*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Utterly bewildering. 

Ashley's excuse that they want more experience just doesn't stand up.  He was good enough for Ashley when you were relegated, he was good enough to get you straight back up again, he was good enough to get you up to 11th.  Doesn't Ashley realise that that is a significant achievement in itself.

Who are the alternatives?

Pardew?  :rolleyes:  Does he really offer more than Hughton?

O'Neill?  Will Ashley offer MON more support than he got from Lerner at Villa?

Ashley could always go for an experienced foreign manager.  Jaunde Ramos perhaps? Or Christian Gross?  Two very experienced managers!!

Shameful decision.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Oh noes, Dave put the Official stamp on it :(

No was me ::lol:

a few poor sods still thought it was a wind up

You officially sacked Chris Hughton :(

If nothing else, Shearer would be acceptable because he would be the only candidate who would take the job that wouldn't immediately cause me to projectile vomit.

just imagine the scenes in SMB if he takes us down for the 2nd time! (Not that I blame shearer for it anyway)

Current odds (Bet 365)

Alan Pardew 5/6

Martin O'Neill 7/2

Alan Curbishley 10/1

Joe Kinnear 20/1

Paul Lambert 25/1

Lee Clark 25/1

Martin Jol 25/1

David Moyes 25/1

Peter Beardsley 25/1

Alan Shearer 33/1

Jesus. Jol and Moyes are the only 2 good ones. Even WE are better than Pardew, but we're probably about right for O'Neil - mediocre manager, mediocre club.

Guest palnese

He lost the dressing room(Barton/Nolan/Smith). I really don't see any other reason.

Ashley has had a track record of sacking/losing managers for other reasons than that.  What makes you think it's the dressing room being lost?

He lost the dressing room(Barton/Nolan/Smith). I really don't see any other reason.

Ashley has had a track record of sacking/losing managers for other reasons than that.  What makes you think it's the dressing room being lost?

In four weeks? I highly doubt it.

Guest toonlass

I know I shouldn't be, given Mike Ashley's tenure here, but I am shocked. People go on about Hughton not being a manage but that is exactly what he was. We were relegated, we were in the shit. Players didn't want to be here and there were lazy and mercenary guys all over our squad. We were predicted to be the next Leeds, then Hughton stepped up, got those who wanted to go out the door, got a fabulous spirit and camaraderie going in the dressing room, led us back up to the Premiership and was sacked with us in a mid table position.

If that isn't management then I don't know what is!

I thank Chris for taking up the reins when we were relegated and putting up with Mike Ashley's bullshit for the whole time. He us a gentleman.

I know I shouldn't be, given Mike Ashley's tenure here, but I am shocked. People go on about Hughton not being a manage but that is exactly what he was. We were relegated, we were in the shit. Players didn't want to be here and there were lazy and mercenary guys all over our squad. We were predicted to be the next Leeds, then Hughton stepped up, got those who wanted to go out the door, got a fabulous spirit and camaraderie going in the dressing room, led us back up to the Premiership and was sacked with us in a mid table position.

If that isn't management then I don't know what is!

I thank Chris for taking up the reins when we were relegated and putting up with Mike Ashley's bullshit for the whole time. He us a gentleman.

A true gent and a proven good manager who was showing signs of becoming a very good manager. Whoever gets him have got a great man.

- A kick up the backside for the players who were getting too comfy.

I'm sorry, but if you seriously believe that then you are insane. This will turn the players into a pile of mushy s***.

KaKa is rather insane, tbf.

Hey, that's messed up. Cool your jets my friend.

The players should quit the tweeting all their sorrows tbh. What they should have done is put in more effort yesterday.

I hope we get someone who is tough on them next. They're a bunch of softies. Wonder if Rijkaard would fancy it ... don't answer that btw.

Also, the more they tweet, the less the pretendy ITK's can make things up.

I'm sorry, but if you seriously believe that then you are insane. This will turn the players into a pile of mushy s***.

The players should quit the tweeting all their sorrows tbh. What they should have done is put in more effort yesterday.

I hope we get someone who is tough on them next. They're a bunch of softies. Wonder if Rijkaard would fancy it ... don't answer that btw.

I tweeted Jonas asking about Maradona. :lol:

It's meant in good humour, man. You're sound. :thup:

Current odds (Bet 365)

Alan Pardew 5/6

Martin O'Neill 7/2

Alan Curbishley 10/1

Joe Kinnear 20/1

Paul Lambert 25/1

Lee Clark 25/1

Martin Jol 25/1

David Moyes 25/1

Peter Beardsley 25/1

Alan Shearer 33/1

I don't want any of those tbh. O'Neill's the only one better than Hughton. Moyes would never come anyway.

How about Fatih Terim?

I tweeted Jonas asking about Maradona. :lol:

Leave it to Kaizero to find new and innovative humor in this situation :lol:

Is there no part of Ashley's brain where there's a little alarm bell going off, a nagging feeling, a little voice saying "Hang on, Mike... This seems a bit familiar... You're f***ing it all up again, aren't you?"

Probably done with a big Aphex Twin grin.

Current odds (Bet 365)

Alan Pardew 5/6

Martin O'Neill 7/2

Alan Curbishley 10/1

Joe Kinnear 20/1

Paul Lambert 25/1

Lee Clark 25/1

Martin Jol 25/1

David Moyes 25/1

Peter Beardsley 25/1

Alan Shearer 33/1

I don't want any of those tbh. O'Neill's the only one better than Hughton. Moyes would never come anyway.

How about Fatih Terim?

moyes and jol would be acceptable to me but thats not going to happen

Is there no part of Ashley's brain where there's a little alarm bell going off, a nagging feeling, a little voice saying "Hang on, Mike... This seems a bit familiar... You're f***ing it all up again, aren't you?"

Probably done with a big Aphex Twin grin.

It's like when Peter Griffin's angel on his shoulder gets stuck in traffic.