Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/12/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

Precisely why it was a s*** time for Pardew to get appointed.

Two ridiculously hard games, where the result would have been no different - and apparently it's his fault.

f***ing idiots.

didn't see many people blaming him for the city defeat...... but today he made a s*** and crucial decision to jonas off. We needed someone to stretch them......... that wasn't going to happen with tiote and smith on the field.

Because Jonas was so effective in the first 65 minutes.... Honestly forgot he was playing.

People can question his starting XI, but it's hard with 2 games in 3 days.

If we dont get results against Wigan and West Ham then it's time to start worrying, but losing to a top 4 side away from home thanks to 2 pretty decent goals is nothing to be worried about.

Jonas wasnt playing v 10 men & he had perch behind him who isnt much use. He's a pacey player whos good with the ball at his feet, thats perfect against 10 men. Even if he doesnt create directly he could have pulled their defence about a little. You want to push them back and hope that some loose balls fall to the right areas, anything to keep up pressure going fowards.

Anyone whod prefer keeping Alan smith on to Jonas against 10 men is utterly clueless really.

Precisely why it was a shit time for Pardew to get appointed.

Two ridiculously hard games, where the result would have been no different - and apparently it's his fault.

Fucking idiots.

didn't see many people blaming him for the city defeat...... but today he made a shit and crucial decision to jonas off. We needed someone to stretch them......... that wasn't going to happen with tiote and smith on the field.

Because Jonas was so effective in the first 65 minutes.... Honestly forgot he was playing.

If we dont get results against Wigan and West Ham then it's time to start worrying, but losing to a top 4 side away from home thanks to 2 pretty decent goals is nothing to be worried about.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/172/udnercarpet.jpg

Crying out for hughton :(

Hughton who took a stronger team to Bolton and got dicked 5-1? Enough.

Exactly people are making out as if Hughton was a Mourinho. Pardew is clearly average but he is no worse than Hughton. In fact I appreciate the fact that he tries to take initiative to change things around through substitutions when we are behind. How many minutes did Ranger get under Hughton?

why cant people have reasoned debate? i am not making out like hughton's a mourinho, i have stated i'm not a massive fan of his. i'm saying pardew's making us worse

Pardew has been awful, like. You can't deny it.

i've been saying this for a week now, he's come in and changed things that didnt need changing, and he's actively ruining what little edge we had.

What exactly has he changed?

Taken Barton off the wing for a start.

Been more down to injuries and the like.

no

Yes.

do you mean against man city when he had all the personell available that he needed to play barton on the right? or today when he had all the personell he needed available to play barton on the right? just like since williamson's been available again he's stuck with taylor?

barton on the right feeding carroll was the ONLY thing we had going for us for f***s sake

Sure forget the fact that Ameobi (who Hughton played before) was injured against City and Nolan was suspended for this game, twist the facts all you want

Not so long since we were beating this c**ts regularly, so a hard one to take.

With our starting eleven, keeping to 2-0 wasn't too bad, but they weren't on form and a point was there for the taking after the red mist descended. Assuming we could have created more than the square root of ferk all. First was a bit unlucky on Perch but the second was typical Taylor doing an impression of someone trying to defend valiantly while opening the door.

More worrying though was the lack of ideas and terrible execution going forward. Ultimately the kind of game and performance that will make Carroll want away. I just hope its not to fecking Spurs.

My Brother said we only play the occasion I'm beginning to think he's right.

Oddly enough, before today i'd sorta agree. But today we were a victim of woeful tactics and one or two pathetic individual performances - rather than a lack of motivation. A draw there was completely in our hands.

Krul - 7

Simpson - 6

Perch - 5

Coloccini - 6

Taylor - 5

Routledge - 4

Jonas - 5

Barton - 5

Smith - 6

Tiote - 6

Carroll - 6

pretty generous on routledge that. In the first half he was terribly wasteful, and in the 2nd half he was invisible. A shocking performance......... you would think he would be up for this to prove a point against one of his former employers.

Meh. Thought we were ok defensively in the large part. Massively missed Enrique and Nolan, could do with some depth in January. Perch fails at basic full back play, happy to see some more winnable games on the horizon.

Krul 6 - Didn't do much wrong, cracking save in the first half.

Simpson 5 - Did ok apart from getting beat by Bale.

Coloccini 6 - Solid

Taylor 6 - See above

Perch 3 - Liability. First doesn't close down Lennon for their 1st and almost gives away another being sucked in by Crouch and forgetting about Lennon :facepalm:

Routledge 4 - Offered fuck all.

Smith 6 - Decent enough.

Barton 5 - Competitive but very poor day in terms of delivery.

Tiote 7 - Man of the Match. Loved him sitting down Palacios, just wish he'd scored.

Jonas 4 - See Routledge.

Carroll 5 - Did what he could with no service.

Ranger 5 - Made no impression.

Lovenkrands 4 - What the fuck kind of first touch was that? Should have been 1-1 ended up 2-0 down.

Looking at players like Bale, Modric, Van der Vaart, and Lennon and looking at the our players makes me wonder a bit why we even bother to play football.

Modric has been one of the stars of the season for me this season. Really seems to have come into his own playing central midfield instead of out on the left.

Precisely why it was a s*** time for Pardew to get appointed.

f***ing idiots.

didn't see many people blaming him for the city defeat...... but today he made a s*** and crucial decision to jonas off. We needed someone to stretch them......... that wasn't going to happen with tiote and smith on the field.

Jonas wasnt playing v 10 men & he had perch behind him who isnt much use. He's a pacey player whos good with the ball at his feet, thats perfect against 10 men. Even if he doesnt create directly he could have pulled their defence about a little. You want to push them back and hope that some loose balls fall to the right areas, anything to keep up pressure going fowards.

Anyone whod prefer keeping Alan smith on to Jonas against 10 men is utterly clueless really.

Not much point running at players when your delivery is shite, really.

Jonas is honestly the most over-rated player I've ever seen.

Krul - 6 ... one good save, but should've done beter for the goal.

Simpson - 6 ... didn't do too much wrong

Taylor - 5 ... sick off seeing him backing off players - he's so poor one-on-one

Coloccini - 6 ... best of a fairly unorganised/hap-hazard defense

Perch - 5 ... not good enough

Routledge - 3 ... fucking pathetic performance

Barton - 7 ... our best player i think, battled well and probably our best attacker too

Smith - 6 ... one or two crucial tackles

Tiote - 6 ... buzzed about like a man possessed but lucky to stay on the field

Gutierrez - 5 ... never in it, which is his fault

Carroll - 6 ... never in it, but wasn't really his fault

Pretty depressing how the fortunes of these two clubs have gone in exactly opposite directions over the past five years.

We used to be competitive with this lot. When will that happen again?

Competitive with this lot? :lol: we used to rape them.

:thup: Coloccini

:thdn: Jonas, Lovenkrands, Smith

Why is Loven a thumbs down? Granted his touch wasn't great but would any of our other players get into position he did? That last flick he had that nearly went in was pretty clever too.

Customary Jonas defence: The only cross that got to Carroll today came from Jonas, and he did a pretty good job covering Perch.

Pretty depressing how the fortunes of these two clubs have gone in exactly opposite directions over the past five years.

We used to be competitive with this lot. When will that happen again?

Competitive with this lot? :lol: we used to rape them.

Well, those are nice memories to hold on to as they proceed to beat the shit out of us for the next decade or so.

:thup: Coloccini

:thdn: Jonas, Lovenkrands, Smith

Why is Loven a thumbs down? Granted his touch wasn't great but would any of our other players get into position he did? That last flick he had that nearly went in was pretty clever too.

I'm just really bitter about that second goal. And rightly or wrongly, I blame him totally.