Alan Pardew

JH

By the way I enjoy us winning but do not enjouy our performances or our football. In the main, we have performed poorly this season with some really shitty performances. QPR at home as Allardyce esque for example.

QPR home, won the game with most of our best players missing.

Lets start to judge when Pardew has BA, Cisse, Tiote, Cabs, Colo, S Taylor (next season) all on the same pitch.

We've had our best side out many a time this season and still hoofed it long. Our performance against QPR was shocking in the main. The worst I have seen us was at home to Bolton. Jesus that was tough veiwing.

Aye, we arent pleasent at times but by god we are tough to beat...In the past weowuld have roled over for these teams, not now. 

When have we had our best side out and played gash?

Guest hatem garrincha

Today wasn't a game suited to Ben Arfa. If we'd been chasing the game and hadn't used up our substitutes I would have imagined Ben Arfa would have come on. Ben Arfa can create something out of nothing but he also loses the ball quite often. With Aston Villa hitting us on the break with pace it would have been very risky to have Ben Arfa on, especially when his ball retention isn't great.

As for Pardew, keep up the good work!

I was with the benching of Ben Arfa today after his last two games but I really don't understand the "today wasn't a game suited to Ben Arfa" stuff  each time he's not playing (and NUFC wins)  :lol:

Not suited as in if he kept losing the ball it puts a lot of pressure on us when the opposition team are hitting us on the break with pace. If Ben Arfa is running forward the rest of the team will race forward to support. If he loses the ball we're out of position and having to sprint to get back.

I bet Obertan starts on the right next week to go up against Bale. Obertan has the pace and work ethic to chase Bale. I doubt Ben Arfa will be trusted to do that.

I think you're exagerating the amount of ball he loose during a game  :lol:

He had two bad games against Brighton and Blackburn, but otherwise I don't think that you can summarise his football and contribution to the team this year, with the little chances given by Pardew, like that.

After all, Jonas loose the ball a lot in first half  but he kept his place in second half and played better...

It was not a game for him against a (poor) Villa and it will not be a game for him against the Spurs, so when will he play ?  :lol:

Guest ykmkmdd

24 games in, 5th place and still some trying to find reasons why we are doing well despite Pardew :okay:

Indeed. Can't get everything 100% but seems churlish to criticise the man that has us 5th in the league with a fraction of the budget of the teams around us.

Very well done Pards, keep it up.  O0

HTT?

Which brings us to the manager. I don’t particularly like him. Heresy I know. He is a monumental arse licker although I can’t blame him as he is at the biggest club by far in his entire career. But he doesn’t half come out with some patronising bullshit. “On another day we could have got the draw or nicked a win.” This was after the Brighton fiasco. Space precludes many other examples. We are desperately short of quality and so far this season I have quite often seen some dreadful football from us. Apart from mackems (a), Spurs (h), Stoke (a) and ManU (h) we have been lucky or outplayed or both and yet often come away with the result. QPR (h&a) was shocking. Others would include (Fulham (h&a), Wolves (a), WBA (h) Wigan (h), Everton (h) Blackburn (h&a), Norwich (a) and so on.

Still, it all comes back to our beloved owner and what his plans and expectations are. Answers on the back of a postage stamp - although I think we all know.

Ken Brown.

Guest hatem garrincha

Pardew found his system and start XI against ManU, just before the Acon.

Ideally for him it's : Krul - Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon - Raylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas - Cissé, Ba.

Now that Raylor is injuried, Obertan will play on the right.

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT?

Which brings us to the manager. I don’t particularly like him. Heresy I know. He is a monumental arse licker although I can’t blame him as he is at the biggest club by far in his entire career. But he doesn’t half come out with some patronising bullshit. “On another day we could have got the draw or nicked a win.” This was after the Brighton fiasco. Space precludes many other examples. We are desperately short of quality and so far this season I have quite often seen some dreadful football from us. Apart from mackems (a), Spurs (h), Stoke (a) and ManU (h) we have been lucky or outplayed or both and yet often come away with the result. QPR (h&a) was shocking. Others would include (Fulham (h&a), Wolves (a), WBA (h) Wigan (h), Everton (h) Blackburn (h&a), Norwich (a) and so on.

Still, it all comes back to our beloved owner and what his plans and expectations are. Answers on the back of a postage stamp - although I think we all know.

Ken Brown.

Err, no! :lol:

HTT?

Ken Brown.

Err, no! :lol:

Whatever, Kenneth. :azn:

Was chatting with the cab driver after the QPR game at home and he wanted Pardew sacked.

It baffles me really, this is the best season we've had since Sir Bobby was here, wether we hoof it (which hasn't always been the case) or not, I don't really care. As long as we win, who cares?

We have a solid team and a happy dressing room that is having a very good season. You can argue Pardew has made some wrong decisions here and there, but the majority of his decisions have won us points rather than costed us.

Looking forward to us returning to the 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-2-3-1 hybrid that was first tried at home to QPR. You would have to assume that Pardew's been trialling this with a view to integrating our better players, rather than to accommodate our squad players during the ACoN. The style of football employed in those games suited the games of the likes of Ben Arfa and Ba (not Shola and Best), so i would be surprised to see it completely abandoned simply because of a couple of poxy results.

I saw a lot of potential in it, and i'm sure that it represented Pardew's vision of turning us into a more passing outfit. I still don't think we're all about hoofball, even though i will concede that we've played direct more often than not this season. It might seem as though i am making excuses, but i would say that is mostly down to the personnel available. We've been close to full-strength plenty times, but very rarely full-strength.

I've got faith in the manager to have us playing attractive, successful football once the transition from Hughton's side to his is fully complete (that means one or two more additions and a settled, fit squad). I think Ben Arfa is a part of that, by the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------- Krul ----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santon ----------------- Taylor ------------- Coloccini ---------------- NewLB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------- Tiote -----------------------------------

-------------------------- Cabaye --------------------------------------------------

-- Ben Arfa ---------------------------------- Jonas -------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Ba -------------

---------------------------- Cisse ---------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bench: Elliot, Simpson, Williamson, Marveaux, Obertan, Guthrie, Best

:dontknow: Something like that is what i'm envisaging with everyone fit and available. That would be a very fluid system, particularly at home, with Jonas and Ba roaming in-particular. Cisse playing off the shoulder of the last defender, with Ben Arfa being more of a winger than anyone else. Tiote as defensive-mid and Cabaye as a fairly basic centre-mid.

That's the sort of set up we had to start with against QPR, anyway - and it looked pretty tasty in theory. It became a bit more flat-out 4-5-1 at Fulham and Brighton, and didn't really work as well.

That's the sort of thing i'd hope we are working towards anyway. I can't say that we're playing gorgeous football at the moment, but i have confidence that we will be doing once Pardew's made it all his. You can't argue with the progress we have made under him so far, so i'd say he has deserved a bit of faith.

On paper, we've got a fucking mint first team.

Yeah i'm as excited about Vuckic as i ever have been about a young player. Think he is a real talent who is going to be a great asset for us in a few years.

Can't decide whether it would be better to have him out on loan, or keep him here so he can fit seamlessly into Pardew's set-up, whenever his time comes.

That said, Jonas looked effective in that roaming role, which surprised me.

Yeah i'm as excited about Vuckic as i ever have been about a young player. Think he is a real talent who is going to be a great asset for us in a few years.

Can't decide whether it would be better to have him out on loan, or keep him here so he can fit seamlessly into Pardew's set-up, whenever his time comes.

That said, Jonas looked effective in that roaming role, which surprised me.

Re: Vuckic; we should seek to loan him out, but to a side that plays as similar a style/formation to us as possible - whether that's in this country or not.

Looking forward to us returning to the 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-2-3-1 hybrid that was first tried at home to QPR. You would have to assume that Pardew's been trialling this with a view to integrating our better players, rather than to accommodate our squad players during the ACoN. The style of football employed in those games suited the games of the likes of Ben Arfa and Ba (not Shola and Best), so i would be surprised to see it completely abandoned simply because of a couple of poxy results.

I saw a lot of potential in it, and i'm sure that it represented Pardew's vision of turning us into a more passing outfit. I still don't think we're all about hoofball, even though i will concede that we've played direct more often than not this season. It might seem as though i am making excuses, but i would say that is mostly down to the personnel available. We've been close to full-strength plenty times, but very rarely full-strength.

I've got faith in the manager to have us playing attractive, successful football once the transition from Hughton's side to his is fully complete (that means one or two more additions and a settled, fit squad). I think Ben Arfa is a part of that, by the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------- Krul ----------------------------------------

Santon ----------------- Taylor ------------- Coloccini ---------------- NewLB

-------------------------------------------- Tiote -----------------------------------

-------------------------- Cabaye --------------------------------------------------

-- Ben Arfa ---------------------------------- Jonas -------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Ba -------------

---------------------------- Cisse ---------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bench: Elliot, Simpson, Williamson, Marveaux, Obertan, Guthrie, Best

:dontknow: Something like that is what i'm envisaging with everyone fit and available. That would be a very fluid system, particularly at home, with Jonas and Ba roaming in-particular. Cisse playing off the shoulder of the last defender, with Ben Arfa being more of a winger than anyone else. Tiote as defensive-mid and Cabaye as a fairly basic centre-mid.

That's the sort of set up we had to start with against QPR, anyway - and it looked pretty tasty in theory. It became a bit more flat-out 4-5-1 at Fulham and Brighton, and didn't really work as well.

That's the sort of thing i'd hope we are working towards anyway. I can't say that we're playing gorgeous football at the moment, but i have confidence that we will be doing once Pardew's made it all his. You can't argue with the progress we have made under him so far, so i'd say he has deserved a bit of faith.

On paper, we've got a f***ing mint first team.

Good post, agree with that :thup:

Some of you lot must have been suicidal when Souness and Allerdyce were running things.

I don't know why people get so annoyed, it's hardly as if the criticism has been totally unconstructive. If it was just "Pardew's a clueless London twat" then yes it would be annoying, but most of the comments have been about the playing style and how it suits the players we've got.

I must be in a minority when it comes to Vuckic.  I can't see much of a player there I'm afraid. Happy to be proved wrong as he is young but he has never really impressed me other than one game where he looked half decent (can't remember who it was against)

I must be in a minority when it comes to Vuckic.  I can't see much of a player there I'm afraid. Happy to be proved wrong as he is young but he has never really impressed me other than one game where he looked half decent (can't remember who it was against)

Well he's only started two (in the league that is, four in the cup)... so it could've been one of them. :laugh:

I think he's strong in possession with decent tekkers. Certainly didn't disgrace himself against West Brom; if he'd been slightly luckier and one of those rockets had flown in - he'd have been ahead of Tiote in the whole "shit we're gna sell him D:" this January just gone.

Here's a question for you. Given that golfmag knew about Pardew's appointment well in advance and said that part of his job was to get costs down etc etc does the signing of Cisse signal a change in attitude from Ashley?

Be interesting to hear his/other people's thoughts on it.