Spurs vs Newcastle - Pre Match Thread - 28/12/10 3pm KO

JH

Weird things have happened at WHL - Butt's scored twice, Geremi (!) has scored, Huntington(?!?!), Acuña scored one of his few goals there too...

So, Smith will score a hat trick and Perch will bag a brace and we'll win 5-0 then.

Kadar was on the bench against WBA but Pardew has not selected him yet... is he injured or is Pardew just thick as fuck?

That's a hypothetical question btw, I know the answer. Perch ffs.

Tbf Kadar was rubbish when he played as a fullback in the championship. Playing him against Bale for his first Prem start would just be cruel.

Danny Simpson will be up against Bale. Are you saying Perch wasn't rubbish like?

Saying that teams that have effectively parked the bus at WHL have got something this season as Spurs have run out of ideas. Need to negate all space between our defence and midfield as thats where there most dangerous players operate.

Barton of Carroll might work but we need him to influence the game more so playing him as an attacking mid could harm us more.

I hope it's Barton off Carroll. Could work.

Why?  Barton hardly ever gets that far forward these days.

If Pardews plays him off Carroll he is already forward.

Why Barton there though?  He doesn't have the mobility of Routledge if we are playing 4-4-1-1 and is much more important in midfield.

He's a good player but can't play every role.

Barton of Carroll might work but we need him to influence the game more so playing him as an attacking mid could harm us more.

Why Barton there though?  He doesn't have the mobility of Routledge if we are playing 4-4-1-1 and is much more important in midfield.

Because if it's not Barton it's either Tiote or Smith.

He's never done it for us so it could be worth a try. Routledge in there would make sense, though.