Alan Pardew

JH

Some idiotic statements there.

Just because you disagree with a decision of the manager doesn't mean he's not the right man for the job.  I'm sure Man U fans were pissed when Jonny Evans started on Saturday but none of them were saying Fergie isn't the right man to manage them.

some idiotic not realising that he's trying to out a troll there

Some idiotic statements there.

Just because you disagree with a decision of the manager doesn't mean he's not the right man for the job.  I'm sure Man U fans were pissed when Jonny Evans started on Saturday but none of them were saying Fergie isn't the right man to manage them.

some idiotic not realising that he's trying to out a troll there

:lol:

Pardew's post match interview on Sky for those who haven't seen it yet. The answer on the question if Ba had something to prove - excellent. :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,23396_7284406,00.html

We couldn't wish for a better bloke fronting our club in TV interviews.

Good interview and agree with your sentiments re Pardew. Absolutely the right man for us and has somehow helped bind the whole club together.

If he is 'absolutely the right man for us', why hasn't he dropped Gutierrez? Or given HBA some game time in the reserves to prove his fitness? These are questionable decisions, at best.

Probably for the same reasons that he hasnt dropped Ryan Taylor, though most called for it or hasnt started Ben Arfa, though most called for it or hasnt dropped Obertan, though most called for it.

;)

??? I'm confused, where did those points come into it? You stated that Pardew was 'absolutely the right man for the job', yet you've been very vocal in your disappointment in Jonas' production (as a winger - which is his primary role, right?) and that HBA should be working out in the reserves before getting an automatic inclusion in the first team, neither of which, Pardew has been seen to consider when selecting his team.

I'm not saying I disagree or agree with your points - they have a certain merit to them - but I'm puzzled as to how you can categorically state that Pardew is 'absolutely the right man for the job' when you have been so vocal about these two issues.

EDIT: adding a smiley, or asking another question to deflect the issue is a poor response.

Stu, people don't like it when youre right

It's OK, many of the others become fans :) :thup: it's a heartening trade-off

The point was it seems quite plausible, I would have thought, to consider the manager the right man for the job without necessarily agreeing with every decision he makes.

Non?

You said that he was 'absolutely' the right man for the job.

Not the 'best of what is available'.

Not a 'pretty good choice, all things considered'.

Not even a 'overall good choice' for the job.

Absolutely the right man for us.

The point was it seems quite plausible, I would have thought, to consider the manager the right man for the job without necessarily agreeing with every decision he makes.

Non?

Two of us have tried to explain it to you  :fool:

He is absolutely the right man for the job but that doesnt mean any of us, even you , will agree with every decision he makes.

Cant really put it any simpler.  :lol:

Non?

He is absolutely the right man for the job but that doesnt mean any of us, even you , will agree with every decision he makes.

So in your opinion he's absolutely the right man for the job but makes wrong decisions regarding Jonas and ben Arfa on a weekly basis?

Or, he's the right man for the job because he's a good manager and your criticism of Jonas and ben Arfa is down to you being an attention seeking bore?

Non?

So in your opinion he's absolutely the right man for the job but makes wrong decisions regarding Jonas and ben Arfa on a weekly basis?

Or, he's the right man for the job because he's a good manager and your criticism of Jonas and ben Arfa is down to you being an attention seeking bore?

Yawn

It's often the true mark of a person how they cope when things are going against them rather than how the deal with successful times.

Like Colocinni in his first season who showed amazing character despite a very difficult season at a new club in turmoil and in a new country, Pardew was thrown to the lions, given very little support and had to face pressure games with half his squad injured but showed mental toughness and great dignity to achieve decent results in adversity.

We're lucky to have such strong characters as manager and captain of our club.

So now we've passed 6 months unbeaten in the league.....great credit to Pardew. Like many I was furious to see him here, but I'm happy to say he's proved us wrong and has shown how tactically astute and media savvy he is. The team has completely bonded and he seems to be a great motivator. Long may this continue :thup:

Guest antz1uk

Manager of the Month for October surely?

Can see Mancini getting it purely based on the 6-1.

seriously hope mancini does get it, we can do without the dreaded curse of that thing, we know ho well he's doing, he doesn't need the award to tell him so.

also it just might curse man city in time for us and we grab a draw at their place.... (wishful thinking on the latter)

I'm very impressed indeed with the seeming improvement of the fitness of some of our players. Guthrie and Saylor have looked immeasurably fitter and more athletic than seasons gone by.

Once again, credit to Pardew.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Had us excellently organised with their throws and our countering, rather than bringing back Obertan for his height and leap we put him up field. Ba was up top too for pace for some of the early ones.

Saw this on a West Ham forum...pretty true like. :lol:

It's funny, for years pundits and journos in the English media have been saying Arsenal have too many foreigners (mainly French) and need a Britsh spine of players to do better etc. Newcastle go out and do the opposite, sell their English core of players Nolan, Carroll, Barton and replace with foreign (mainly French), cheaper and more/as talented players and have the best start to the season they have had in years.

It may blow up in their face yet, but still.

:lol: Won't deny that that's the tiniest of gripes for me. And I mean tiniest. Was just something to be a little proud of, having such an English core to the team. Certainly won't lose sleep over it, like. As far as I'm concerned, Krul, Colo, Jonas, if they stay a few more years they'll be as adopted Geordies as the likes of Nobby :aww: