*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Looking back has Ashley ever really gone for a cheap manager though? He only seems to have done so in transition moments. Keegan left which was not planned and so we ended up with Kinnear temporarily, as the club was in a huge mess at the time. Kinnear collapsed and so we ended up with Shearer temporarily. Hughton was caretaker and was leading us back and so the club decided not to rock the boat. Never really appointed them as chosen managers though.

The only real appointment they ever made was Keegan and he wasn't a cheap appointment and was actually very experienced. We know for sure that Ashley went after Redknapp who was not cheap and was very experienced, and we have since found out from Houllier himself that he was close to getting the job before Keegan was hired, again very experienced and not cheap.

Therefore, we can only hope that the manager of the club is something that Ashley takes somewhat seriously, and he is indeed looking for someone worthy of the position, and not your Pardews, Curbishleys, Jewells etc.

Looking back has Ashley ever really gone for a cheap manager though? He only seems to have done so in transition moments. Keegan left which was not planned and so we ended up with Kinnear temporarily, as the club was in a huge mess at the time. Kinnear collapsed and so we ended up with Shearer temporarily. Hughton was caretaker and was leading us back and so the club decided not to rock the boat. Never really appointed them as chosen managers though.

The only real appointment they ever made was Keegan and he wasn't a cheap appointment and was actually very experienced. We know for sure that Ashley went after Redknapp who was not cheap and was very experienced, and we have since found out from Houllier himself that he was close to getting the job before Keegan was hired, again very experienced and not cheap.

Therefore, we can only hope that the manager of the club is something that Ashley takes somewhat seriously, and he is indeed looking for someone worthy of the position, and not your Pardews, Curbishleys, Jewells etc.

Problem is the reaction of this decision, could easily put off any proven manager from wanting to take on that Burden.

Ronaldo are you actually serious? We've been on a bad run recently but you don't f***ing sack your manager after the first bad run of your season, it's completley mental.

How can he be serious? the only person in this forum who support the decision ......  Hate him

Expensive/long term option - Venables

Cheap/short term option - Kinnear

result = kinnear

expensive/long term option - Shearer

cheap/short term option - Hughton

result = hughton

Expensive/long term option - Hughton

cheap/short term option - ???

result - ???

BTW - saying "The only real appointment they ever made was Keegan" pretty much proves the point.

Premature, harsh, etc.

If there's anything at all positive to take out of this, it's the decisiveness shown. The first crack appeared against Bolton, and it widened significantly yesterday.

Sacking someone after only a dip in form isn't "decisiveness". Also, keep in mind that none of Ashley's decisions have been any good, so decisiveness, if that's what you insist on calling it, is hardly a good sign. Indecision is what made him appoint Hughton full term in the first place, and it's the only good thing he's ever done.

Now it is clear that Ashley didn't have any real confidence in Hughton. Let us hope that this is maybe the reason that the purse strings were so tight in the summer. He is now in a position where he can again hire exactly who he wants, so when he does let's hope he at least gives him a bit more in the coming window. This time make it clear the kind of players to be brought to the club beforehand too!

Guest Geordiesned

I'm absolutely livid at this. I'm sure Hughton's name will ring round St James' on Saturday.

Incidentally, who do we actually have left on the coaching staff?? We already had the smallest backroom staff in the Premier League and now we've lost two more.

I'm absolutely livid at this. I'm sure Hughton's name will ring round St James' on Saturday.

Incidentally, who do we actually have left on the coaching staff?? We already had the smallest backroom staff in the Premier League and now we've lost two more.

beardsley and stone for 1st team/ressies

joyce and donachie for acedemy

thats about it i think

Now it is clear that Ashley didn't have any real confidence in Hughton. Let us hope that this is maybe the reason that the purse strings were so tight in the summer. He is now in a position where he can again hire exactly who he wants, so when he does let's hope he at least gives him a bit more in the coming window. This time make it clear the kind of players to be brought to the club beforehand too!

i know there's such a thing hoping for the best but surely you would've learned your lesson about ashley by now?  :lol:

Everyone seems to be banging on about MA doing this to Spite the fans (and because he can).

One thing I will say is.....

Would you, as a chairman be happy with whats happening this season? We had resounding wins against Villa and the Mackems, Hard fought for wins against Everton and Arsenal ......................

AND THEN

hammered by Bolton and West Brom. Unnacceptable losses against Blackpool and Stoke and a couple of rather nasty draws against Fulham and Wolves.

Given the wins we had surely we should have annihilated the teams we drew/lost against?

I know we drew against Chelsea in the league, but hey everyone is drawing / Beating Chelsea at the moment. I know we beat them in the cup (which was a fantastic result) but we then got spanked by the Gooners.

What would you do if you were in Ashleys shoes? stick with it and hope it gets better or make change?

Everyone seems to be banging on about MA doing this to Spite the fans (and because he can).

Would you, as a chairman be happy with whats happening this season? We had resounding wins against Villa and the Mackems, Hard fought for wins against Everton and Arsenal ......................

AND THEN

hammered by Bolton and West Brom. Unnacceptable losses against Blackpool and Stoke and a couple of rather nasty draws against Fulham and Wolves.

Given the wins we had surely we should have annihilated the teams we drew/lost against?

I know we drew against Chelsea in the league, but hey everyone is drawing / Beating Chelsea at the moment. I know we beat them in the cup (which was a fantastic result) but we then got spanked by the Gooners.

What would you do if you were in Ashleys shoes? stick with it and hope it gets better or make change?

all depends on who the replacement is.

Make a change to what?  I'd probably look at if I could attract anyone who would do better with this groups of lads, come to the conclusion, no, not really, and stick with it.

This decision is a freaking joke.  I genuinely like Hughton and thought he has done a pretty good job.  Are there better managers?  Of course.  However, he took the mess that got relegated and brought them back up.  He's worked with a squad that is littered with deadwood, gotten some good results and some poor ones too, but all in all has gotten as much out of the sqad as anyone could have expected this far into the campaign.  Fine, you want someone better or you don't want to pay him a fair wage.  If you want to replace him, wait until the season is over or at least in peril, if it ever got that far.  You can't jeopardize the season with a move like this.  Didn't Ashley learn anything?

AND THEN

Sounds like the form of a mid-table team.  And that's the best we could have hoped for after last season's promotion.