The New Coaches thread

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Peter Taylor was gutted he had to let Lee Hendrie leave Bradford as they could not afford pay him on long term deal. You just f***ing know you have to leave club that cant afford to pay Lee Hendrie. X-Spurs player which is always a bonus. Was f***ing horrendously poor when in charge of Leicester City.

GAVE BECKHAM THE ENGLAND CAPTAINCY!!!!!  :frantic:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Bit a shit manager, doesn't mean you're a shit coach, they're two entirely different roles. Martin O'Niell and Redknapp are good Managers, but their coaching credentials are next to none.

Bit a s*** manager, doesn't mean you're a s*** coach, they're two entirely different roles. Martin O'Niell and Redknapp are good Managers, but their coaching credentials are next to none.

O'Neill's really are laughable from what i've heard

Bit a s*** manager, doesn't mean you're a s*** coach, they're two entirely different roles. Martin O'Niell and Redknapp are good Managers, but their coaching credentials are next to none.

So tell me where Taylor was a good coach at? Where he gained this rep? I can only think of his time with England U21s.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No, idea, can't say I've put any thought or research into his coaching past. Just bugs me that people assume someone is shite coach because they failed as a manager.

Anyway, we really want him as an assistant not a manager, really the best place to judge that is his U21 stint where there are less managerial demands but more coaching credentials needed.

I think considering what we've had in the past, this is a good appointment. Massive step up on Calderwood imo.

No, idea, can't say I've put any thought or research into his coaching past. Just bugs me that people assume someone is s**** coach because they failed as a manager.

Who assumed anything? I asked questions where his coaching reputation came from? The only thing I assumed was it came from his England U21 days but I reckon that was more down to the players he had.

He was poor at Leicester that is fact. His record as a manager is very patchy that is a fact.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyway, we really want him as an assistant not a manager, really the best place to judge that is his U21 stint where there are less managerial demands but more coaching credentials needed.

I think considering what we've had in the past, this is a good appointment. Massive step up on Calderwood imo.

You want a good man manager, that can motivate and be an ear to both the players and the manager. At least that's the atypical Assistant Manager. Again, not sure if Peter Taylor is that, but the youngsters he worked with at U21 level seemed to have positive comments about him from what I've read in the past.

Taylor is a top coach imo.

People say this but his record as a manager is very patchy. Is he classed as good coach because the England U21 team he looked after were very good?

This came across as if you were judging coaching ability based on managerial success.

No, idea, can't say I've put any thought or research into his coaching past. Just bugs me that people assume someone is s**** coach because they failed as a manager.

Who assumed anything? I asked questions where his coaching reputation came from? The only thing I assumed was it came from his England U21 days but I reckon that was more down to the players he had.

He was poor at Leicester that is fact. His record as a manager is very patchy that is a fact.

Just like Super Alan Pardew. :celb:

Bit a shit manager, doesn't mean you're a shit coach, they're two entirely different roles. Martin O'Niell and Redknapp are good Managers, but their coaching credentials are next to none.

What he said.

You want a good man manager, that can motivate and be an ear to both the players and the manager. At least that's the atypical Assistant Manager. Again, not sure if Peter Taylor is that, but the youngsters he worked with at U21 level seemed to have positive comments about him from what I've read in the past.

I would say those qualities are needed to be a successful NT manager because those players are not yours, you have limited time with them and they must respond to you quickly or it will fail. At the time he was U21 manager a lot of people thought good things about him, for whatever reason that hasn't transferred in full to club management, but like mentioned, he's here as a No2 and for me could be a very clever appointment. At least from what I've seen from him on TV he comes across as a likeable and knowledgeable person, fingers crossed it works out well for us and him if he does come.

Would be pleased with him - good tactical understanding of the game to go with Pardew's motivation - who knows a couple of decent signings and a win at the SoL and it will be Chris Who!!

What are you basing that on btw?

So tell me where Taylor was a good coach at? Where he gained this rep? I can only think of his time with England U21s.

Had good spells at Palace, Hull, Leicester and 2 good stints at Eng U21 where he was very highly valued by the fa.

Most of those on that Bradford forum seem happy to get shut of him, saying he plays wank long-ball football with no flair.

He was a bit of a long ball disciple when it was all the rage. That would be a concern if it's still part of his make up.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Most of those on that Bradford forum seem happy to get shut of him, saying he plays wank long-ball football with no flair.

He was a bit of a long ball disciple when it was all the rage. That would be a concern if it's still part of his make up.

Him and Pardew match made in heaven. Andy Carroll won't even need to train, they can just plant a stick in the ground and see which players can hit it from increasingly larger distances. Perhaps.