Gutierrez 6.5 - mixed bag as usual

Ameobi 6 - finishing s**** but general play on the whole good

Best 5 - very quiet

SUBS:

Guthrie 6 - grew into it

Gosling 6 - one good run of note

Lovenkrands n/a

Webb: 8 - no complaints other than the Joey yellow

Ameobi man of the match and Nolan one up and I agree.

I hate Gyan so much. Fucking scores against the US in the summer too. He's such a lucky little cunt, just throws his foot at the ball and sometimes it goes in. Then gets that stupid look on his face to the fans like he doesn't know how he's so great. Can't rap for shit, either.

:lol: Superbly hateful, that's what I like to see man.

Radio reckoned Harper should of done better with the shot where Gyan scored

have

And they're probably right, as unlucky as the 'finish' was.

I don't think he could have been much better. 9 times out of 10 it lands at a defender.

Massive mistake from Harper to cost us the 3 points. He went down really slowly like a tree being felled and then palmed the ball out into the centre of the five yard box when he could have held onto it. Disappointing.

Harper made some great saves throughout the game.  If it hadn't been for him, I imagine it could easily have been 3-1 or so.

:laugh: Aye, without keepers there'd probably be a lot more goals in football. :razz:

Harper saw it late but i think he could've done better. He was unlucky in that the player immediately infront of him was Gyan, though.

Back of my mind I was dreading a 3-0 result, so this is OK, I guess.

Absolutely.

Just about everyone would have taken 1-1 at the start. It took a fluke goal to beat us.  :tickedoff:

And in a match with Smith replaced by Guthrie, they STILL couldn't beat us.  :crazy2:

"...6-2 TO THE GEORDIE BOYS ... "

Didn't see enough of the game to give ratings. What I did see we were comfortable then threw it away giving the ball away too easily. I said a draw and even though the nature of their equaliser is disappointing I'm happy enough. 7 points from our last 3, 4 points from our last two away games. Would be nice to go and stun Tottenham now.

Radio reckoned Harper should of done better with the shot where Gyan scored

have

And they're probably right, as unlucky as the 'finish' was.

I don't think he could have been much better. 9 times out of 10 it lands at a defender.

And still could have gone anywhere. It was a well struck shot but he should be directing it away from goal better than that IMO. I don't begrudge him too much or owt like that but it was a mistake.

Massive mistake from Harper to cost us the 3 points. He went down really slowly like a tree being felled and then palmed the ball out into the centre of the five yard box when he could have held onto it. Disappointing.

Massively harsh that.

How?

agreed. you can't lamely palm the ball toward the penalty spot in a crowded box. saying 9 times out of 10 it lands at a defender is balls, more like a 50:50 chance you're giving someone an easy chance at goal.

First half could of gone either way, we bossed the second half and deservedly scored then continued to dominate. Don't know where 5 mins extra time came from but Sunderland scored. I would of took a draw before the game but gutted with one now.

Webb: 8 - no complaints other than the Joey yellow

The added time was pathetic. If you think, we had no noticeable incidents bar the Smith injury, and there was a total of EIGHT minutes added time. It's laughable.

5 subs = 2.5 minutes, a goal is another minute although possibly longer as Ferdinand was injured, Barton was down for a while at one stage. It's not exactly pathetic, maybe one minute too much.

Disappointing. Lucky cunts.

Massively harsh that.

How?

I don't think it was a massive mistake, I think he did well to save a good shot coming through bodies, and was really unlucky where it bounced.