Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

This world cup is proving having 32 teams is absolutely perfect for balance of making it a World Cup and ensure competitiveness in most games.

Nob.

They actually seem to enjoy what they're doing and try to be professional, which is unusual for people on football TV. They're showing up some of the lazy male pundits IMO.

Apart from not matching with me on Tinder Aluko is sound.

Haven't read the article but that extract makes no sense whatsoever. They've played the same game, so it's not like netball to basketball at all.

What I do find a bit annoying mind is that you seemingly can't express a normal like/dislike preference about individual female commentators etc though. I don't like Clive Tyldesley, doesn't mean I hate all male commentators and think they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Guest firetotheworks

Haven't read the article but that extract makes no sense whatsoever. They've played the same game, so it's not like netball to basketball at all.

What I do find a bit annoying mind is that you seemingly can't express a normal like/dislike preference about individual female commentators etc though. I don't like Clive Tyldesley, doesn't mean I hate all male commentators and think they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

:thup: It's merely a coincidence that every female commentator I've heard sounds whiney to me. The quality of the content has improved though, the BBC commentator whose name escapes me has improved a lot from her "It's the CHINA CAPTAIN!" days.

By the time the next world cup comes around we need to have brought in the 30 minutes each way, stop the clock every time the whistle goes rule.

The level of time wasting, injury faking and general douche-baggery is off the scale.

Nob.

They actually seem to enjoy what they're doing and try to be professional, which is unusual for people on football TV. They're showing up some of the lazy male pundits IMO.

Apart from not matching with me on Tinder Aluko is sound.

:thup: No idea about commentary but as pundits in the studio they've been miles better than Phil Neville etc etc.

I think Scott has been the best pundit tbh. I generally don't care about their analysis (and I don't care about hers either) but she's enthusiastic and doesn't come across as an awkward cringe/isnt boring/isn't weird like Keane etc so wins by default. The only problem is she talks like fucking Alan Pardew.

I don't know what the general consensus is and maybe this should be in the unpopular football opinion thread, but IMO most of the games so far have been boring and negative and the overall standard of the teams pretty shite, apart from Belgium and Croatia and Mexico who have shown signs of being good teams. And the next world cup or the one after that will have 48 teams.....

This world cup is proving having 32 teams is absolutely perfect for balance of making it a World Cup and ensure competitiveness in most games.

It’s literally not, beacaue you don’t have  a 48 team tournament to compare with :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

It’s literally not, beacaue you don’t have  a 48 team tournament to compare with [emoji38]

You have the quality in the World Cup qualifiers to compare it with, clever dick.

Guest Howaythetoon

Drogba looked huge when a player, he looks smaller than Jenas and same size as Murphy on the box.

It’s literally not, beacaue you don’t have  a 48 team tournament to compare with :lol:

I’m still pulling for a massive fuck off bracket of all FIFA member associations replacing inter-confederation qualifying. First round England vs. Tuvalu, Mexico vs. Tajikistan, Nigeria vs. Argentina, etc. Last 32 standing end up in the WC