Alan Pardew

JH

I'm disappointed Pardew didn't bring on HBA today, but he might have had his reasons. I don't agree with the decision, but I'm not goin to hammer Pards too much because of it.

Like what? I rate Sammy as a good prospect, but in what respect does he offer more than Ben Arfa? Unless Ben Arfa was injured or there's been a falling out, and in which case why is he on the bench?

I'm disappointed Pardew didn't bring on HBA today, but he might have had his reasons. I don't agree with the decision, but I'm not goin to hammer Pards too much because of it.

Like what? I rate Sammy as a good prospect, but in what respect does he offer more than Ben Arfa? Unless Ben Arfa was injured, and in which case why is he on the bench?

If Pardew is making a point to HBA then he's now doing it to the detriment of the side, which any way you look at it is bad management.

It's been said he'd be judged by what happened after we got beat, and how we picked ourselves up and responded.

Well, we haven't picked ourselves up yet, tbh. :lol:

He's not doing very well atm, although his starting eleven was good. His substitutions were poor choices and poorly timed. Very disappointed he lacked the tactical nous to change things against a team so overtly determined to play for a point.

We weren't carving them up and creating chances, and he didn't change things more out of hope for a goal rather than expectancy. He said he'd mistakes at some point in the season, and he certainly is.

He's also been talking up Tiote for buyers for January. We had a good opportunity I thought to get some momentum and excitement among the camp, but he's squandered it so far. He's made himself look very silly to me by not playing HBA, our designated "spark". THIS IS WHY HE IS HERE FFS. Moronic decision.

Who has said Ben Arfa is guaranteed to do something? If you're arguing that he's no more likely to make an impact than Sammy then yeah I won't agree.

Before pretty much every match someone will make their prediction and state HBA as a goalscorer. A fair few do seem to believe when he plays he will either score or get an assist in every game. I agree that he should've come on today, but also agree with Cajun that there is an expectation from many that he will do something every time he plays, which he won't.

Who has said Ben Arfa is guaranteed to do something? If you're arguing that he's no more likely to make an impact than Sammy then yeah I won't agree.

Before pretty much every match someone will make their prediction and state HBA as a goalscorer. A fair few do seem to believe when he plays he will either score or get an assist in every game. I agree that he should've come on today, but also agree with Cajun that there is an expectation from many that he will do something every time he plays, which he won't.

A few of us probably have HBA in our Fantasy Prem teams <_<

The goalscorer thing is just a piss take. People would like it to happen but people aren't banking on it happening. They just want to see the player with the most talent on the ball in our team. Is that too much to ask?

People will do that with most players they hope to see start. Of course he's not going to score every game or even play well every game, but it's about putting all the elements in place to make a good result as likely as possible.

Last couple of games it doesn't seem Pardew has done that.

The reactions :lol:

We did more than enough to win this game today, just didn't happen.

Pardew has achieved nothing for us to not criticise him for this result. If you were happy enough to jump on the Pardew bandwagon when we were doing well, then fair enough. But, some of us, still think the jury is out on him. Some of us think he still needs a full season before he should be judged. And yes, I've said that even when we were 3rd-4th.

Tbf Ben Arfa put a chance on a plate for Ba and hit the post himself against Man City and won a dodgy pen against Man Utd.  Did nowt against Chelsea but he's done enough in those 3 games to suggest he would have a meaningful involvement in the following games yet he doesn't get on for a minute of the next 2.  Mental, wonder if he'll get used at all on Wednesday?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tbf Ben Arfa put a chance on a plate for Ba and hit the post himself against Man City and won a dodgy pen against Man Utd.  Did nowt against Chelsea but he's done enough in those 3 games to suggest he would have a meaningful involvement in the following games yet he doesn't get on for a minute of the next 2.  Mental, wonder if he'll get used at all on Wednesday?

Might be lucky to come and get to come on for Best.

The reactions :lol:

We did more than enough to win this game today, just didn't happen.

Pardew has achieved nothing for us not to criticise him for this result. If you were happy enough to jump on the Pardew bandwagon when we were doing well, then fair enough. But, some of us, still think the jury is out on him. Some of us think he still needs a full season before he should be judged. And yes, I've said that even when we were 3rd-4th.

He's been at us for less than a season and we were in the Championship a year and a half ago, what the fuck did you expect him to have achieved by this point? I'm not saying I agree with all the decisions he made today, because I don't, but that statement is just idiotic.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Disappointing that there doesn't seem to be a plan b if 4-4-2 isn't working. At the very least today we could've gone 4-3-3 with the big lads up top and bullied them for the last 20, wouldn't have been pretty but could've made a difference

Disappointing from him today (towards the end of the game anyway).

Puzzling substitutions. Whilst I agree that taking Tiote off and bringing Vuckic on was probably a precaution given that Tiote had just went down (cramp in the end), you just can't excuse leaving a player like Ben Arfa on the bench imo. We were lacking a cutting edge in attack, we had drifted away in the second half and we needed an extra dimension in the final third. Sammy is a great prospect for the future but he isn't one we should bring on to change a game.

Pardew really needs to explain himself about the whole Ben Arfa situation. I said today before the game that I wasn't worried about Ben Arfa at all and that he'll be fine in the end. Starting to doubt what I said now.

Laughable reactions as always I see  :undecided:

We did very nearly enough to win the game today but just couldn't find the goal. Don't see a great deal wrong with the subs. Maybe they could have been made 5 mins earlier. It was obvious that Ben Arfa was set to come on before Tiote's cramp, but that changed things.

And for the record, I thought Obertan was dangerous and was unlucky to be the one who was taken off.

All in all, a frustrating day, but nothing that Pardew did particularly worried me.

Agreed.

We did very nearly enough to win the game today but just couldn't find the goal. Don't see a great deal wrong with the subs. Maybe they could have been made 5 mins earlier. It was obvious that Ben Arfa was set to come on before Tiote's cramp, but that changed things.

And for the record, I thought Obertan was dangerous and was unlucky to be the one who was taken off.

All in all, a frustrating day, but nothing that Pardew did particularly worried me.

Agreed.

Agreed

Agreed.

Agreed

Name me a chance we had?

Oh yes Ba creating somehting out of nowt and hitting the pst, and Ameobi sprintiing into a ball from Santon (he did very little else, he was obviously knackered from that piercing run)

Anything else?

Possession doens't win you games unfortunately.

Pardew deserves the criticism today. He got the plaudits when we were 3rd and he neeeds to take the criticism now. His substitions were poor. The wrong personnel coming on and off, and badly timed.

West Brom could turn out to be another bad result based on Pardew's tactics the last 3 games.

Pardew deserves the criticism today. He got the plaudits when we were 3rd and he neeeds to take the criticism now. His substitions were poor. The wrong personnel coming on and off, and badly timed.

:clap:

One point from Norwich and Swansea would attract criticism for any manager.