Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle Utd (FA Cup) - 08/01/11 - post match reaction from p34

Dave

Wait, you guys know we'd get dominated like this every game with a Nolan and Smith midfield right?

I'm just hoping it has dawned on Pardew that if Tiote is missing Nolan has to be played in that second striker position. If the Tiote red isn't overturned and he plays Nolan and Smith in midfield together against Sunderland next week. Well, they will probably score 5 by halftime.

Just like to apologise for my positivity during the half time. I thought the game echoed the first half of last season when we were frequently poor but pulled through with a win.

That second half was something else. Fucking disgraceful stuff.

The changes he made, honestly.

Barton into the middle - proven not to work

Nolan further up - proven not to work

Lovenkrands on the left - proven not to work

Smith breathing - proven not to work

Some of the stupidest decisions I've seen from any Newcastle manager, ever. At least Souness did it out of spite, Pardew is just thick as fucking mince.

Barton into the middle with a proper left winger (which he didn't bring on) would have restored some balance to the side, to be fair.

Perch on the pitch - also proven not to work, more so when he's out of position.

God yeah, 4 massive errors before I've even mentioned James Perch. :jesuswept:

Simon 'cunt' Bird on twitter

"Yet another national humiliation for #nufc This one worse because it is on the pitch. Eclipses #safc and #boro losses today"

What on earth is he talking about. Horrible journo.

Btw... one of the saddest things re: the players was Nolan. I think he's a brilliant captain but today he was completley out of character. Shameful performance as skipper.

Aye, there was a moment just after Tiote got sent off that Barton was making his mouth go and was right up with the ref. I was screaming for Nolan to get in there and shut his fucking mouth.

Horrendous day in this clubs history.

:lol:

Read this mate and stop making yourself look stupid: http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/01/02/fa-cup-preview-stevenage-out-to-avenge-1998-defeat-to-newcastle-102039-22820394/

No one will remember this in two years time.

I guarantee the media will, meaning we will be reminded of it every time we play lower league opposition

You're right. But does it really matter what the media think, say or do? I don't give a flying shit.

Guest thenorthumbrian

How can people not be bothered about not only being beaten but out fought and put played  by a team 70 odd places below us in the football pecking order ?

How the f*** can people not be bothered about seeing the team they support humiliated ?

We are going to have this rammed down our throats by the southern media  for a very long time.

Exactly.  But hey, it's just a loss, we're only out of a cup. :rolleyes:

I know you were being ironic BlufPurdi , but some people on here genuinely don't seem to care.

Perhaps they don't realise that the FA cup has a huge part in the football culture of this country and a massive part in the history of this club.

I have a feeling some people think football was invented by Rupert Murdoch in 1992. 

not much wrong with pardew tbh, our players were just gutless wankers

Barton on the left, Smith and Perch on the pitch, Tiote getting on the pitch just to get sent off.

Not much wrong at all, no not at all.

I'd like to add "complete lack of motivation" instilled in players to that list.

Btw... one of the saddest things re: the players was Nolan. I think he's a brilliant captain but today he was completley out of character. Shameful performance as skipper.

Nolan played how he does every week. He's extremely limited. Without Tiote to initiate play in midfield we couldn't play, and so Nolan didn't have a chance to get into the box, as our long balls just lost us posession all game.

Guest neesy111

Remember bobby's reaction to us losing 3-2 to wolves in 2002.  He went mental, and this is 10x worse than that result so the riot act should read load and clear from Ashley to the management and players.

Will it happen, will it fuck.

not much wrong with pardew tbh, our players were just gutless wankers

Bar a poor team selection, poorer tactics, poor motivation bad substitutions. Players where gutless passionless wankers agreed but the buck stops with the manager as it always has done

Guest Geordiesned

I'm not normally one for giving 3s and 4s for player ratings after a defeat but...

Smith 2

Unbelievably generous.

Simon 'c***' Bird on twitter

"Yet another national humiliation for #nufc This one worse because it is on the pitch. Eclipses #safc and #boro losses today"

Good crack & a Newcastle fan so of course he feels it "Eclipses #safc and #boro losses"

Simon 'c***' Bird on twitter

He's right, our club has a higher profile than the other two and Stevenage dominated us. They wanted it and we were gutless.

Guest Rob 1988

As bad as we were, congratulations to the Stevenage team - showed great desire, commitment and ambition. :)

Three cheers for the Mexicans. :rolleyes: f***ing hell.

:lol:

Just like to apologise for my positivity during the half time. I thought the game echoed the first half of last season when we were frequently poor but pulled through with a win.

That second half was something else. f***ing disgraceful stuff.

The changes he made, honestly.

Barton into the middle - proven not to work

Nolan further up - proven not to work

Lovenkrands on the left - proven not to work

Smith breathing - proven not to work

Some of the stupidest decisions I've seen from any Newcastle manager, ever. At least Souness did it out of spite, Pardew is just thick as f***ing mince.

0-0, away at a League Two ground, and we go one up top (a striker that isn't even ready to play upfront with another player alongside him), Nolan playing off him and fucking Lovenkrands on the wing.

Not wanting to credit away from Stevenage, but I do want to. We handed them the game in the first 15 mins of the second half. On a fucking silver platter.