Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

La Liga has sued FIFA in the CAS, due to losses related to the switching of dates for the 2022 WC.

Nice O0

I'd like all the leagues to just give FIFA a big fuck off and continue with their fixtures like normal, wouldn't work obviously since the players would want to play in the WC. Would be awesome if it turned into a B-tournament because all the stars stayed home and played for their clubs (since it's in the middle of the season).

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33577956

Emmanuel Frimpong: Ex-Arsenal player reacts to 'monkey chants'

Former Arsenal player Emmanuel Frimpong was sent off playing for Russian side FC Ufa after he gestured to the crowd with his middle finger in response to alleged monkey chants.

The midfielder, 23, was playing away to Spartak Moscow in the opening game of the Russian Premier League season.

"When the match was stopped, the fans started shouting 'monkey' at me," said Ghana's Frimpong after the 2-2 draw.

"I just did not keep my cool, I showed my emotions and it was my mistake."

Frimpong was shown the red card after half an hour of the game in Moscow, with the score at 1-1.

He wrote on Twitter  after the match: "A human being shouldn't be racially abused for the game that I love. I'm going to serve a sentence for being abused."

Ufa general director Shamil Gazizov said his club would not be calling for Spartak to be punished, describing it as an "unfortunate incident".

"There were people who could have shouted things. These are emotions which go away after the game. We are partners with the red and whites and are on good terms," he said.

"What Frimpong did was wrong. Sometimes you even have to hold back the tears and just put up with it."

Russia hosts the next World Cup in 2018, and Frimpong added: "Abused... and yet we going to hold a World Cup in this country where Africans will have to come play football."

Manchester City and Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure, who has been racially abused while playing in Russia in the Champions League, has previously said black players might boycott the World Cup unless the country tackles racism in football.

Last season, Torpedo Moscow's Congolese defender Christopher Samba was banned for two matches for gesturing to fans following racist abuse.

There have been more than 200 cases of discriminatory behaviour linked to Russian football over the past two seasons.

But in March former head of Russian football Vyacheslav Koloskov said too much is made of racism in the country and has also questioned why monkey chants are assumed to be racist.

Predictably appalling response from the club and the league. Do agents when arranging deals for black players going to Russia give them warnings: 'you're going to be racially abused and you're the only person who will get any blame for it'

Guest antz1uk

how the fuck Russia gets away with being part of anything, Uefa, UN etc when they have such barbaric and shitty human rights issues is beyond me. They have utter disregard for anything other than themselves, such a shitty set of people, they're like gypsies. one rule for them one rule for everyone else, the world cup there is going to be an absolute mess.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its weird because I know a few Russians living here in Newcastle and although radge as fuck, they are quite liberal. Clearly as a country though the place is fucked up.

how the fuck Russia gets away with being part of anything, Uefa, UN etc when they have such barbaric and shitty human rights issues is beyond me. They have utter disregard for anything other than themselves, such a shitty set of people, they're like gypsies. one rule for them one rule for everyone else, the world cup there is going to be an absolute mess.

:lol:

Its weird because I know a few Russians living here in Newcastle and although radge as fuck, they are quite liberal. Clearly as a country though the place is fucked up.

Generally those who emigrate tend to be more cultural, educated people than those who don't. You don't often find people who emigrate to be against immigrants and and people with different ethnicities. Well I say that but fare few of these Brits who go and emigrate to the Costa's will do their best to prove me wrong.

Its weird because I know a few Russians living here in Newcastle and although radge as f***, they are quite liberal. Clearly as a country though the place is f***ed up.

Generally those who emigrate tend to be more cultural, educated people than those who don't. You don't often find people who emigrate to be against immigrants and and people with different ethnicities. Well I say that but fare few of these Brits who go and emigrate to the Costa's will do their best to prove me wrong.

Leffe and SEMTEX like this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33628079

Emmanuel Frimpong says Russian FA 'beyond a joke'

Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong called the Russian Football Union 'beyond a joke' after he was handed a two-game ban for reacting to alleged racist abuse.

The Ufa player said he was the subject of monkey chants before being sent off for a gesture against Spartak Moscow.

Spartak will not be punished as the RFU said it found no evidence of racism.

"For the Russian FA to say they didn't hear or see any evidence of racism is beyond a joke," Frimpong tweeted.

"Been banned for two games - acceptable on my part for the gesture, no problems with that.

"I've always said we are blessed in England and how wonderful of a country it is. Not saying there isn't racism in England of course. Must stress not all Russians behave like that."

Artur Grigoryants, head of the disciplinary committee, said: "The match inspector and the match delegate did not note that there had been any disciplinary violations by Spartak supporters towards Frimpong in the match reports.

"There were no instances of racism. We have no grounds to take disciplinary sanctions against Spartak."

Ghana midfielder Frimpong, 23, apologised for his reaction but did not attend the hearing.

Last season, Dynamo Moscow's Congolese defender Christopher Samba was given the same ban for an identical offence.

Zenit St Petersburg's Brazilian striker Hulk has recently said racism happens at "almost every game" in the Russian league and that it is a genuine threat to the 2018 World Cup, which will he held in the country.

He said he had repeatedly faced monkey chants and also accused a referee of racially abusing him.

It was announced on Wednesday that the striker will be one of the star names taking part in the preliminary draw for the World Cup, along with compatriot Ronaldo, former Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro and ex-Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o.

Guest Roger Kint

Theres so much garbage in Europe, the state of half those groups with only two decent sides to go in each