Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I found 2010 to be significantly more enjoyable than 2006 as far as the football (or at least the knockout stages)

Qatar will be incredible. They'll spare no expense.

40+ degrees in the summer. Need to build 12 stadiums from scratch.

106 degrees is the average temp in june

You should clarify Fahrenheit. People would melt at 106. :lol:

true :D

What was so terrible about the last World Cup. My family members that stayed from the beginning until the semifinals enjoyed the hell out of themselves, and other people I know who went expressed contentment at the way in which things were run. I certainly enjoyed it from another part of the continent.

The football was shit.......and a lot of football fans from SA were priced out of the games.

It was pretty corrupt. The workers on the stadiums were the poor people they stuffed away during, they were promised tickets to matches for their work. Yet, all the tickets for the workers were instead sold by the arrangers to the highest bidders.

there were even riots by the stadium staff though this didnt get the attention it should've

This. What are you basing all the "it was the shittiest World Cup I've watched" on? It was s*** to watch on the tv? Oh I'm sure it would have been f***ing awesome if it had been in England....

There wouldn't have been f***ing vuvuzelas destroying the atmosphere in every f***ing match for a start.

Probably best that England don't ever win it then. Just in case the South Africans bring their vuvuzelas with them.

What's bad about Qatar hosting the WC besides climate?

Lack of preparation, shitty team, lego stadiums, unfamiliar for players, much like SA was, etc. On top of that, not sure where everyone's getting this Qatar have money idea. They, along with UAE just throw money they don't have at shit to make it look like they have money.

Isn't the world cup all about sharing the beautiful game? it brings a lot more money and tourism to wherever it's held. It also helps educate people such as yourself about the hosting country. Unfamiliar for players? are you mental? this means absolutely nothing. Also you say they have a shitty team? another utterly stupid point.

They have a long time to prepare and only time will tell if they back their words up. Same as any world cup host. You're just being very closed-minded and therefore having world cups in unfamiliar places is exactly what's needed.

Unfamiliar for the players does matter as we saw in SA. It took forever to world class players to adjust. And yes, it does matter how shitty a host nations team is, it's ridiculous that such an awful team could be placed in the biggest tournament in the world.

Having said that, the World Cup is all about sharing it with the world, but picking Qatar makes four developing countries in a row. The first one, SA, was not nearly as fun as past WC's. At some point fans have to be considered, and constantly going back to inexperienced countries in unfamiliar climates is not going to improve the WC as a whole.

This. What are you basing all the "it was the shittiest World Cup I've watched" on? It was s*** to watch on the tv? Oh I'm sure it would have been f***ing awesome if it had been in England....

There wouldn't have been f***ing vuvuzelas destroying the atmosphere in every f***ing match for a start.

Probably best that England don't ever win it then. Just in case the South Africans bring their vuvuzelas with them.

South Africa won't make it to WCs they're not hosting, so no.

Qatar will be incredible. They'll spare no expense.

40+ degrees in the summer. Need to build 12 stadiums from scratch.

This is the joke of it.  I almost agree that Russia deserves a crack, but Qatar? fuck off. The population of Qatar is 1.6 million.  More fans will go than the population of the fucking country.

South Africa won't make it to WCs they're not hosting, so no.

Plus the cunts wouldn't be turning up at EVERY FUCKING MATCH with them.

Multi Millionaire footballers, 67 million just to premier league agents last year,

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of us are bled dry in grass roots football

The hypocracy of our bid, talking nonsense of helping billions of youngsters through the empty rhetoric of  'Football United' whatever that means.

I could not think of anyone better to represent the paper thin facade of our game where everything is syphoned off to the top than a Royal prince, an old Etonian prime minister and the grotesqe ubercelebrity of brand Beckham.

Shed no tears for any of them, they will continue to line their pockets, that should heal their pain at least.

As pissed off as I am I can seen the reasoning behind the Qatar decision.

www.qatar2022bid.com/stadiums

Some impressive stadiums they have planned and I guess it's fifa's duty to "spread football". However i'm still disappointed. Russia 2018 for me, it's somewhere that i've always fancied going to anywhere (whether being with thousands upon thousands of others will destroy that trip is another thing)

Just realised this means Qatar will be playing in the world cup  . Wonder how many Non-Qatari's will be in their team after what they've done with their athletics team.

Their star striker:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wNlA_DbgqFc/TM69m90MrbI/AAAAAAAAAJk/Z3p73KXjEbI/s1600/Sebastian+Soria.jpg

Sebastián Soria, a Uruguayan.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.renderman.es/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/swedish_football_girls1.jpg

better make the most of this sorta thing in brazil, it'll be too cold in russia and i can't see it being allowed in qatar

Aye, those blokes with their tops off will have their nipples chopped off in no time.

http://www.renderman.es/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/swedish_football_girls1.jpg

better make the most of this sorta thing in brazil, it'll be too cold in russia and i can't see it being allowed in qatar

Russia isn't cold in the summer.

Should just host it in Sweden every fucking time tbh :aww:

Multi Millionaire footballers, 67 million just to premier league agents last year,

The hypocracy of our bid, talking nonsense of helping billions of youngsters through the empty rhetoric of  'Football United' whatever that means.

I could not think of anyone better to represent the paper thin facade of our game where everything is syphoned off to the top than a Royal prince, an old Etonian prime minister and the grotesqe ubercelebrity of brand Beckham.

Shed no tears for any of them, they will continue to line their pockets, that should heal their pain at least.

Some interesting points indeed.

As pissed off as I am I can seen the reasoning behind the Qatar decision.

www.qatar2022bid.com/stadiums

Some impressive stadiums they have planned and I guess it's fifa's duty to "spread football". However i'm still disappointed. Russia 2018 for me, it's somewhere that i've always fancied going to anywhere (whether being with thousands upon thousands of others will destroy that trip is another thing)

I think it's good to have a middle eastern/islamic country as well, will be an interesting cultural thing.

Great post Doug, spot on.