Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BooBoo

Shame he didn't impose a game plan like the mackems did against Man City.

"Nah, fuck that lads, just go out and trash them."

:yao:

What happened to the stupid manager picking a stupid team, David?

Eh? I thought I explained that to you....

It was about Ferguson and that 'fake team' that would have made him (in my opinion anyway) a stupid manager picking a stupid team.

Didn't say anything bad about Pardew's selection today - only that it was strange that there was no R.Taylor at LB, no Obertan at RW and no Best as a striker.

Guest Dontooner

lol Spot on with his tactics? Thats his only tactics against the better teams this season. We just have good individual players, thats is still my understanding how we have being able to win games. He is imo still a very average manager, that  might be good at motivating players but not one that could use flair players. If you really watch football, you should know what is tactics and passing systems. We have little of both.

Absolutely nailed it.

:thup: he's been game-planning for each team this season and his selections reflect that, some questioned him for it on here earlier in the week ("why doesn't he focus on what we do best") but I think he's shown that he can does get it right more often than not and it pays dividends.

Don't want to go too overboard with praise as he's been doing a very good job all season, not just tonight.

Guest Dontooner

Sorry for not being a sheep on a great and fantastic win, but if the debate is on Pardew just look at the goals we score today. It was the players who won us the game. They did fantastic today, hats off to them and the fans.

It was about Ferguson and that 'fake team' that would have made him (in my opinion anyway) a stupid manager picking a stupid team.

Didn't say anything bad about Pardew's selection today - only that it was strange that there was no R.Taylor at LB, no Obertan at RW and no Best as a striker.

I know, I'm just jesting with you.

I know, I'm just jesting with you.

Thats fine then. :thup:  :laugh:

"Today we had our best team out there and it showed"

Interesting comment... Fair play to him tonight though, got everything right.

HBA and Saylor won't be too thrilled about that, think Best is better than Ameobi as well so really weird comment. Hopefully just got caught in the moment, though good news for Obertan haters.

The Obertan one would have been scary with the score being tighter...but it wasn't

??? Why do you say that? At 1-0 I don't think the sub would have been made, but even at 2-0, to bring off a player who has been playing exceptionally well in recent months and has just given 110% in what is possibly his last match before international duty, it was a great display of managerial acumen by allowing Ba to be applauded off the field by the crowd.

He brought on Obertan, someone who is lightening quick so not only makes Man Utd defenders sit back a bit in their half (so he can't burn past them on the break) but also scampers around closing down their midfielders. He's also still got a bit of a point to prove against Man Utd, judging by his half-decent displays in the 2 games we've played against them this season.

Why do you say it would be 'scary'?

His most important decision of the night was Santon starting imho and he got that dead right.

Credit where it's due.

What other choice did he have at LB? Presumably Obertan wasn't fit for 90mins if he didn't make a conscious decision to drop him for Ryan Taylor.

Absolutely nailed it. Renewed a bit of faith there cos i was having some big concerns that he'd completely altered his footballing philosophy.

More of the same please.

This is the thing though. On another night Man Utd could have turned up, steamrollered us, and beat us 4-1 or something. We'll get nights like this the same as we'll get nights like WBA. This is why we're where we are (challenging Europa League) rather than being a top 4 club.

His most important decision of the night was Santon starting imho and he got that dead right.

Credit where it's due.

What other choice did he have at LB? Presumably Obertan wasn't fit for 90mins if he didn't make a conscious decision to drop him for Ryan Taylor.

Santon.

Credit where it's due.

I honestly think dropping Obertan was tactical as playing Ryan Taylor strengthened us no end defensively down their left flank.