Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the last post jump:

Yeah that's my biggest annoyance with it. It's a paid mod so I will file a feature suggestion when I get chance.

And:

Oh and they've apparently fixed the iPhone keyboard problem the other day, Dan. I'll try updating the mod later.

Haven't done this yet.

Have you lot tried the mobile site? What do you prefer about Tapatalk?

I prefer the news feed, i.e. Not having to go into individual boards. Also like the new rolling pages within threads thing now having not been convinced to begin with. There's minimal clicking using the forum this way basically, rather than having to click around finding new posts or new pages. Also on the mobile site now and Tapatalk looks better than this, particularly with the black background which presumably saves battery too.

Voted no, what's the benefit of removing it altogether?

It'd stop triggering me.

Doesn't make any sense to switch it off anyway imo and I reckon a lot of the Yes votes will be from anti-Tapatalk WANKERS tbh.

how dare you.

Guest firetotheworks

I like having a dedicated app to view the forum while doing other things on my phone and not having to mess about switching between tabs.

I like how the app is much neater and has customisation that wont affect all of Chrome. As a simple example, text size and post amounts on pages.

I like being able to follow interesting posters to see what they've been talking about and more effectively ignore others.

I like not having to scroll to the bottom of the page to go to change the page.

I like being able to go to the last post I read, or to the end of the thread.

I like being able to add photos, gifs, and links in a much easier way.

I like the read and unread posts thing working on Tapatalk

I like using a black theme to save my battery/not blind myself when I'm using the mobile site.

Voted no, what's the benefit of removing it altogether?

It'd stop triggering me.

Doesn't make any sense to switch it off anyway imo and I reckon a lot of the Yes votes will be from anti-Tapatalk WANKERS tbh.

how dare you.

:lol: I'd like to see who voted like.

On the last post jump:

Yeah that's my biggest annoyance with it. It's a paid mod so I will file a feature suggestion when I get chance.

And:

Oh and they've apparently fixed the iPhone keyboard problem the other day, Dan. I'll try updating the mod later.

Haven't done this yet.

:thup:

Yeah, that unread arrow is good. No idea why they didn't just use that to go to the last page if you've already read the thread.

loaded poll question too.

Do you want shit broken tapatalk or no tapatalk at all. I vote no tapatalk at all, but I still use her :'( Or try to.

ps my actual vote is: do whatever makes you happy Dave, we will make it through this together

Guest Open_C

On the last post jump:

And:

Haven't done this yet.

:thup:

Yeah, that unread arrow is good. No idea why they didn't just use that to go to the last page if you've already read the thread.

That's literally all it needs, aye :thup: it's the scrolling through 568 pages which gets tiresome

And fair enough, those that have replied about the benefits they find Tapatalk has over the mobile or main site. :thup: Don't forget I used it myself for yonks before I got a new phone and couldn't get the old version going again.

Guest firetotheworks

Surely the bottom line here is that whatever your own preference, there are still people who use Tapatalk and prefer it? I'm sure others that prefer using the mobile app wouldn't like it if that was removed and they had to use Tapatalk or the Desktop site on their phone.