Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't it take us a decade to conclude that the Russians had offed Litvinenko?

I swear even then it was something like "well, they were Russian nationals, so Putin PROBABLY had given it the go ahead".

I think the people talking about boycotting the world cup don't follow or know anything about football, they're probably Rugger or cricket types, and don't realise that England not going would have very little impact. It would be a story for a few days and then everyone other than us would move on.

Seems like the English are scared for real. :lol: Tickets with most availability right now on the FIFA ticket portal is England v Panama, England v Tunisia, Panama v Tunisia, Nigeria v Iceland, Nigeria v Croatia and South Korea v Germany.

Spent 6 hours waiting online, but managed to get a QF ticket in Kazan. Ripoff price, but who cares. Can't wait.

I do realize this is a football forum, and no sane person should ever search for logic or common sense. But, come on :lol:

State-funded violence in Marseille? :D Considering that there were quite a few episodes during Euro16, involving knobs from different countries, I must assume that it had nothing to do with crappy policing and sh!t data exchange between relevant authorities. One evil dude funded it, for some peculiar reason. Hard to say what's the benefit, but I am sure some intellectual like Joey Barton would care to explain :)We had Man U and Lpool in Moscow playing the same week, I never bumped into a single article about any incidents. Likewise, for Spartak and CSKA in corresponding fixtures in England. And curiously enough, there were a few in Spain (one even ending in a tragedy, although I am sure nobody bothered to read a statement from Bilbao police union rep afterwards). Curiously enough, nothing happened when Real Sociedad, Athletic and Sevilla played here. Probably nothing to do with particular individuals responsible in the day among the Spanish police. If Italy get to host a World Cup some time in the future, would one not go because, you know, Rome and Naples, stabbing someone and such? As a match-going local who has seen some truly crap stuff in the stands back in the day, I find this talk absolute nonsense. Then again, I must have forgotten about millions of civilized Westerners who were eaten by bears in Sochi (for being gay and/or black, obviously) or boiled in noodle soup during the Olympics in Beijing. Or something like that :D

As for the spy gate, that is just beyond ridiculous. If people want to boycott, they are free to do so of course. But then again, if we are indeed on course for WW3, how about a great final pissup?

Jesus Christ, maybe I am getting old, but the sheer horror of how many individuals base their thinking on Star Wars and movies about James Bond really does get me sometimes :lol:

Should be a cracking party, but what can one do if we live in a day and age of phony outrage (irrespective of one's place of origin).

So, the Australian media recently posted this "squad depth" of France, who are destined to destroy us in Russia:

7t78gis.png

A day or two later, the following collection of no-names, no-marks and no-hopers was announced for the March friendlies (the only time new coach Bert van Marwijk names a squad before the World Cup):

Goalkeepers: Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic, Brad Jones.

Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Matt Jurman, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury, Aleksandar Susnjar, Bailey Wright.

Midfielders: Josh Brillante, Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Matthew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Dimitri Petratos, Tom Rogic, Nikita Rukavytsya, James Troisi.

Forwards: Tim Cahill, Tomi Juric, Robbie Kruse, Andrew Nabbout.

We got completely bummed in Brazil, looks like we're getting raped in Russia :(

So, the Australian media recently posted this "squad depth" of France, who are destined to destroy us in Russia:

7t78gis.png

A day or two later, the following collection of no-names, no-marks and no-hopers was announced for the March friendlies (the only time new coach Bert van Marwijk names a squad before the World Cup):

Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Matt Jurman, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury, Aleksandar Susnjar, Bailey Wright.

Midfielders: Josh Brillante, Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Matthew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Dimitri Petratos, Tom Rogic, Nikita Rukavytsya, James Troisi.

I know at least two dudes from a football forum that I frequent for the last 10 years who specifically bought tickets to support your boys :lol:For some bizarre reason, your national team is quite appealing here. Have absolutely no idea why, probably nothing to do with Kylie and Hugh :lol:

If they're following us then at least they'll see goals!

One of my good mates is going, got tickets for two of the games and is confident he'll get a Peru ticket while in Russia. Experience of a lifetime, but so much footballing pain...

7t78gis.png

Thought you were quite good in Brazil considering