Alan Pardew

JH

Got it bang on again.

Pushing Cabaye that extra 15 yards further forward meant he dictated the game. Scored 2 and made the other.

We're starting to look like a proper team. Not just a decent one with a few good players who are nicking results but a really good XI with quality in every area of the park. Dominating teams at home, slicing them apart away with pace and finishing.

Just hope Ashley recognises what he's got and adds to it in the summer. 2 or 3 new quality players to compliment what we've got and we're fucking laughing. Really, really encouraging at the minute. :)

Got it bang on again.

Pushing Cabaye that extra 15 yards further forward meant he dictated the game. Scored 2 and made the other.

We're starting to look like a proper team. Not just a decent one with a few good players who are nicking results but a really good XI with quality in every area of the park. Dominating teams at home, slicing them apart away with pace and finishing.

Just hope Ashley recognises what he's got and adds to it in the summer. 2 or 3 new quality players to compliment what we've got and we're fucking laughing. Really, really encouraging at the minute. :)

:thup:

Guest ToonZA

Keep seeing stuff like 'earlier troubles' and 'turnarounds' but we haven't just had a storming end to the season. We were doing fairly well at the start tbh.

"The last 10 games are the most important games of any season and we have been in there all year."

"We have been in the top six all year so there is no mystery that we are in there. But we have really hit some form at the right time and with five to go we will just give it a go.

:snod:

I'm not gonna go there as you know what I am referring to and those issues have not only been heatedly debated in this thread before but more importantly, (and I am elated to say this) they have been put to bed. Onwards and upwards.

Got it bang on again.

So many real quality players, so many 'poor' squad players who have come in this season and been fantastic for the majority.

Cracking interviews on both Sky and BBC. But he seemed a little down compared to normally. Maybe he's just tired.

Perhaps just trying to play everything down. He's also been accused of being arrogant in the past, so maybe he is consciously trying to avoid saying anything that anyone can use against him/may come back to haunt him.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying overdo it but we take our foot off the gas when all we need to do is just lpay the same for 90mins, no easing off.

Stupid as ever.

Cast iron prick as ever

I have an issue and I am not sure if its a Pards tactic or the players doing this BUT with it being so tight between us Spurs, Chelski and Arsenal then surely goal difference could come into it.

We had them today but backed off at 3-0 with like 30 mins to go, same with Liverpool, we shod be looking to thrash teams once we have them beaten like in a good few games lately especially at home.

I thought we played the game perfectly today and didn't try to go over the top and blow ourselves out.  3 points next week is worth more than extra goals today so we just controlled the game and have kept something to take in to our next game.  I didn't realise that Cabaye was injured, I thought it was a very good substitution and thought the same when he took Cisse off and left Ba on.

:thup: f***ing Wigan have 2 blocks in that North stand empty which they could have gave us.

We probably didn't ask for them as we try to avoid having to pay for unwanted tickets.

I have an issue and I am not sure if its a Pards tactic or the players doing this BUT with it being so tight between us Spurs, Chelski and Arsenal then surely goal difference could come into it.

We had them today but backed off at 3-0 with like 30 mins to go, same with Liverpool, we shod be looking to thrash teams once we have them beaten like in a good few games lately especially at home.

I thought we played the game perfectly today and didn't try to go over the top and blow ourselves out.  3 points next week is worth more than extra goals today so we just controlled the game and have kept something to take in to our next game.  I didn't realise that Cabaye was injured, I thought it was a very good substitution and thought the same when he took Cisse off and left Ba on.

I thought when Cabaye went off we lost a bit of our creative attacking play, game was in the bag and I get the take it easy don't get injured or over do it tactic but how sick would we be to lose out on Champions League football due to goal difference, and its so tight it could very well come down to that.

I thought when Cabaye went off we lost a bit of our creative attacking play, game was in the bag and I get the take it easy don't get injured or over do it tactic but how sick would we be to lose out on Champions League football due to goal difference, and its so tight it could very well come down to that.

We still have about 7 points to make up anyway :lol:

Just watched his interview on NUFC TV. Says the same as on radio Newcastle - get yourselves into Wigan's ground and make it into a home game. 'By hook or by crook' - it is possible to get in!

The tickets went quicker than I had expected so I'm going down without one.

The Champions League will be won or lost on points, not goal difference.  I'd rather settle for 3 points than go looking for a 4th goal which isn't needed at this time.  If we win all of our remaining games we'll qualify.

Our final position is determined by winning games not goal difference. I think in the past four games we've gone 2-0 up and just shut up shop. If a third comes along, great, but we're set up not to concede. I think this is a winning mentality we need to adopt and in time the big wins will come. Glad he protected Cabaye and Cisse today. Not just for them but vecause it's the squad that's got us here and we should trust them to close out games. I still think we're a team just forming and today was 3-0 without ever really leaving third gear - just a few moments of class.

Our final position is determined by winning games not goal difference. I think in the past four games we've gone 2-0 up and just shut up shop. If a third comes along, great, but we're set up not to concede. I think this is a winning mentality we need to adopt and in time the big wins will come. Glad he protected Cabaye and Cisse today. Not just for them but vecause it's the squad that's got us here and we should trust them to close out games. I still think we're a team just forming and today was 3-0 without ever really leaving third gear - just a few moments of class.

:clap:

Guest optimistic nit

quality post match interview on the bbc. someone needs to change the thread title to Alan Pardew - we're just bobbling along.

Think his decisions have been spot on if I'm honest.

Game was won, get key people off, removing the possibility of getting crocked for the next game.

At this stage of the season, someone taking a whack and being out for 3/4 games wouldn't be desirable at all.

Regardless of what happens in the remaining games, this season as been immense and it's in no small part down to Pardew.

When CH was sacked I was fcuking raging, when Pardew was announced I was even more raging.

I honestly didn't think he was the right man for the job.

The whole thing was just wrong, wrong, wrong in every respect.

But I remember having a chat to a friend (who also supports us) and agreeing to "judge him 12/18 months in" as he's got a long contract and he isn't going anywhere, so we'd just have to get with the programme and get behind the team because that's what real fans should do.

Fast forward and here we are, unbelievably sitting in fourth with it in our hands. Incredible!!

I've only just joined up on here so I know I've no history of previous positions etc, but I honestly was against him at the start.

But even taking the results element out of it, I've really liked the way he's gone about his business, measured, honest, calm, and really "seems" to have  engendered a terrific team spirit in the squad.

That's no mean feat, given our checkered history of squabbling both on and off the pitch.

I know there's a thought that we played a bit of hoofball under CH, but I really loved (and appreciated) the way that man handled himself.

And as it happens, I'm glad to say that I think AP has continued in that vein (and brought some "champagne" football as well)

It's refreshing and I'm happy to say I've had my mind changed and I 'm delighted about that.

Alan "Pardiola" Pardew - Well done that man!!