Alan Pardew

JH

Guest andrew

for a man who sees himself as a tactical mastermind and ready for containing the other teams at all cost, he was fucking bamboozled by wigan today. like we'd never seen them before.

motivation also seemed to be a problem. whereas martinez has them fighting to get what they want, pardew has let them soak in their own ego. awful management

We havent shown up. We have another 9 points to play for, will be hardearned points but we have the offensive power to win this. Its all about be mentally prepared for the run in this season and I have the confidence we can take maximum points if we can beat Chelsea next week. Otherwise Im expecting a full collapse down to 6th place.

Guest VaVaVoom

for a man who sees himself as a tactical mastermind and ready for containing the other teams at all cost, he was fucking bamboozled by wigan today. like we'd never seen them before.

motivation also seemed to be a problem. whereas martinez has them fighting to get what they want, pardew has let them soak in their own ego. awful management

Fuck off you pleb.

All managers make a mistake, good managers rectify them.

We havent shown up. We have another 9 points to play for, will be hardearned points but we have the offensive power to win this. Its all about be mentally prepared for the run in this season and I have the confidence we can take maximum points if we can beat Chelsea next week. Otherwise Im expecting a full collapse down to 6th place.

TBF the next 3 games will need to be played with a fair amount of defensive character, those are the games where for parts you close up and hit them on the counter, it seemed like today was also one of those days (no one saw it, not this like) Can't do that now though he'll have to keep going attack which will allow Wigan to counter.

Guest BooBoo

What a load of shit. Well done.

Guest andrew

want to apologise for the second part of my post. That is completely wrong, i stand by the first part though. Im just angry. sorry lads, howay, let's try to enjoy the game.

Guest andrew

I won't post again today, apologies again for the second part of my comment, half time was just such a horrible time and the whole champions League dream got to all of us didn't it :D Oh well, pressure off for Chelsea, who knows. :)

At this time we are 4 points behind third with a game in hand, 3 ahead of 5th and 4 ahead of 6th but they have a game in hand (and we still have to play Chelsea).

Worst case scenario we finish 6th BUT we are certainly not finished in regards to 4th place.

(Start of the season) 'worst case scenario 6th' :yao:

Guest bimpy474

6th will be brilliant and Pardew will get the praise he and the team deserves, despite todays or the next 3 games results.

Guest BooBoo

Why did he take Ben Arfa off? He was just starting to boss everything.

The game was gone, sensible to save him for Wednesday. You really think we were going to score four times in the set twenty minutes?

If we hadn't basically done everything but score, HBA would have stayed on longer. At first as a fan you're thinking 'but we're just getting back into it!' but Pardew obviously recognised it was just going to be one of those days.

0-0 in the second half, hit the woodwork twice and put another couple of good chances wide. Wigan obviously eased off, but it's better than nowt.

Yeah. Understood why he took HBA off. If the Cisse efforts hadn't hit the bar and post respectively, then sure keep him on.. but no point really. Save it for Chelsea.

No need to overreact. Outmanoeuvred by the superior manager, and a much better team performance on the day from Wigan. Hope Blackburn can do us a favour tomorrow.

Feel for him a bit today. I don't think many managers would have had an answer to the way Wigan came out of the traps.

Much harder trying to change a game so early on when you're on the backfoot.

That said, today did highlight our obvious weaknesses at rb and cb.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards. He might be well advised to write off the champs league or talk Spurs' chances up to take the pressure off.