Agent: Newcastle 'not an option' for Martin Jol

Mick

Betting odds mean nothing, bookies will just react with where the money is going..

Yeah, the odds shift from 4/5 to 5/2 because someone places £20.

Wake up.

You need to go back to sleep.. you are making yourself look very silly

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Didn't realise he'd got as far as agreeing personal terms with Fulham. They're not exactly big spenders, maybe there's hope yet.

Expecting Pardew still.

Aw, man, even Dave is being sucked into this small pit of hope!

Do people want Jol because they think he is a good manager, or just because he isn't Alan Pardew?

Aboslutely nothing will vindicate Hughton's sacking for me. I do, however, feel that something could be salvaged from this season if Jol came in. I genuinely think he could do something here.

That fact he isn't Pardew is also a HUGE plus. To think we will have replaced a manager who has grown into the role with someone with far fewer credentials and no likeable characteristics will certainly mean the end of the road for me as a fan.

Betting odds mean nothing, bookies will just react with where the money is going..

Yeah, the odds shift from 4/5 to 5/2 because someone places £20.

Wake up.

You need to go back to sleep.. you are making yourself look very silly

As usual, you're making up what you don't know.

But today a United source said it was hoped a new touchline boss could be in place at St James’ Park in time for the 5.30pm kick-off against the Merseysiders.

The Chronicle understands it is unlikely to be bookies’ favourite Martin Jol, who left Amsterdam club Ajax shortly after Hughton’s sacking prompting speculation a deal was in the offing. Nor is it Joe Kinnear