Agent: Newcastle 'not an option' for Martin Jol

Mick

Betting odds mean nothing, bookies will just react with where the money is going..

Yeah, the odds shift from 4/5 to 5/2 because someone places £20.

Wake up.

You need to go back to sleep.. you are making yourself look very silly

As usual, you're making up what you don't know.

So you think bookies odds are gauged purely by their inside info and not on where the punters are placing their money?

Yes one £20 bet will not have an effect but did I mention one single £20 bet?

A rumour comes out MON is on Tyneside and loads of bets are placed on him getting the job then the bookies slash the odds its how it works.

Turns out the rumour was bullshit the bookies laugh their tits off and the price go's back up.

A single £500 bet anywhere in the Country will suspend betting at that particular bookmakers IIRC.

Can you imagine if former footballers, pundits etc think they've got some inside info or just like betting, £500 is sweet FA.

Why would Jol want to work under an absolute moron like Ashley?

Same go's for most managers though

That's what is making this so frustrating, people think that we will realistically be able to attract someone like Jol, O'Neill or Rijkaard  :mackems: to our club.

We'll end up with someone who has nothing to lose. A Pardew, Curbishley, O'Leary type who would take any opportunity to be a Premiership manager again.

It's the Kinnear situation all over again. Ashleys supervisors tell him that Pardew is an old school manager who knows the game, Ashley believes it and thinks he's made a good decision. I'd seriously struggle to keep my motivation following NUFC if he continues his raping of the club. The frustration, anger and suffering that comes with it is too much to take.

A single £500 bet anywhere in the Country will suspend betting at that particular bookmakers IIRC.

Can you imagine if former footballers, pundits etc think they've got some inside info or just like betting, £500 is sweet FA.

My memory might be playing tricks on me but I seem to remember a betting scam a few years back involving everyones favourite, squeaky clean footballing family

Something about the son places large bets on his dads new place of work on the south coast

I find these discussions about who might be a 'better' manager than Hughton a bit frustrating. Hughton had taken the club forward, was continuing to do so, and even if Mourinho had been available, Hughton should still have been given the chance to keep up the good work, unless there's some issue we're not aware of yet.

I find these discussions about who might be a 'better' manager than Hughton a bit frustrating. Hughton had taken the club forward, was continuing to do so, and even if Mourinho had been available, Hughton should still have been given the chance to keep up the good work, unless there's some issue we're not aware of yet.

Agreed 100% but he's gone now.

Someone on the Five Live phone-in last night said that we should always look to improve (and that Jol would be an improvement). I completely agree with your sentiments, Hughton was taking the club in the right direction, who says a ''better'' manager would be better for the club?

Our last rollercoaster ended pretty well with Ben Arfa showing up at the airport. So although Ashley is a lunatic with a loaded handgun ready to shoot us in the foot every day, we can still hope for Jol.

Then this shall be sung at SJP

Jol ololololololo