Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just to follow on from Doug's very good post. Sending the Prime Minister, the Prince and Beckham did reek of desperation and was quite over the top really.

Utter rubbish.

Nope.

So... we shouldn't have sent such key figures? :facepalm:

The Prince and the Prime Minister took away from the football feel. Just felt a bit "glitz and glam" with little substance. Do they really care much for football? Really? That Man City worker was the most captivating bit. Beckham made a lot of sense too I guess because he's had a great career all over the world really, and has a lot of pull.

What's bad about Qatar hosting the WC besides climate?

No football tradition = no atmosphere. Plus it's the size of a medium town, no way it can support all the people going there comfortably.

This. It'll be worse than in South Africa imo.

First of all, it's an absolute farce that they get to have the World Cup with zero footballing tradition. Absolutely none. The Qatari team doesn't even make the final round of Asian qualifiers, never mind the World Cup proper. They're idea of improving their national team is paying random Brazilians to take Qatari passports and play for them. Absolute abomination of a national team.

The air conditioning idea WILL fail. They might have the stadia nice and frosty but tell that to the tens of thousands of fans who are going to be baking to death walking around/standing in line etc.

Plus, we're talking about sticking the entire World Cup in a country that's one half the size of Wales here. Something is bound to be f***ed up.

...Funnily enough though, I'll probably still go to Qatar despite all the potential for disaster. No desire whatsoever to head over to Russia though. (Maybe if I get lucky and our group gets put in Vladivostok.)

no women at he world cup 2022_

I've heard women are not allowed to attend sporting events in many Arab societies, is Qatar one of these?

i guess they "forgot" to mention it in their presentation

Women can attend, alcohol rules will be relaxed for the World Cup as well. I'm not saying they should have got it, but it's not a 3rd world shithole, it's got the highest GDP/capita in the world. :lol:

I've heard women are not allowed to attend sporting events in many Arab societies, is Qatar one of these?

I'm sure Qatar is one of those countries where woman arn't allowed to drive, outside without a man with them, etc. Al Queda will be pissing themselves happy with this outcome.

Just to follow on from Doug's very good post. Sending the Prime Minister, the Prince and Beckham did reek of desperation and was quite over the top really.

Utter rubbish.

Nope.

The Prince and the Prime Minister took away from the football feel. Just felt a bit "glitz and glam" with little substance. Do they really care much for football? Really? That Man City worker was the most captivating bit. Beckham made a lot of sense too I guess because he's had a great career all over the world really, and has a lot of pull.

It won us the Olympics!

Women's rights in Qatar are much more relaxed than other Muslim/Islam states.

Qatar have gangs in the streets?! It's probably one of the safest countries in the world!

That's what our government says as well.

"There is an underlying threat from terrorism in Qatar. Attacks, although unlikely, could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers. See the Safety and Security - Terrorism section.

You should maintain a high level of security awareness, particularly in public places. You should avoid large gatherings and demonstrations. "

Thankfully there are no events planned that will involve large gatherings of western foreign devils then...

Sending the Prime Minister, Prince and Beckham would have actually been great...if having a soundly prepared and detailed bid meant anything.

Really we should have just bunged them.

:sadnod: But being honest in sport just doesnt work until you get caught tbh then the s*** hits the fan,i just hope we can get all these corrupt fuckers caught out by the media weather it be sleeping with transvestites or bunged bank accounts  bring it on im angry but not surprised .

P.S Platini is a  :fwap: too

Qatar have gangs in the streets?! It's probably one of the safest countries in the world!

"There is an underlying threat from terrorism in Qatar. Attacks, although unlikely, could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers. See the Safety and Security - Terrorism section.

You should maintain a high level of security awareness, particularly in public places. You should avoid large gatherings and demonstrations. "

Thankfully there are no events planned that will involve large gatherings of western foreign devils then...

That's not street gangs like Brazil or South Africa though is it? Qatar has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, 2 or 3% of that of the UK. Qatar will have a colossal budget for this, I'm sure they'll sort security out. UK's terrorist level is on 'severe' itself at the moment.

Don't know why I'm defending Qatar here as I wanted Australia to get it :lol: But some people just seem totally ill informed about the Middle East.

Russia and Qatar. One a corrupt racist society. The other a absolute dicatatorship that persecutes gays, jews and beheads criminals in public. Them and FIFA are made for each other. (Mental note to African teams, try not to qualify for 2018, and Israel, forget about 2022). Money fucking talks.

Utter rubbish.

Nope.

It won us the Olympics!

Oh well. Who knows. Just seemd a bit much. It's clear FIFA's emphasis was moving towards giving it to places where they felt that the money would aid some sort of development and improvement of infrastructure etc. England should have found more of an angle such as this to play up. People always go on about how much grass roots football is struggling over here afterall. I don't know ... should have played that up more perhaps? It's unfortunate.

Are the results of the individual voting rounds published yet?

Nope, but Round 1 England knocked out.

Round 2 Russia hit winning total of 12 points.

Round 1, Aussies out

Round 2 Japan out

Round 3 Korea out

Round 4 Qatar > USA

for 2022

That's not street gangs like Brazil or South Africa though is it? Qatar has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, 2 or 3% of that of the UK. Qatar will have a colossal budget for this, I'm sure they'll sort security out. UK's terrorist level is on 'severe' itself at the moment.

Don't know why I'm defending Qatar here as I wanted Australia to get it :lol: But some people just seem totally ill informed about the Middle East.

Will Qatar be a very expensive and difficult place to fly too from different corners of the world with flight connections etc.