*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Guest antz1uk

Everyone seems to be banging on about MA doing this to Spite the fans (and because he can).

One thing I will say is.....

Would you, as a chairman be happy with whats happening this season? We had resounding wins against Villa and the Mackems, Hard fought for wins against Everton and Arsenal ......................

AND THEN

hammered by Bolton and West Brom. Unnacceptable losses against Blackpool and Stoke and a couple of rather nasty draws against Fulham and Wolves.

Given the wins we had surely we should have annihilated the teams we drew/lost against?

I know we drew against Chelsea in the league, but hey everyone is drawing / Beating Chelsea at the moment. I know we beat them in the cup (which was a fantastic result) but we then got spanked by the Gooners.

What would you do if you were in Ashleys shoes? stick with it and hope it gets better or make change?

all depends on who the replacement is.

bullshit.. most clubs suffer exactly the same sort of thing throughout the season, it's swings and roundabouts, majority are prepared to stick with their managers, as i would have done, what on earth do some people expect with barely a budget and suspensions and injuries, we can't win every game, mid table would have been fantastic after what we had been through, i would have been very happy just to stay up, unless there is some tremendous appointment behind all of this i fear we will be back to where we were after the keegan debacle

Guest guinness_fiend

Fuck you, Ashley.  Terrible decision given the circumstances and quite telling that he waited until Carroll, Williamson and Ranger signed contracts whilst under Hughton's stewardship.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9261212.stm

Newcastle defender Sol Campbell criticised the decision.

"This will hit the players hard," he told ESPN Soccernet. "The players admired him and liked him and won't be happy now he's gone like this.

"It makes no sense. Here is a guy who has done an unbelievable job. He got the club back into the Premier League and any manager would have been rewarded for that with a new contract, but Chris wasn't.

"The players are sure to be asking themselves 'what the hell is going on?', that is only natural.

"When we left training this morning none of the players had a clue this was coming. Yes, it has come as a shock, and it will affect the dressing room there is no doubt about that."

I know it won't do us any good, but we need a show of support for Chris on Saturday, be it singing or badly spelled bedsheets (I'm thinkiing maybe a Banksy-style  black and shite stencil of CH with a simple sentiment underneath like "BETRAYED")

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2rzub0m.jpg

Absolutely sickening that they've done this to a man who's worked miracles with our team. For the first time in over 5 years, we were a relatively respectable club again and in the snap of a finger we're back to being the laughing stock of the country. We really need a miracle of epic proportions to get this fat clueless arsecake out of our club.

Thanks for everything Chris and all the best. You deserve it.

"This will hit the players hard," he told ESPN Soccernet. "The players admired him and liked him and won't be happy now he's gone like this.

"It makes no sense. Here is a guy who has done an unbelievable job. He got the club back into the Premier League and any manager would have been rewarded for that with a new contract, but Chris wasn't.

"The players are sure to be asking themselves 'what the hell is going on?', that is only natural.

"When we left training this morning none of the players had a clue this was coming. Yes, it has come as a shock, and it will affect the dressing room there is no doubt about that."

Players should be sticking their foots in a bit here. Well in Sol.

Everyone seems to be banging on about MA doing this to Spite the fans (and because he can).

One thing I will say is.....

Would you, as a chairman be happy with whats happening this season? We had resounding wins against Villa and the Mackems, Hard fought for wins against Everton and Arsenal ......................

AND THEN

hammered by Bolton and West Brom. Unnacceptable losses against Blackpool and Stoke and a couple of rather nasty draws against Fulham and Wolves.

Given the wins we had surely we should have annihilated the teams we drew/lost against?

I know we drew against Chelsea in the league, but hey everyone is drawing / Beating Chelsea at the moment. I know we beat them in the cup (which was a fantastic result) but we then got spanked by the Gooners.

What would you do if you were in Ashleys shoes? stick with it and hope it gets better or make change?

Sounds like the form of a mid-table team.  And that's the best we could have hoped for after last season's promotion.

Look at some of tottenhams results this season.

Lost to two sides in the bottom 3 in Wigan and west ham. Lost 4-2 at Bolton.

You arent going to get that level of consistancy outside of the top 4 generally. Players are not always going to be at their best, they are going to be more motivated on some occasions than others thats just how it is.

When we found ourselves in times of trouble,

Chris Hughton came to us.

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

And in our hour of darkness,

He was standing right in front of us

Leading us to safety, let it be.

Mike, do you want to give him a new contract?

"Na, na na, nana na na..."

Premature, harsh, etc.

If there's anything at all positive to take out of this, it's the decisiveness shown. The first crack appeared against Bolton, and it widened significantly yesterday.

That's not decisiveness, it's knee jerk stupidity. Presumably you'd have binned Moyes after the beating WBA gave them last week? Ancelotti after sunderland? Fergie after West Ham?

New rule - every defeat brings a new boss (even if half your team is injured/banned). It'll be like pool in the pub.

Those are all proven PL managers who've had massive success at this level. What an insane bunch of comparisons.

Interesting comments on Twitter #nufc

A 'few' #NUFC players thought Hughton lost focus after Calderwood left the club. The need for a new assistant was felt in training. #NUFC

half a minute ago via Seesmic for BlackBerry .

Last week, unofficial negotiations took place with Martin O'Neil in London. MoN turned down chance to manage #NUFC. Reason unknown.

4 minutes ago via Seesmic for BlackBerry .

Hughton was warned after 5-1 defeat at #Bolton. He told players that his future was on the line. #NUFC

7 minutes ago via Seesmic for BlackBerry .

Hughton forced out due to inconsistent results. The board was not given enough of an assurance that he can manage at top level. #NUFC

I love talking to me dad about this, like. Reckons someone'll take out Ashley with a rifle in the not to distant future ;D. Can't see it happening unless my dad has a gun  ???

that was the best post i've read today.

4 minutes ago via Seesmic for BlackBerry .

Hughton was warned after 5-1 defeat at #Bolton. He told players that his future was on the line. #NUFC

That one is interesting given how visibly annoyed and distraught Jonas got towards the end of the WBA match. More than probably nothing related to that, though.

half a minute ago via Seesmic for BlackBerry .

Last week, unofficial negotiations took place with Martin O'Neil in London. MoN turned down chance to manage #NUFC. Reason unknown.

:mystery:

Ronaldo are you actually serious? We've been on a bad run recently but you don't f***ing sack your manager after the first bad run of your season, it's completley mental.

How can he be serious? the only person in this forum who support the decision ......  Hate him

:lol:

I said yesterday that I thought he was on the verge, but I also said I didn't support it.

I also said in this thread that it was too soon. How much more do you couple of idiots want?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

On replacement > Alan Pardew will sign a contract until end of the season (in next few days). He's agreed to minimal spending in Jan. #NUFC

Great.

Premature, harsh, etc.

If there's anything at all positive to take out of this, it's the decisiveness shown. The first crack appeared against Bolton, and it widened significantly yesterday.

:lol:  :fishing:

Sorry Sol... but you should be asking Ashley that instead.