*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Long time reader, first post…..

This is obviously not a football decision, these people know nothing about football.  Reckon this is just about the concept described in their pre-season statement. My hunch is Ashley feels Hughton is too close to senior players who long term he wants to get off the books – Nolan, Barton, Colo etc. and replace with younger, cheaper players. Also he would have been mightily miffed that Hughton wanted an outside appointment as assistant and let everyone know. My guess is he would have wanted Beardsley, who has been very supportive of the regime, in that role to eventually take over in future – again fitting the “concept”. This again shows a complete lack of football knowledge regarding the nature of the manager/assistant relationship.

Pardew is ambitious and desperate enough to agree to all this. He fits the bill. And I wonder if that’s why his previous assistant Wally Downes has just taken the job at West ham. He can also be passed off as “experienced” by Ashley and Lambias.

Having said that, the players have done Chris no favors with some of their recent performances, they’ve given the board the excuse they’ve been waiting for.

good news this!  well done ashley for taking decisive action.

stop the rot while there is a season to save.

For once am impressed with him.

how impressed are you going to be when he appoints Pardew? :D

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Hughton was dead against appointment of Beardsley as reserve coach. But it happened anyway. That's what he was dealing with ... #Nufc

Interesting.

Long time reader, first post..

This is obviously not a football decision, these people know nothing about football.  Reckon this is just about the concept described in their pre-season statement. My hunch is Ashley feels Hughton is too close to senior players who long term he wants to get off the books Nolan, Barton, Colo etc. and replace with younger, cheaper players. Also he would have been mightily miffed that Hughton wanted an outside appointment as assistant and let everyone know. My guess is he would have wanted Beardsley, who has been very supportive of the regime, in that role to eventually take over in future again fitting the concept. This again shows a complete lack of football knowledge regarding the nature of the manager/assistant relationship.

Pardew is ambitious and desperate enough to agree to all this. He fits the bill. And I wonder if thats why his previous assistant Wally Downes has just taken the job at West ham. He can also be passed off as experienced by Ashley and Lambias.

Having said that, the players have done Chris no favors with some of their recent performances, theyve given the board the excuse theyve been waiting for.

Welcome mate :)

Some interesting and probably logical points when it comes to Ashley

beardsley's an ashley arse licker. probably got this temporary position on the back of supporting ashley in the press.

ashley is someone who cares more about having his ego massaged than anything else. even at sports direct he's been known to do things like this.

I am gutted by this but not surprised. The stupidity of some of Ashley's earlier mistakes was of such magnitude that I could never quite bring myself to believe that he wouldn't screw it up again. There was  hope that he'd learned something from his time here and couldn't be that stupid again, but it was only hope.

C*nts like Ashley make a success in one business sector and are arrogant enough to think they can do the same in a completely different area by applying exactly the same principles. It happens all the time sadly.

Beardsley will be in charge for Liverpool and Birmingham; we'll lose both.

The club will 'panic' and appoint Alan Pardew (see Kinnear, Joe) on a temporary basis whilst they 'seek a long-term successor'.

Couple of draws over the following month and they'll appoint Pardew permanent manager on February 2nd.

Piece of piss.

I am gutted by this but not surprised. The stupidity of some of Ashley's earlier mistakes was of such magnitude that I could never quite bring myself to believe that he wouldn't screw it up again. There was  hope that he'd learned something from his time here and couldn't be that stupid again, but it was only hope.

C*nts like Ashley make a success in one business sector and are arrogant enough to think they can do the same in a completely different area by applying exactly the same principles. It happens all the time sadly.

Nail on head.

This is obviously not a football decision, these people know nothing about football.  Reckon this is just about the concept described in their pre-season statement. My hunch is Ashley feels Hughton is too close to senior players who long term he wants to get off the books Nolan, Barton, Colo etc. and replace with younger, cheaper players. Also he would have been mightily miffed that Hughton wanted an outside appointment as assistant and let everyone know. My guess is he would have wanted Beardsley, who has been very supportive of the regime, in that role to eventually take over in future again fitting the concept. This again shows a complete lack of football knowledge regarding the nature of the manager/assistant relationship.

Pardew is ambitious and desperate enough to agree to all this. He fits the bill. And I wonder if thats why his previous assistant Wally Downes has just taken the job at West ham. He can also be passed off as experienced by Ashley and Lambias.

Having said that, the players have done Chris no favors with some of their recent performances, theyve given the board the excuse theyve been waiting for.

Sickening but seems pretty feasible considering who we are dealing with. And welcome.

The club will 'panic' and appoint Alan Pardew (see Kinnear, Joe) on a temporary basis whilst they 'seek a long-term successor'.

Couple of draws over the next month and they'll appoint Pardew permanent manager on February 2nd.

Piece of piss.

If the club don't appoint a manager within a couple of days on a long term basis then, well, WTF man was all this about?

Couple of draws over the next month and they'll appoint Pardew permanent manager on February 2nd.

Piece of piss.

So sadly true.

Piece of piss.

If the club don't appoint a manager within a couple of days on a long term basis then, well, WTF man was all this about?

Just Mike Ashley being Mike Ashley.

There's definitely been something going on behind the scenes, as Hughton didn't want Pedro to be the reserve manager.

It wouldn't surprise me as well, especially the way Pedro was so quick to lick Ashley's arse after the whole Keegan fiasco.

I can't believe what it's doing to me.

It's actually making me sit back and realise just how decently placed we were. Sacking a manager whilst in 11th ffs.

We have the same amount of points as Chelsea in the last six league games :lol:

In regards to Pardew, didn't someone post on here a few weeks ago that a law firm were finalising contracts for Pardew's appointment?

No doubt in mind that he's going to be next manager. Looking at the fat cunt's appointments so far, none are what you might call 'active' or 'established' managers. They've all been drifters. We're kidding ourselves if we think we're getting anything different.

So so gutted. Absolutely loved Hughton - an intelligent, articulate, and gracious man who went about his job of pulling this club out of the shitter in a dignified manner. A real role model, a top bloke, and, in my opinion, a promising manner.

Fuck you Ashley.

There's definitely been something going on behind the scenes, as Hughton didn't want Pedro to be the reserve manager.

It wouldn't surprise me as well, especially the way Pedro was so quick to lick Ashley's arse after the whole Keegan fiasco.

Aye. It's so depressing to think that someone who was such a hero of mine as a kid could be actively supporting this cunt.

Agree with this.  They have just been waiting for the opportunity to get rid of Hughton.  I think the new manager will have to agree to selling certain players whereas Hughton was very supportive of them.  And Beardsley has never missed an opportunity to big up Ashley and I think he would be a disastrous manager.