Dale Roberts

Tooj

I was referring more to ElDiablo's rubbish about suicide being a direct consequence.

Of mental health problems? Nah, the thousands of people that do it just wake up one day and decide spontaneously to kill themselves don't they. Christ.

Except Baba, of course. But this is a man who tries to pick up women by growling and baring his teeth.

What are you on about with the second part, btw? :lol:

I said it was his fault only. This doesn't mean I do not feel some sympathy for the man. He shouldn't have killed himself, but the situation would have been rough for anyone.

If he'd thought about the wider consequences of his actions, he'd not have done it.

What his poor family must be going through.

What you mean you genuinly believe he never thought about what his family and friends would go through before he comited suicide, i'd think they'd be the first thing on his mind along with his cheating lass.

Many people who kill themselves leave notes, there would be absolutely no logic in doing so if they hadn't thought of the consequences beforehand. I don't know if Dale left a note, but i'd bet he wasn't thinking about what he'd had for dinner the night before hand when he was tying the rope round his neck.

It must be nice for certain posters here to have perfect mental health, and to know no one else with mental health issues.

"What his poor family must be going through" says Jonny Hall. From my experience, Jonny, the family lives through the anxiety of loving someone with mental illness every day and during particularly bad periods wondering when rather than if.

Chemical imbalances in ones brain can impact heavily on one's actions and choices in a way that's difficult for people who have no comprehension of mental illness to understand

There are always options in life. Too many people in society hide behind this depression nonsense.

As someone who has been surrounded by clinical depression their entire life this statement is so off-base it literally disgusts me to hear that there are people who have this opinion.

I don't mean to trivialise anyone's personal situation. It's just seems far too easy to blame mental fragility. Where's the responsibility?

I see where Ronaldo is coming from. There are a boat load of people for example that will be on the sick for 'depression' when it fact they are a little stressed, a little down in the dumps.

Obviously this isnt the case with this guy, im just saying though.

Guest toonlass

Are you for real Ronaldo? You say you aren't trivialising depression but that is exactly what you've done. If someone had cancer would you tell them to stop whinging and get on with it? We aren't talking about depression as in someone being hacked off a little bit. Depression, proper clinical depression is a REAL illness. It's as crippling and destroying as any other serious illness. People with depression and other mental health problems don't need people like yourself telling them to pull themselves together. Would you tell someone with a broken leg to run it off? Depression affects your whole life. You ask where the responsibility is? That's the whole point, if you are suffering with depression on a scale of suicidal thoughts and self harming action the decision making part of yourself is altered. You aren't capable of taking responsibility for your actions in the same way as someone without depression is. Depression can feel like a prison, it can feel like walking through a pitch black tunnel with no light at the end of it. It's horrific at times and when that feeling just keeps going on and on with no end to it in sight  suicide can seem like the only way out of that pain and torment.

Are you for real Ronaldo? You say you aren't trivialising depression but that is exactly what you've done. If someone had cancer would you tell them to stop whinging and get on with it? We aren't talking about depression as in someone being hacked off a little bit. Depression, proper clinical depression is a REAL illness. It's as crippling and destroying as any other serious illness. People with depression and other mental health problems don't need people like yourself telling them to pull themselves together. Would you tell someone with a broken leg to run it off? Depression affects your whole life. You ask where the responsibility is? That's the whole point, if you are suffering with depression on a scale of suicidal thoughts and self harming action the decision making part of yourself is altered. You aren't capable of taking responsibility for your actions in the same way as someone without depression is. Depression can feel like a prison, it can feel like walking through a pitch black tunnel with no light at the end of it. It's horrific at times and when that feeling just keeps going on and on with no end to it in sight  suicide can seem like the only way out of that pain and torment.

tbf, his original comment was 'too many people hide behind depression' which in fact is true. Im sure he isnt refferring to people that do genuinely suffer from it.

I had a very good friend who had manic depression. Then she had a stroke (young too) so she has other problems now.

Her life was chaotic and often depairing.

I don't for one minute believe Ronaldo is referring to cases like hers. Lots of people do use the word 'depression' without having a real idea of what it means.

I hear it as often as i hear the term 'world class' on MOTD. Often in both instances, widly inaccurate.

It must be nice for certain posters here to have perfect mental health, and to know no one else with mental health issues.

"What his poor family must be going through" says Jonny Hall. From my experience, Jonny, the family lives through the anxiety of loving someone with mental illness every day and during particularly bad periods wondering when rather than if.

Chemical imbalances in ones brain can impact heavily on one's actions and choices in a way that's difficult for people who have no comprehension of mental illness to understand

Where's the evidence he had mental health issues? Where did I once mention mental health issues?

I'm talking about the effects of suicide, especially on the family, something which I have experience of and wouldn't wish anyone else to experience the same.

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't agree with this form of death - there is always a solution and help out there for those that need it. 

I try not to agree with Ronaldo too much, it's not good for your health, but I have said on here before I don't generally agree with suicide.

I just don't get how being dead can solve anything? I know people who have relatives who killed themselves and the devastation it leaves behind for friends and family is horrific. I'm sure proper depression is very serious and debilitating but seriously, how is ending your life better than trying to work through it. And there is always something you can do, wether you can see it or not.

Also there is no indication, to my knowledge, that this guy had any underlying mental health issues other than his depression from what his bird and Paul Terry did. My ex-wife cheated on me with a close friend and it hurt like fuck, but you move on. Take the view that you are better off without them and find someone better.

This doesn't mean I don't find this whole situation tragic to the extreme and that I have no sympathy for him, Of course I do, I just have an opinion on suicide and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Depression isn't nearly as easy to overcome as some seem to imagine, some people just have things in their life that they try and try to beat but sometimes you just can't.

Some of the comments in here are FAR to simplistic. This wasn't a rash decision, the lad found out 6+ months ago. He has obviously tried to get over it but it looks like he thought he had done everything he can to move on.

I try not to agree with Ronaldo too much, it's not good for your health, but I have said on here before I don't generally agree with suicide.

I just don't get how being dead can solve anything? I know people who have relatives who killed themselves and the devastation it leaves behind for friends and family is horrific. I'm sure proper depression is very serious and debilitating but seriously, how is ending your life better than trying to work through it. And there is always something you can do, wether you can see it or not.

Also there is no indication, to my knowledge, that this guy had any underlying mental health issues other than his depression from what his bird and Paul Terry did. My ex-wife cheated on me with a close friend and it hurt like f***, but you move on. Take the view that you are better off without them and find someone better.

This doesn't mean I don't find this whole situation tragic to the extreme and that I have no sympathy for him, Of course I do, I just have an opinion on suicide and I can't see that changing any time soon.

That point in bold is how I see it, albeit from the opposite end of the stick. People who have comited suiside imo obviosly have failed to see what we would consider the "right way" to tackle there problem.

It obvios to most that there is alternative ways to get over there grief and that (to put it bluntly) there death is completely pointless, but during the time the decide to go through with it they obviosly aren't thinking straight for whatever reason. Whether this is due to clinical depression or moment of madness is irelivant, people don't just top them selves because there a little bit upset, something clearly big has to happen in there lives (whether it be sudden or over a period of time) for them to come to such a desision.

I just don't think it's right to view the bloke as selfish/stupid like some people are doing in this thread, it's f***ing silly.

(ps MyKidsSupportChelsea this post isn't realy directed at you, I just responded to the part in bold)

Guest Heneage

Paul Terry's facebook - [PM me for details! :iamatwat:]

His email addresses

* [PM me for details! :iamatwat:]

Classy.

Paul Terry's facebook - [PM me for details! :iamatwat:]

His email addresses

To be honest, has Paul Terry actualy done much wrong? Like was he mates with Dale Roberts?

I'm pretty sure most single blokes (presuming he's single) would cheat with a blokes lass regardless, I know I personaly couldn't give a f*** if a lass I shag is with a bloke or not.

His lass is the one who was in a comitted relationship, and imo the one to blame

[/Just to get a bit of perspective put into place]

If PT had a family and/or was mates with Dale then it's a differant story like.