*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

There's no quotes from Pardew, but it seems odd to me that someone close to him would leak that he's interested if he was already lined up to come in. I realize that I'm clutching at straws here.

Twitter talk is suggesting the Pardew deal has been ready for weeks but Hughton kept pulling the results out.  :undecided: :undecided:

Yeah, so why the need to leak that? Most of the time when information comes from sources close to a person it's be done purposely.

We are royally fucked. Season over - there's noone he can realisitically bring in to save us.

I've made no secret of the fact that I wasn't Hughton's biggest fan, nor a big fan of Barton, Nolan etc, but they respected Hughton and the team spirit and so on was there and it's probably one of the biggest reasons that we are 11th.

Taking away the manager and angering the fans and upsetting the players, they will be on the floor. We'll slip into the bottom three by Christmas and we'll struggle to come out. They just aren't good enough to carry themselves through a difficult time like this and it'll show.

Cheers Mike :thup:

Jonas Twitter: Gracias chris hughton por creer en nosotros cuando nadie confiaba en nosotros.

Translation: Chris Hughton Thanks for believing in us when nobody believed in us.

:(

fucking hell man, talking about tugging at the heart strings :(

Just put £10 on

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01466/diego_maradona_1466578c.jpg

because I'm so fucking angry and can't think straight and it feels like Ashley's manager appointment logic. Star -> Random -> Star -> Random-ish -> Star AND Random

It seems like Campbell is the first player to come out and speak on this issue.

Newcastle United defender Sol Campbell has spoken of his admiration for axed boss Chris Hughton and claims the manager's shock sacking will have a negative impact on the club's morale.

Campbell, who made his 500th Premier League appearance this weekend, told ESPNsoccernet: "Chris is such a lovely guy. Top man. This will hit the players hard. The players admired him, and liked him, and won't be happy now he's gone like this."

The former England, Arsenal and Tottenham centre-back added: "You have got to ask yourself why this has happened because it makes no sense. Here is a guy who has done an unbelievable job. He got the club back into the Premier league and any manager would have been rewarded for that with a new contract - but Chris wasn't.

"The players are sure to be asking themselves 'what the hell is going on?', that is only natural.

"We all had a good relationship with the players, and when we left training this morning none of the players had a clue this was coming.

"But word started to spread that the bookies had stopped taking bets and the players started texting each other with the news.

"Yes, it has come as a shock, and it will affect the dressing room there is no doubt about that."

100% lost the dressing room then.

Fucking idiots.

To be fair, Hughton is a nice guy and the majority of people on here (and no doubt linked with the club) have been strongly rooting for him over the past 18months. I can't see players, if they did have an issue with him, running to the press on the day he's sacked to stick the knife in.

So what evidence is there that he lost the dressing room? I'm yet to hear of any. Nothing. You are making up reasons for his sacking because there is no acceptable reason for it.

Jonas Twitter: Gracias chris hughton por creer en nosotros cuando nadie confiaba en nosotros.

Translation: Chris Hughton Thanks for believing in us when nobody believed in us.

What the fuck. He didn't lose the dressing room, he hasn't fallen out with the players, the results weren't bad for the first season back, we are MID TABLE - and he's getting sacked? I can't believe it.

Just proves how much he actually meant to the players.

Ashley really fucked this one up.

Aye, it seems as though he'd lost the dressing room. Would explain the sudden downturn in performances, even the decent result against Chelsea seemed to lack the spark of the Sunderland and Arsenal games.

Does it? What's the source on that?

I really hope it's not actually true, but the absolutely gutless last two away performances would arguably suggest that he had. :undecided:

So the instant a club starts losing games it's fair to suggest the manager has lost the dressing room and therefore needs replacing sharpish? Do me a favour.

I note Stu has failed to criticise this decision one bit btw, despite being all over others having a go at Hughton and the players like a rash in previous weeks.

Amidst rumours of Nolan going apeshit at him and Barton refusing to play? I hope i'm just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, like. It doesn't sound completely impossible, though.

I'm not saying it justifies his sacking, either, btw.

That's complete nonsense that. Nolan always gad a great relationship with Hughton.

Potential positives

- A kick up the backside for the players who were getting too comfy. YES SHOLA I MEAN YOU!

- Maybe, just maybe, a top experienced manager comes in, as wishful as it might be.

- Some new players in January, which the top manager insists upon.

- Shola being sold.

- Alan Smith being sold.

f***ing hell man, talking about tugging at the heart strings :(

Just proves how much he actually meant to the players.

Ashley really f***ed this one up.

Surely he couldn't have underestimated how popular he was with the fans? He's actually mental.