Alan Pardew

JH

Anyone else a bit....nervous?

No. If he'd leave us for Liverpool he'd be quite stupid in the end.

Only issue - money. Think it's time for Ashley to give him a better contract.

Anyone else a bit....nervous?

No. If he'd leave us for Liverpool he'd be quite stupid in the end.

Only issue - money. Think it's time for Ashley to give him a better contract.

He is in heavy incentive contract I am sure he will be paid a lot this year for achieving a lot.

Not really, he's been slating Enrique and others for leaving, thinking the grass is greener, so if he leaves he's just a massive gobshite, if he stays he believes what he's saying and buying in too. Either way its not a bad thing, it'll out him as a fraud at worst.

Personally think he'll stay.

Guest Howaythetoon

I take everything back I ever said about Pardew being a cunt and not good enough for Newcastle United. While I stand by my criticism of our performances, his tactics, use of subs etc. throughout the season despite very good results, in the final matches he has shown he is capable of getting this team playing good football, utilising the correct tactics, using the right subs and generally showing a massive degree of knowing what to do, to which he has won me over. Top 5 is great and so is our form but although great as stated, for me its about the football and I can see things have gradually improved and will hopefully continue to do so to the point where this will not prove a fluke. Hopefully anyway.

European football back at Newcastle is a great thing, something long missed by me and no doubt everyone else connected with the club. It gives us something extra to look forward to next season. I am absolutely delighted he won the manager of the season too and he deserves it without doubt. Above all else though, he and others including Ashley and Llambias even, collectively, have made us a respectable club once again in the eyes of everyone and given us fans a club to be proud of, a club we can believe in. Indeed you get the impression many are very envious. I know my brother in law, an Arsenal season ticket holder, wishes they had Carr and co and signed the players we have in Cabaye, Ba, Tiote, Cisse et al.

I always believe the manager is key and sets the whole tempo if you like and Pardew is obviously leading the club in the right way, in every way.

Again I stand by all my critcisim of his tactics and many of our performances but I have been proven wrong about him not being good enough or capable of getting us playing good football etc.

I also feel ashamed at some of my comments, i.e. the cockney cunt shit.

Pardew is actually proving a good success story and as Wilkinson said, there are good managers and coaches, they sometimes just need a chance. From Hughton to Pardew, two men who have proven they are good enough or can be given the right chance and opportunity.

Above everything, it feels great to be supporting this club once again.

Hopefully you know who and co will not fuck things up because things are as good as they have been since Sir Bobby's days and in many ways, even better.

Credit to them all, owner, MD, manager, coaches, players and even the fans.

It has been an outstanding season.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't buy into all the 'Pards' or 'Pardiola' shit though. Too much akin to the King Kenny stuff for me. I do not sing along to the 'Pardew is our king' thing either. Hardcore me :lol:

Seriously though, our football at times in the final 7 or so games was very good, much better than what we had served up before and as a result we looked a top 4 side and if we can strengthen well and continue playing that way, there is no reason why we cannot continue to challenge for those spots. We have the players, we can play the football required and in Pardew, we have the right man seemingly. Even if at first and for long spells I thought otherwise.

Proves what I know.... :lol:

The best thing for me though is all the positivity around the club, from the fans to the press, it is everywhere and when that's the case NUFC can be a powerful force.

I take everything back I ever said about Pardew being a cunt and not good enough for Newcastle United. While I stand by my criticism of our performances, his tactics, use of subs etc. throughout the season despite very good results, in the final matches he has shown he is capable of getting this team playing good football, utilising the correct tactics, using the right subs and generally showing a massive degree of knowing what to do, to which he has won me over. Top 5 is great and so is our form but although great as stated, for me its about the football and I can see things have gradually improved and will hopefully continue to do so to the point where this will not prove a fluke. Hopefully anyway.

European football back at Newcastle is a great thing, something long missed by me and no doubt everyone else connected with the club. It gives us something extra to look forward to next season. I am absolutely delighted he won the manager of the season too and he deserves it without doubt. Above all else though, he and others including Ashley and Llambias even, collectively, have made us a respectable club once again in the eyes of everyone and given us fans a club to be proud of, a club we can believe in. Indeed you get the impression many are very envious. I know my brother in law, an Arsenal season ticket holder, wishes they had Carr and co and signed the players we have in Cabaye, Ba, Tiote, Cisse et al.

I always believe the manager is key and sets the whole tempo if you like and Pardew is obviously leading the club in the right way, in every way.

Again I stand by all my critcisim of his tactics and many of our performances but I have been proven wrong about him not being good enough or capable of getting us playing good football etc.

I also feel ashamed at some of my comments, i.e. the cockney cunt shit.

Pardew is actually proving a good success story and as Wilkinson said, there are good managers and coaches, they sometimes just need a chance. From Hughton to Pardew, two men who have proven they are good enough or can be given the right chance and opportunity.

Above everything, it feels great to be supporting this club once again.

Hopefully you know who and co will not fuck things up because things are as good as they have been since Sir Bobby's days and in many ways, even better.

Credit to them all, owner, MD, manager, coaches, players and even the fans.

It has been an outstanding season.

Top post.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way, there is still room for massive improvement. The Everton performance especially first half was a debacle of sorts given the importance of the match. He needs to stick to 4-3-3 given our players or if he is to go 4-4-2 he needs to deploy the right players for it. That said, both would work with the players we have if we kept to playing football rather than constant long ball which was deployed too much at Goodison.

By the way, there is still room for massive improvement. The Everton performance especially first half was a debacle of sorts given the importance of the match. He needs to stick to 4-3-3 given our players or if he is to go 4-4-2 he needs to deploy the right players for it. That said, both would work with the players we have if we kept to playing football rather than constant long ball which was deployed too much at Goodison.

Totally, I'm still scratching my head at what happened at the Everton game. Nothing to lose so we should have gone for it and played to our strengths instead of what we saw.  Hopefully being stronger and more settled in the fullback areas especially will allow him to go with what we are best at.

I don't buy into all the 'Pards' or 'Pardiola' s*** though.

That's all tongue in cheek tbf. By the majority at least.

This  O0

Good post HTT by the way. I'm a newbie on here but if I'm reading this right, you've had your mind changed on AP so fair play for calling it.

When he joined I was raging tbf, but took the view that it was better to judge him 12/18 months in, rather than on past performances.

And here we are, amazingly, everything having worked out better than expected.

All I can say is, Happy days  :)

Good post, as a professional manager judged on results I can see why Pardew sometimes does more conservative things than we might do. But you're right he needs to select the right players if he goes 442.

There have been a few mystery bad performances like Everton, wonder if there's a reason beyond the normal "off day" explanation.

Good post, as a professional manager judged on results I can see why Pardew sometimes does more conservative things than we might do. But you're right he needs to select the right players if he goes 442.

There have been a few mystery bad performances like Everton, wonder if there's a reason beyond the normal "off day" explanation.

One of the names linked with the Liverpool job according to todays Sun

:yao: