Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/01/11 - post match reaction from page 41

Dave

Stupid substitution from Pardue again. 1-0 in front and you take off a player who can probably keep the ball and waste more time than a substitution would waste and replace him with someone who hasn't kicked a ball for us.  Did well to get the team into a winning position but stupid decision I feel cost us the win.

Not sure about costing us the win...but a lot of managers just see taking jonas off as a standard time wasting thing that doesnt really make sense in my eyes. if he was injured fair enough

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper- 7

Simpson- 7

Williamson- 7

Coloccini- 10

Enrique- 9

Barton- 8

Nolan- 7

Smith- 6

Jonas- 7

Best- 7

Ameobi- 8

Guthrie- 6.5

Gosling- 6.5

Loven- N/A

Smith - 3. Woeful.

He wasn't as bad as a 3 ffs. He wasn't great but by his own standards it was a decent enough performance.

He was absolutely fucking rubbish man. Wasted the ball countlessly. Didn't Bent's chance in the first five minutes come from Smith losing possession?

Meh, cba arguing about Smith - he's not worth the effort.

Everyone put in a good-to-excellent shift in this afternoon, we were desperately unlucky. I thought it was a mistake by Harper, though unfortunate, and i don't think it was a good decision to bring Jonas off. Also, we weren't clinical enough - Best/Shola both had big chances.

That's why we're sat here with one point instead of three, but the Mackems will know that we've pissed on them and it's another point closer to safety. I'd have taken it pre-game.

The lads deserve credit as a team.