Alan Pardew

JH

Guest johnson293

He repeated what he said on BBC Radio Newcastle, 100% sounds like he knows some of our top players will be sold he Seems to have accepted the fact thus will happen.

'Will' or 'Could' happen?

He repeated what he said on BBC Radio Newcastle, 100% sounds like he knows some of our top players will be sold he Seems to have accepted the fact thus will happen.

I my opinion its a case of "will" it feels like he is preparing us for it, on BBC Radio Newcastle he was asked direct, thus time its on SSN after the awards where he just says it without the direct question.

Guest BooBoo

Fairly sure it'll be Ba and if the right bid comes in Tiote.

Not overly concerned though tbh. I would only consider Colo, Ben Arfa and Cisse as untouchable. I'd be confident we get decent replacements for anyone else.

I've heard nothing concrete from Pardew with regards to selling our better players. However, his tone suggests he expects a lot of interest. Of the bunch we have, only Ba and Tiote worry me and perhaps a stupid bid from someone like Real for Cisse.

I don't see Cabaye, Krul or Cisse leaving really. We won't sell more than one big player IMO.

When Dunston UTS won the FA vase on Sunday  :celb: :clap2: :bounce:, The lads were on the way back to the hotel Pards rang the chairman to offer his congratulations to the team & staff!! He said all the lads (on the coach) send their best wishes. This is straight after the Everton Defeat....

What a man  :love:

I my opinion its a case of "will" it feels like he is preparing us for it, on BBC Radio Newcastle he was asked direct, thus time its on SSN after the awards where he just says it without the direct question.

Well he either said it or he didn't? :lol:

Guest NufcBano

http://i45.tinypic.com/zxnqx3.jpg

The ultimate, undisputed, UNIFIED manager of the season.

Genius. Pure.  :snod:

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has revealed the club will monitor players at Euro 2012 - but he will not necessarily want them to do well.

Pardew, who was named the League Managers' Association manager of the year earlier this week, has admitted the club will have scouts at this summer's tournament.

Newcastle have plundered the French market before and Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy is believed to be on Pardew's radar.

Montpellier duo Olivier Giroud and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa have also been the subject of speculation.

But with the eyes of the world on Poland and Ukraine, it is far from clear whether it is really a good thing if players - both present and future - impress at the showpiece event.

Valuations

The likes of Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye may attract interest from elsewhere, while the valuations of Newcastle's targets could rise astronomically on the back of a successful Euro 2012.

As a result, Pardew acknowledges he may find himself taking perverse pleasure in the failure of those players he rates highest.

"We'll be represented at the Euros," Pardew told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle.

"There are a couple of players we're looking at in that tournament and, as far as I'm concerned, I hope they have an awful one!

"The valuations will go up and down - we'll look at that.

"Someone's reputations will go through the roof, and someone's won't. That might affect the price."

Guest Roger Kint

Meh he's risking s*it there i was hoping he would try and get people like Debuchy before the Euros tbh....

Where in that piece does he say he wont?

Meh he's risking s*it there i was hoping he would try and get people like Debuchy before the Euros tbh....

It doesnt tbf, iam just assuming by saying " we will be represented" that he's biding his time until after the Euros and get it all done then.

Guest Roger Kint

It doesnt tbf, iam just assuming by saying " we will be represented" that he's biding his time until after the Euros and get it all done then.

All it means to me is he has a list of players and some will be there so we are going to watch them.