*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't tell me you're taking Ronaldo's take on this seriously?

That he wasn't the answer long term? Most will agree. Maybe not today, but eventually.

That our results on the pitch in his one and a half season in charge somehow merited him being sacked by these classless clueless bastards in charge of our club..

Its Ronaldo, he's basically our version of Talksport.

The big reason cited behind the scenes is that they want a boss who can attract the Sky cameras to St James’ more often, at almost £500,00 per televised match.

WHAT?!

I can't think of a season in the last 5 years where we've been on the Telly as often as this.  :idiot2:

looks like you had the same reaction as me.  If those 2 clowns think we need a big name manager so we get on the tv more then they are even bigger idiots than i first thought. 

I don't think the likes of sky and espn even think about who the manager is when picking games,  they'll select us for tv mainly because we have a big fanbase and are good for ratings.  They know if we are picked people will watch.

I guess this means Ashley is going to spring Charles Bronson out of jail to be our manager.

its makes my cheryl cole crazy theory seem almost credible.................... it would get cameras at sjp

The mind boggles. Maybe we can try and get Ashley detained under the mental health act.

i feel a peep show moment of everyone trying to section eachother

That he wasn't the answer long term? Most will agree. Maybe not today, but eventually.

That our results on the pitch in his one and a half season in charge somehow merited him being sacked by these classless clueless bastards in charge of our club..

See, where did I say the sacking was merited? I've said countless times that it was premature, but understandable to a degree.

The more I think about this the worse I feel.  It's probably sinking in more and more now how much Hughton did for the club and how much admiration he built up in his short time in charge.  Hughton was perfect in the situation we are (were) in, he is dignified, cool headed, smart and stable, Ashley has fucked up again and blown all of this apart.

Everyone time were have one of these meltdowns more and more comes to light about the Ashley regime and it gets more and more worrying.  I thought with Hughton in charge everything had settled down...apparently not...it looks like Hughton was shafted.

Seems like there's so much other stuff to say but it's hard to put everything in words in a logical, reasoned argument - I'll leave the likes of Caulkin to do that.  Regardless though, this sacking has been pathetic, shameful and just depressing.

It really is. And the stuff about Ashley's anger at Hughton milking it after the 5-1 v The Mackems was in Golfmag's original post about a month ago.

If true,but also casts a shadow over Pardew,if they want a showbusiness type appointment.

"He walks away with a modest pay-off of less than £200,000 – compared to the £4.5million it cost to get rid of Sam Allardyce. "  FFS! Cheating bastards! :rant:

See, where did I say the sacking was merited? I've said countless times that it was premature, but understandable to a degree.

You did say you would be generous and give him a month tbf.

Out of interest, after another month of poor results, which long-term and tactically adept manager would you be looking to bring in?

Same difference..

Anyone have Hughton's total WLD stats starting with the Championship season opener?

On his wikipedia page as being:

P70, W37, L14, D17, 55.7%

Wonder if that includes his care taking during the JFK fiasco.

Either way, that's a fucking good record and no reason to be sacked.  He was everything we needed this season and now it's all up in smoke because Ashley is a egomaniac.

You managed to see the Everton game? I went to just about every f***ing bar in the south of Florida to find it. Couldn't.

What?  :lol: That was the main game on FSC that day.

Wasn't on in a single pub. No football whatsoever.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyone have Hughton's total WLD stats starting with the Championship season opener?

Either way, that's a fucking good record and no reason to be sacked.  He was everything we needed this season and now it's all up in smoke because Ashley is a egomaniac.

If I was to play Ronaldo-Advocate for a minute: If you only showed Premier League stats, what would it say...

Nah that's just from June 2009 onwards.

Same difference..

Only if you're simple.

If I was to play Ronaldo-Advocate for a minute: If you only showed Premier League stats, what would it say...

Ronaldo-Advocate. :lol:

You managed to see the Everton game? I went to just about every f***ing bar in the south of Florida to find it. Couldn't.

Crazy. Must be Florida, never been stuck there trying to find game.

Might've been on too early for the pubs, who knows.  We're not the best nation for trying to catch football in a pub but a lot of pubs actually do try.  I've found a few that will open up when the first match starts, but they usually can't sell booze until like 11 or so depending on which state/county it's in.

Not good reading whatsoever, just goes to show that Ashley and Llambias definitely didn't learn from the Keegan saga what with the apparent constant interference.

"Knowledgeable football fans" - f*** off

Might've been on too early for the pubs, who knows.  We're not the best nation for trying to catch football in a pub but a lot of pubs actually do try.  I've found a few that will open up when the first match starts, but they usually can't sell booze until like 11 or so depending on which state/county it's in.

Took 15 minutes of convincing for Paddy Murphy's in Naples to put the Croatia - England (Walcott) game on in Sep 08, the locals didn't have a clue what was going on.

Same difference..

Only if you're simple.

This is what you said: "Hughton's had 16 games, man. He's looked up to it in about 4. We can't afford to continue to piss away points."

Are you or are you not suggesting Hughton was not "up to it" for about 12 of our 16 Premiership games he was in charge off? Most of our supporters would agree that considering the circumstances (newly promoted, shit squad) we have looked up for it for the vast majority of our matches, only really underperforming in a hand full of matches at the most. Not sure what you would expect from another manager with this squad tbh. I can safely say not many managers would have done better than Chris in the time he's been in charge, and there are certainly not many who would have even accepted the challenge with the buffoons in charge. Chris deserves nothing but credit for what he's done for us, simple as that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For some reason I can't help but think Mike Ashley will be caught up in a big betting scheme where he's been trying to fix results and events in football.  :facepalm: Like the only reason he bought the Toon was to get a foot into football so he could have some influence.

Putting money on Keegan becoming manager, and then Kinnear, when their odds were stupid.