Manchester City

OzzieMandias

Funny how NUFC fill their stadium out...tougher times up here.

We didn't fill our stadium for 1/2 of the champion league games in 02/03 tbf.  Stupid pricing.

Yeah fair play...

Guest firetotheworks

They're talking about multi-millionaires having a go at them for not filling their stadium. They'd maybe have a point if it was a nationwide thing and not just them - a team at the top of the league and in the champions league. It's a load of crap, there's no way to look at it being unfair criticism unless it was a nationwide thing.

I have to say I always found it strange that our CL games back in the Robson era a) weren't complete sell outs and b) didn't have the greatest of atmospheres.

Did you not have to buy the tickets in a package or something daft?

I have to say I always found it strange that our CL games back in the Robson era a) weren't complete sell outs and b) didn't have the greatest of atmospheres.

Did you not have to buy the tickets in a package or something daft?

Yep... You had to purchase all the group games in one go...

Guest thenorthumbrian

Idk,  regardless of filling stadiums, people are skint and Rio is a f***ing multi millionaire, should keep his gob shut imo

"Super rich footballer divorced from reality" shock.

So Scholes and Ferdinand can't comment on the subject because they are millionaires? Absolute bullshit.

If City's fans are so skint why the fuck are they expanding the stadium to 62k?

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think it matters. If it was a widespread thing it would be ridiculous for millionaires to talk about it, but they're talking specifically about Man City, a team at the top of the league and in the champions league.

Don’t see anything wrong with them fuckng about with City fans to be fair, they played for Manoo for years and were clearly just trying to wind them up. Its just a bit of 'bantz'

Seems to have been blown out of proportion.

Guest thenorthumbrian

The atmosphere at the English grounds is pretty poor compared to most foreign stadiums, this is really shown up on European nights.

Guest firetotheworks

Saying that though, it's home fans that have travelled a few miles and are probably with their kids vs fans that have travelled across Europe to watch their team play. The point still stands and is correct imo, but those nights are bit of an extremity.

Trouble in paradise? Would this forum be full of threads like the ones below, had the Sheiks bought us instead of them?

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306272

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306251

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297762

Seems like we have more in common with City than we think....two clubs that have lost their soul. Except they win trophies.

Something that I have definitely noticed about them when watching their games though is the lack of passion and atmosphere at their games. Even goals are cheered only half heartedly. Can they really be bored of success already? Maybe their natural mental inclination is to be the underdogs?.....which is something I have often wondered about ourselves too, actually.

I've always remembered Manchester City being a useless nothing team for my entire life until 2008. It is probably just because of when I was born, but Chelsea becoming one of the most successful teams in England made sense because they had always been a decent, competitive side that seemed to have potential for growth. Manchester City were mostly a joke and a lowly regarded club. NUFC would be more befitting of that status, imo. It is a bigger club, with international recognition that dominates a region of country. If City had been relegated under the Thai in 2007, no one would care.

I'm sure a lot of the true fans have been priced out and replaced by glory-hunting drones. Success breeds so many idiots. It was almost more fun following my local teams when they were shit. There's so many embarrassing individuals clinging on now and ruining it for everyone.

On another note, when's the last time an academy player from City played a game? Even Chelsea has some coming through..If these clubs could mix all the rich signings with some developed talent it would make them a bit more likable.

Compare Man City's 10k+ empty seats and complete silence when they couldn't be arsed to show up against one of the top European teams in Roma, compared to Liverpool playing some pub team no one's heard of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObpSvrmioLQ

I know you get the "Famous european nights at Anfield jibes" but in honesty, they're the only club that give the Premier League any sort of credibility when it comes to atmosphere when they're in the CL, which is embarrassing.