Newcastle United 1 - 2 Blackburn - 10/11/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

So was the 100% 5 yellows for Tiote, had radio Newcastle on during the match and they said it had been confirmed that it was his 4th yellow.

As for those dirty non footballing fkers, their tactic of we don't have the ball so I am just going to run into you fall over get a freekick so we can have the ball... well that just boiled my piss.

Never seen a team time waste so early in a match or try to kill a game as much, as for football actual football time played would be lucky if it was 70 mins worth.

So I saw MOTD and that was only brief highlights but as people have said the timing of the first goal and the way it was conceded killed us. You can't hand a goal like that to a team who basically come and park every bus in front of the goal at such an early point in the match.

Whats really disappointing was the way the second goal was conceded though, I mean that game had draw written all over but we handed them the 3 points. The financial importance of staying in the premier league means that you're going to get the anti-football sides like this unfortunately.

Just be thankful that "Big Sam" is no longer our manager...........I remember Reading away a few years ago when I went with my brother to the "Mad Stad" and it was one of the most tedious, negative, defensively set up displays I'd ever seen. You knew right there and then that it was never going to work for Big Sham.

Water under the bridge, lets move on and focus on Fulham as that'll be a really tough match. I think they're playing really well.

Barton's shove was hardly that bad. It was open handed, it wasn't even a punch. Pedersen has made a meal of it though.

Overall, what a tired performance from our boys today. So many little mistakes all over the pitch which I'll chalk down to just being mentally tired. We needed to freshen the team up for this match and it has cost us. Really just poor performances all over the park today.

Next match.

Open handed eh........

What a fucking idiot I am...

Guest Brazilianbob

Some folks are saying they saw the ref wave a yellow card in the direction of either Barton or Pederson (or both) at the time of the punch, so if he has been booked the FA can't do anything about it.  I hope!

Stupid from Barton.

Yeah Pedersen goes down like a two-arsed poof but you can't go doing that and expect anything else in the modern game, unfortunately.

3 game ban, pretty much nailed on. Hopefully Routledge comes back into the team like he's got a point to prove and does well on the right against Fulham. We'll really miss Barton at Chelsea though.

Some folks are saying they saw the ref wave a yellow card in the direction of either Barton or Pederson (or both) at the time of the punch, so if he has been booked the FA can't do anything about it.  I hope!

No, he was booking their lad for diving.

Guest Roger Kint

So was the 100% 5 yellows for Tiote, had radio Newcastle on during the match and they said it had been confirmed that it was his 4th yellow.

4 in the league, 1 v Chelsea in cup

Got to love people saying Jonas MOTM, he would be next to useless without Jose doing two jobs down that flank.

All in all too many poor performances against a team with a gameplan of anti football, whether it was tiredness, over confidence or just a woeful day at the office(happening too many times at home) we just didnt deserve anything last night. We simply must win on Saturday as the run of games til the new year is looking tough.

It was 2 mistakes and a lack of creativity/final ball that cost us yesterday. We dominated possession and territory but only managed to score from a long free kick into the box, which really underlines the creativity/final ball problem, which is what has cost us a few points already this season.

This match reminded me what I enjoyed in the Championship, less quality but more honest endeavour which makes the game a better spectacle.

Fat Sam is known for his thorough approach to the game and he must have a couple of the best "cheating" coaches on his staff, because they were at it from start to finish. I'd far rather watch Doncaster or Scunthorpe than his anti-football team.

That said we didn't deseve anything from the game, we were clueless against their game plan and Robinson will not have many easier games.

Hughton has talked about our home problems, time to stop talking Chris and really address them.

Losing one game we are expected to win would be a blip, no win in 4 of the games we were expected to win would indicate a real problem. There was definitely an Arsenal hangover last night but we're going to have to think very carefully about our team formation and psychological approach to home games against limited opposition who crowd the midfield. It was our downfall 2 seasons ago and is proving to be so once again.

4 in the league, 1 v Chelsea in cup

Got to love people saying Jonas MOTM, he would be next to useless without Jose doing two jobs down that flank.

All in all too many poor performances against a team with a gameplan of anti football, whether it was tiredness, over confidence or just a woeful day at the office(happening too many times at home) we just didnt deserve anything last night. We simply must win on Saturday as the run of games til the new year is looking tough.

We don't have the creativity to break sides down, simple as that. The player we brought in to pick through defences is sitting on the treatment table while our top goal scorer from midfield was marked out of the game. We had no width on the right because Barton kept drifiting inside and attempting the diagonal so Jonas and Jose were left to try and pick our Carroll for the entire game because Shola/Ranger posed little to no threat. It makes us very predictable.

The most annoying thing is we've scored against both Stoke and Blackburn and let too sloppy goals in at the back. All four were basic defensive errors, not picking up men, dwelling on the ball, not dealing with a straight ball down the middle. As soon as we meet a side who rough us up at the back a bit we seem to lose our concentration.

Utter shite! Got off my sick bed to drive for 5hrs to watch that. 

Anyhow...there was no plan B whatsoever.  Do we even plan for B or C or 'what if' scenarios?  In the last two games players and management have been lauded for having a game plan and carrying it out effectively.  What happens when things go a bit tits up? 

I can't think of one area on the pitch where we won the tactical battles.  Did 11 players all have a bad day at the office all in the one game?  Unlikely! 

(Really) hate to say it but Fat Sam done a number on wor Chris.

as far as i'm concerned, 5th in the league after 12 games, better goal difference than everyone bar the top 3 is more than satisfactory. yeah, we're losing games at home, but we're performing well away and picking up points. i think home form's probably the easier of the two to turn around, not sure what i'm basing that on like but i just have a feeling.

we're doing more than ok lads, where we win or dont win has no bearing on whether we stay up or not, and thats paramount.

p.s. TWO of the joint four top scorers in the league, who'd have predicted that one?  ;D

No we're not. Ridiculous kneejerk reaction, gimp.

I wasn't being serious.  :lol:

Tbh everyone in this league is beating each other, i wasntt suprised by the result.  Give Sam Allyerdyces team a lead after 3 minutes and you'll know how they will play for the other 87 minutes.

We just have to make sure we pick up points at Ewood.

No we're not. Ridiculous kneejerk reaction, gimp.

Not sure he was entirely serious.

:lol:

You get one lot of sarcasm and miss the other

:lol: I just assumed he counterpunched his sarcasm, or at least hoped so.

Guest bondedcrown

I think other teams are going to play here defensively, it happened the season before last I agree with the idea that it's points that matter. We are in a better position than most thought we would be after ONLY 12 games!