Alan Pardew

JH

Top marks to the manager,  100% correct in everything he did tonight and set the team up brilliantly. 

Thank god he doesn't listen to some of the people on here!! :-)

Agreed, thank God he doesn't listen to people on here asking him to play Santon and drop Obertan, or play football on the deck.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't :thup: might be of some consolation to you.

Damn Pardew and his refusal to change things! He's so stubborn! Pig-headed! [N-O Clique]

Aye, if only no-one offered opinions on players and such but criticised others for doing so it'd be a much better place :thup: :lol: :dowiespin: :undecided: :cheesy:

Had been quite concerned in the build up to the game that the Pardew/Ben Arfa dynamic being played out through the media might be about to infiltrate team spirit and bring our season down, and then the team and manager pulls out a performance like that. Quite amazing really, how things can work out.

Pardew's true test comes now. Ba has been our best player and Tiote has been important too. It is up to Pardew to make this team get results without both in the coming weeks. QPR at home is a game we should be winning for a start and Pardew simply has to get it right. The same tactics will not work without Ba up there.

I'm praying Guthrie comes back to perform admirably alongside YoCabs. Up front I assume it'll be Best's shirt to lose up top with the rest vying to join him. Overall, I think we've got enough there to scrape through, as long as a striker can take the mantle and score even half the goals that Demba could manage. Who knows, maybe even Barfa migh..... :yao:

Top marks to the manager,  100% correct in everything he did tonight and set the team up brilliantly. 

Thank god he doesn't listen to some of the people on here!! :-)

Agreed, thank God he doesn't listen to people on here asking him to play Santon and drop Obertan, or play football on the deck.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't :thup: might be of some consolation to you.

Damn Pardew and his refusal to change things! He's so stubborn! Pig-headed! [N-O Clique]

Aye, if only no-one offered opinions on players and such but criticised others for doing so it'd be a much better place :thup: :lol: :dowiespin: :undecided: :cheesy:

:lol: that's pretty good, although I think you've confused "opinons on players" with "constant knee-jerk reactions"...

Guest optimistic nit

Pardew's true test comes now. Ba has been our best player and Tiote has been important too. It is up to Pardew to make this team get results without both in the coming weeks. QPR at home is a game we should be winning for a start and Pardew simply has to get it right. The same tactics will not work without Ba up there.

I think his true test came when we went a period without a win, like we have. Don't think he responded well at first, although losing colo and taylor against chelsea was really something that carried into the next few games. the liverpool match was very poor, but he knew where we went wrong, set about to change it and we've bounced back to beat man u 3-0, so fan fucking tastic.

Deserves just as much credit for last night as he did criticism for our form leading up to the game. Everything came together for him, the long ball worked a treat but our players were also superb in possession and he had them right up for it. Fair play. :thup:

A good, functioning team should be able to play both long-ball and slow buildup depending on the state of the game, which was what we did yesterday.

Relying entirely on one or the other is generally a sign of desperation or stubbornness.

The most important difference for me was that we got stuck into them for 90 minutes and didn't stand off them in awe like we did against a significantly poorer Liverpool team. Much, much better. Interesting about the 'we had our best team out' comments. I could be wrong but couldn't we have fielded that team against Liverpool?

And yet two of the goals were as route one as you can get. ;)

We mixed it up, nobody has said that we should never go route one, we should mix it up and tonight we did.

Mixed it up vs Liverpool too?

Deserves just as much credit for last night as he did criticism for our form leading up to the game. Everything came together for him, the long ball worked a treat but our players were also superb in possession and he had them right up for it. Fair play. :thup:

As much as 2 of our goals were route one, I thought we played the possession game much much better than recent weeks. And against Manchester United too. It was very easy on the eye though. O0

We got the right mix for this game, against Liverpool we got it all wrong with aimless hoofts and completely bypassing our midfield, this game we held the ball very well in every part of the pitch and terrorised their defence with early balls up and we harried them all over the pitch. Pardew has to get credit for firing our team up to play like that they were all as intense as I'd ever seen them

The most important difference for me was that we got stuck into them for 90 minutes and didn't stand off them in awe like we did against a significantly poorer Liverpool team. Much, much better. Interesting about the 'we had our best team out' comments. I could be wrong but couldn't we have fielded that team against Liverpool?

The attitude was the main difference for me. Against Liverpool we laid out the red carpet and allowed a much worse team to dictate play. Pardew was rightly criticised for his part in that. At least we put that right last night. Even though we had two big lads up front, the most impressive players were still the ones who held the ball under pressure and passed it. Tiote, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye and Ba were all outstanding.

The attitude was the main difference for me. Against Liverpool we laid out the red carpet and allowed a much worse team to dictate play. Pardew was rightly criticised for his part in that. At least we put that right last night. Even though we had two big lads up front, the most impressive players were still the ones who held the ball under pressure and passed it. Tiote, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye and Ba were all outstanding.

Yep, good points.

Is Guthrie fit?

What about having young Mehdi Abeid play the Tiote role next to Yohan? Or do we assume Perch takes that roll?  Im not even considering Gosling considering that Norwich howler