Your support from this point on

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This isn't about stopping supporting the club it's about hurting Ashley. Unfortunately the two are one and the same. I've got my season ticket but I don't know what to do tbh. I know I'm not renewing next season if he's still here though.

A well-organised, effective boycott of Sports Direct is essential.

This isn't about stopping supporting the club it's about hurting Ashley. Unfortunately the two are one and the same. I've got my season ticket but I don't know what to do tbh. I know I'm not renewing next season if he's still here though.

But they're all over the UK, what effect will boycotting the North East stores have?

Guest neesy111

But they're all over the UK, what effect will boycotting the North East stores have?

Might make him shut them down, 1 step towards getting rid of the bastard from the North East for good.

There are 4 Sports Direct stores within a 4 mile radius of Newcastle. This can be the beginning.

There are Newcastle fans all across the country. We have to get as many people on board as possible.

The players and the club need support more than ever. Don't blame people for being annoyed at this shite and i'm one me them but i'll carry on and support my team. In for a penny...

If some choose to walk away from the club then that've their decision but i'll carry on, thanks. :neutral:

I really don't know. For the first time in a long, long time I couldn't be arsed watching Champions League last night, and I couldn't be arsed watching the Villa - Liverpool game on Monday. That love for football has somewhat gone, I just ask myself what the point is in following this club when Ashley can just fuck us over like this.

You can still be a supporter of Newcastle United, however IMO, and it is just my opinon before the holier than thou get on their high horse, the main objective should be to get rid of Ashley. Is it really worth preserving with the crap that he throws our way? I think, and again it is just my opinion that the only way to force a sale is to hit Ashley where it hurts. Clearly abuse is not the way to go and boycotting the matches at home is the only way to go about it IMO. I would love to see a situation where more fans are stood outside SJP during a match than in it - no more money for Ashley is the only way to go.

Is relegation and administration any worse than years with this idiot in charge? Its a big call, I'm not denying that but it is the best way to rid the club of Ashley, and you would like to think he would flog it before it got that bad, as it is he who stands to lose the most.

I'm just feeling completely apathetic, it really feels like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm struggling to motivate myself to go and watch the game on Saturday I really am. It just feels too painful supporting the club and what it currently stands for.

Fully understand the question being raised but really can't agree with its original premise, tbh.

You support the team, not Ashley, not Pardew, not Sky Sports News. You support the team. If that team is shit, then fuck it, you still support the team. It's the passion that drives you on - and that passion shouldn't dry up all of a sudden. So fucking what if the owner turns out to be a self-serving miserly cunt, you still support the team. It's not something you can fucking well drop just because it's somehow become inconvenient, irritating, distressing or embarrassing. If that's the way you feel about things, it says an awful lot more about you than it does about the state of the club. If you're that lightweight about the club then you must be (or would be) a truly fucking awful parent, husband/wife, friend, etc...

Don't let the bastards get you down. Newcastle United FC will still be around long after Ashley’s been found kicked to death in a Newcastle back alley...

i happen to think that being able to apply thinking like 'if we all stop giving ashley our money he'll have to fuck off' makes me a pretty considerate person and therefore a good friend tbh, but each to their own

I'll always look out for our results, and consider myself a fan. I love this club, but I'm not going to waste any more time or energy watching them or getting my hopes up when I know that that fat cunt is just going to sabotage it all, over and over again. Once he's gone, I'll be able to enjoy it again, but right now watching us or being remotely hopeful is just a constant chore.

I couldn't quit if i wanted to, but the support has wained a bit. Knowing that the club is going absolutely nowhere saps a bit of the passion - it can't be helped. So hard to salvage any form of hope at the moment. However, my Saturdays from 5 till 10pm probably won't change. I'll be elated if we win and furious if we lose. You just can't turn that sort of thing off.

I know it's a quote that gets posted a lot on the forum, but Sir Bobby's "what is a club" monologue is absolutely true. We need to abide by its principals more than ever right now, and i agree with GM and Midds too. Stop buying merchandise, stop wasting your money, sure. But to turn your back on the club completely is the worst thing anyone can do. Without trying to sound like a superfan, the club doesn't really need supporters like that.

Newcastle United will still be here in twenty years time. If you're gonna quit now - don't come back. This isn't Manu.

Fully understand the question being raised but really can't agree with its original premise, tbh.

You support the team, not Ashley, not Pardew, not Sky Sports News. You support the team. If that team is shit, then fuck it, you still support the team. It's the passion that drives you on - and that passion shouldn't dry up all of a sudden. So fucking what if the owner turns out to be a self-serving miserly cunt, you still support the team. It's not something you can fucking well drop just because it's somehow become inconvenient, irritating, distressing or embarrassing. If that's the way you feel about things, it says an awful lot more about you than it does about the state of the club. If you're that lightweight about the club then you must be (or would be) a truly fucking awful parent, husband/wife, friend, etc...

Don't let the bastards get you down. Newcastle United FC will still be around long after Ashley’s been found kicked to death in a Newcastle back alley...

i happen to think that being able to apply thinking like 'if we all stop giving ashley our money he'll have to fuck off' makes me a pretty considerate person and therefore a good friend tbh, but each to their own

That's fair enough mate and I'd agree with you on that point. Look, I'm not saying that we should just bend over and take it up the backside from Ashley and his runty litter of fuckwits - but I am saying that folks can't let this (admittedly diabolical) latest turn of events dilute their passion for the club. If people choose to articulate that love of the club by stopping supporting it now, then that's fine, they can fuck off just so long as they don't come back when the good times return, because they will return. They will.

Guest Heneage

My support won't drop at all tbh. This club will never be one person, in the same way it was never Graeme Souness it isn't about Sir Bobby instead they are dots on a bigger picture. Will Pardew be a big part in the history of Newcastle United? I'd imagine not in fact I'll say he won't. I'd argue he's clearly stupid or desperate to take the job. Who wants this job under the circumstances, and with the ill feeling the replacement would garner is beyond me.

You support the team, not Ashley, not Pardew, not Sky Sports News. You support the team. If that team is s***, then f*** it, you still support the team. It's the passion that drives you on - and that passion shouldn't dry up all of a sudden. So f***ing what if the owner turns out to be a self-serving miserly c***, you still support the team. It's not something you can f***ing well drop just because it's somehow become inconvenient, irritating, distressing or embarrassing. If that's the way you feel about things, it says an awful lot more about you than it does about the state of the club. If you're that lightweight about the club then you must be (or would be) a truly f***ing awful parent, husband/wife, friend, etc...

i happen to think that being able to apply thinking like 'if we all stop giving ashley our money he'll have to f*** off' makes me a pretty considerate person and therefore a good friend tbh, but each to their own

That's fair enough mate and I'd agree with you on that point. Look, I'm not saying that we should just bend over and take it up the backside from Ashley and his runty litter of fuckwits - but I am saying that folks can't let this (admittedly diabolical) latest turn of events dilute their passion for the club. If people choose to articulate that love of the club by stopping supporting it now, then that's fine, they can f*** off just so long as they don't come back when the good times return, because they will return. They will.

What about not going to games anymore in the hope it will bring good times back - i.e. speed up Ashleys departure.

You support the team, not Ashley, not Pardew, not Sky Sports News. You support the team. If that team is s***, then f*** it, you still support the team. It's the passion that drives you on - and that passion shouldn't dry up all of a sudden. So f***ing what if the owner turns out to be a self-serving miserly c***, you still support the team. It's not something you can f***ing well drop just because it's somehow become inconvenient, irritating, distressing or embarrassing. If that's the way you feel about things, it says an awful lot more about you than it does about the state of the club. If you're that lightweight about the club then you must be (or would be) a truly f***ing awful parent, husband/wife, friend, etc...

i happen to think that being able to apply thinking like 'if we all stop giving ashley our money he'll have to f*** off' makes me a pretty considerate person and therefore a good friend tbh, but each to their own

That's fair enough mate and I'd agree with you on that point. Look, I'm not saying that we should just bend over and take it up the backside from Ashley and his runty litter of fuckwits - but I am saying that folks can't let this (admittedly diabolical) latest turn of events dilute their passion for the club. If people choose to articulate that love of the club by stopping supporting it now, then that's fine, they can f*** off just so long as they don't come back when the good times return, because they will return. They will.

What about not going to games anymore in the hope it will bring good times back - i.e. speed up Ashleys departure.

I don't know, you tell me. Did it work last time round when Keegan walked?