decent game tonight in the middle. Not sure why people are criticising him after it.