Colin Calderwood

Dave

I'd be very happy with Clarke. I am sure he learned something under Mourinho. He was the only backroom personality I liked under Gullit. Certainly replacing him with Wadsworth was a massive step backwards for us.

We've already had him once plus he hardly set West Ham on fire did he?

It has to be a doddle coaching at Chelski surely?

Ridiculous amount of (good) experience at Chelsea, we certainly could do with some of that. WHU played some excellent football until Zola fell out with the new owners. WHU aren't setting the league on fire without him either.

As No2s go, I doubt there is any one better for the job out there right now, only problem for me would be if Hughton would see him as a threat for his job.

Is Clarke actually any good?

:dontknow: :lol:

Guess it's reasonable to infer that he is from his employment history... also it's a like for like with Calderwood - stern Scottish ex-defender so it'll be like nothing changed... But yeah, it's funny how sometimes people sound like they have really firm opinions on who should be brought in.

Steve Clarke used to love getting out & about on the lash with John Carver when he was last here as I used to see him most Sundays.

The normally serious Hughton even cracked a joke when told that Joe Kinnear had been mentioned as a possible replacement.

“I might get him in to do the Press!” he quipped

Clarke was good enough for Robson and Mourinho. He's certainly got the experience of working with top players and managers and will surely be an improvement on CC.