Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Don´t think Larsson will improve our first eleven.. Might be a decent squad player, but is that what we should be looking for??

Certainly not going to be upset at this signing if it does go through, puts the vast majority of players to shame in terms of technique.

Would have preferred someone who plays on the left though, I have to say. Will be disappointed if Barton doesn't stay on the right, he's been immense there.

If this is true, very good. Now it just remains getting a Norwegian to Newcastle :D

None really good enough :(

Bjørn Helge "Bjørninho" Riise??

If this is true, very good. Now it just remains getting a Norwegian to Newcastle :D

He is horse s***

He is horse s***

:yikes:

Guest Roger Kint

Good price. Good player. May not be a big improvement on the First XI but light years above Guthire should Barton/Nolan get injured.

Guest taps01

It's breaking news on ssns btw.

Happy with this.

Good news.  Im struggling to believe Nicko has got something correct though!

Seb Larsson is a very good player. No way he comes here to be a squad player. It's the reason he bolted from Arsenal in the first place despite Wenger wanting to keep him. He's the type that would rather go to a lesser club to play every week. Can't really see him playing on the left in the same way you wouldn't really see Beckham on the left either, you want him on the right side crossing early and often as this is his main strength.

If he is really coming in then Joey will be moving back inside I would imagine. If Barton is moved back inside I think having Larsson to link up with on the right will certainly improve his performances in the centre compared to what they have been previously this season. When Barton's played centrally Routledge has largely been a dissapointment on the right and this has been a hinderance. Don't think we should discount Joey in the centre so quickly, and Larsson will certainly also provide everything Joey has been giving us from the right recently.

Ultimately, we might see one striker up top if Larsson comes in. If this is the case then I hope it's more of a Chelsea style system, where two of the three midfielders (i.e. Barton/Tiote and Nolan) are then encouraged to get far forward to support Carroll. Because it seems when we have played with one striker previously, only Nolan has pushed forward.