Alan Pardew

JH

There actually is a distinct lack of options on the right wing really.

Obertan is pretty much the only "natural" right winger we've got. Sure, Jonas can play there but he's made the left wing his own. Sammy is still too raw atm to be starting games (and if he is on the pitch, I'd play him on the left-side anyway). I've heard Gosling could play there but he's out for 3 games now though even when he is available, personally can't see him being played there.

I still want to try Ben Arfa out there like, he is the only other logical choice after the names I've just mentioned.

Marveaux was meant to be the other option

There actually is a distinct lack of options on the right wing really.

Obertan is pretty much the only "natural" right winger we've got. Sure, Jonas can play there but he's made the left wing his own. Sammy is still too raw atm to be starting games (and if he is on the pitch, I'd play him on the left-side anyway). I've heard Gosling could play there but he's out for 3 games now though even when he is available, personally can't see him being played there.

I still want to try Ben Arfa out there like, he is the only other logical choice after the names I've just mentioned.

Marveaux was meant to be the other option

Indeed but I didn't mention him because he's out for the season.

If he starts Obertan this weekend I'm going to send Pardew a parcel with another envelope in it which has Gabriel Obertan as the address then in side the envelope is a bag which contains shit, that may or may not get the message across, guess we'll see.

honest question what other choice does he have? Fergies just back from injury, Sammys to raw imo atm to start and is best suited off the bench and he clearly doesn't see HBA as a wide player

well, the best game ben arfas ever had for us vs everton he was played wide.

We did replace him though we just haven't played him for one reason or another.

You don't think properly replacing him would be bringing in someone who can play there straight away?

He couldn't help Santon getting injured and then Pardew didn't fancy him for one reason or another after that. But either way he was the Enrique replacement as their is no way we'd have bought him had Jose stopped. Doesn't stop us needing a LB though, particularly if Simpson keeps stalling and gets pushed out the door allowed Santon to move to RB.

HBA has a huge role to play for us, is our most skillful player and the one most able to unlock a tight defensive door.

I suspect that when he has key players out Pardew is looking for extra graft to compensate our weak areas. I'm not sure HBA gives us this and so Pardew opts for a lesser talented but harder working player.

HBA has a huge role to play for us, is our most skillful player and the one most able to unlock a tight defensive door.

I suspect that when he has key players out Pardew is looking for extra graft to compensate our weak areas. I'm not sure HBA gives us this and so Pardew opts for a lesser talented but harder working player.

Sounds about right. Especially when he have a midget CB partnership.

Starting to think there's a problem between Pardew and Ben Arfa like. I can understand him not starting today, but the fact that he was left on the bench for the whole game is a bit concerning.

Starting to think there's a problem between Pardew and Ben Arfa like. I can understand him not starting today, but the fact that he was left on the bench for the whole game is a bit concerning.

:thup: Not been too worried previously. But that, to me, said something is wrong.

Was worried about Pardew's selections when he used to put Shola on instead of Best, only until Shola to get injured and Best nail his first team spot. It was like he couldn't see that Best was better until that point. Now, we've seen him keep playing Raylor when he literally shat the bed against City. His balls just fucking leapt off his sack and he hasn't had them back since but Santon only got in because of injuries elsewhere. And here, we have to put up with Obertan week after week and then Sammy (who is going to be class but isn't there yet) instead of Ben Arfa who I promise you would be performing quality if he was getting more and more game time. I was furious last week and I'm just as annoyed now.

Not just about these decisions, but more about the fact that I really thought Pardew was a top manager. He speaks well, he motivates well, he has good plans but his rating of players is way off. No way would top managers leave Ben Arfa out like this and let Obertan play...