West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Powder puff challenge from Jonas, otherwise it would still be 0-0. Their best other chance was Sol dawdling. They're just knocking it square and getting nowhere (which admittedly beats route 1 with no-one running for the flick-on).

We've got to create something now but I can't see from where. Guthrie and Shola have been terrible and the wide players have also been poor.

Powder puff challenge from Jonas, otherwise it would still be 0-0. Their best other chance was Sol dawdling. They're just knocking it square and getting nowhere (which admittedly beats route 1 with no-one running for the flick-on).

We've got to create something now but I can't see from where. Guthrie and Shola have been terrible and the wide players have also been poor.

:sadnod:

I know we're playing shit but in terms of goalscoring chances we probably should be in front. They're not THAT good.

Guest MrSundlofer

Changes needed to be done. The defence is fine:

Enrique - Campbell - Taylor - Simpson

Enrique, Taylor and Simpson doing their job in the first half. Solid at the back but nothing going forward. Campbell should be placed at the "DCR spot". His left foot is awful.

Tiote is doing okey. I'm having problems with Guthrie. Why is he so defensive? He's acting like a deep-playing midfielder, (well he thinks he is). He must push forward more. Both Jonas and Routledge must push forward more as well.

Has Routledge played in a central attacking position before?

I'm thinking about playing 4-2-3-1. Put Routledge in the central attacking position and bring on Nile Ranger attacking from the right wing. Ameobi off. As usual, Ameobi has a awful first touch.

Guthrie - Tiote

Ranger - Routledge - Jonas

Carroll will get a goal today.

Guthrie is awful on set pieces...

Yet another game where it looks like the tactics are "just see what happens lads"

Well nah... the tactic is to sit as deep as possible because they've got stacks more pace upfront than we do in defense. As a result of that we're getting absolutely no possession. We need to just put that idea to bed n................

LOVENKRANDS? Fuck off.