Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/01/11 - post match reaction from page 41

Dave

That's actually in the report. At first I thought that it was referring to the bird on the pitch before kickoff but it's written as though a mackem (or Geordie) took it to the game with them and held onto it for nearly an hour. I know they're wankers but I can't believe that is possibly true of anyone.

The last time we played at the SOS a mackem had a dead Magpie tied up and draped over his shoulder.

Our players seem to love this derby, they seem really up to it and both games this season are proof of that. I honestly cant see us losing another derby for a couple of seasons if we keep this squad together. It's fucking great having a team that cares after years of having one that didn't. Really looking forward to the next Tyne Wear derby at SJP. With HBA, Tiote etc back in the side it could really be similar to the 5-1.

Harper 7 - probably should have done better with the goal but was decent aside from that.

Simpson - 7.5 - solid

Williamson - 8 - really good performance after last week, grew into the game

Coloccini - 9.5 - almost flawless, reads the game so well

Enrique - 7.5 - standard.

Barton - 8 - ran the show at times

Smith - 6 - average until injured.

Nolan - 8 - a real captains performance and the trademark goal

Jonas - 7.5 - looked a constant threat to them

Best - 7 - did a lot of selfless running today and was generally a handful. Had a really good chance when he turned Bramble which could and possibly should have wrapped it up and didn't work the keeper though.

Ameobi - 8 - assist and lead the line well with a few Shola moments thrown in for good measure

Gosling/Lovenkrands - no time

Guthrie - 7 - really grew in to the game after a fairly lame start and used the ball well as a whole.

So...

1. One of them took a kitchen knife to the match

2. One of them clipped a magpies wings and put it on the pitch (allegedly)

3. One of them punched Harper

4. Hundreds outside the ground for their equaliser.

Mint fans...

New slogan for their 'tourist board'

Sunderland - life as it was 30 years ago.

WTF?

Someone in the crowd responded by releasing a Magpie on to the pitch. The poor little black and white bird's wings had clearly, cruelly, been clipped and, panic stricken, it hopped around for some time before taking refuge just outside Steve Harper, the Newcastle goalkeeper's, area.

LT - Guardian

Can't be real?

Seriously?

f*** off man.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw a Magpie hopping around on the pitch.

After Nolan scored? There was one on telly but that was before kickoff.

on the radio there was mention of a Magpie on the pitch before kick off, they never said anything about it having clipped wings.

Louise Taylor has said that an obviously stressed Magpie with clipped wings was released onto the pitch after we scored, in my mind she's alluding to it being a Newcastle fan thats did this (that's how it reads to me anyway).

WTF?

Someone in the crowd responded by releasing a Magpie on to the pitch. The poor little black and white bird's wings had clearly, cruelly, been clipped and, panic stricken, it hopped around for some time before taking refuge just outside Steve Harper, the Newcastle goalkeeper's, area.

LT - Guardian

Can't be real?

Seriously?

f*** off man.

there was mention of a Magpie on the pitch before kick off, they never said anything about it having clipped wings.

Louise Taylor has said that an obviously stressed Magpie with clipped wings was released onto the pitch after we scored, in my mind she's alluding to it being a Newcastle fan thats did this (that's how it reads to me anyway).

did Taylor actually see the bird being released, and can she verify that it's wings were clipped, or is she just talking shite as usual?

it's common for birds to wander into the stadium during a match, and dave said it was picked up on before kick off, so it sounds like her claims are just made up.

The fact £4m Kevin Nolan has outscored Bent and Gyan in these games should also worry them.

I think he has more league goals as well now. Nolan > Bent.

Gyan must be one of the most catastrophic wastes of money in recent PL history.

The fact £4m Kevin Nolan has outscored Bent and Gyan in these games should also worry them.

They've spent bucketloads and they're still shit. Without their jammy late goals they'd be struggling badly.

There was definitely a magpie on the pitch and it was hopping around, which is weird as surely it would have flown off if it could. I have to admit I wondered the same thing as LT, but there's a big difference in me wondering it and her printing it as fact in a national newspaper. Having said that, why else would a magpie be on the pitch and not fly away? The kind of person who'd catch a bird and take it to a footy match, has to be a bit fucked in the head and if they clipped it's wings then I hope they get locked the fuck up.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce on the Steve Harper incident: "I saw Steve lying down, but thankfully he's not bad. A big well done to the Sunderland fans who gave up the supporter to the police. When I saw the age of him it looked like he's still in school. Unfortunately it's the society we live in at the moment."

:thup: :thup: :thup: coloccini (a truly world class performance, he is an absolute god!)

:thup: :thup: barton, williamson, enrique

:thdn: best, smith (also, we saw the best and worst from shola today, he's so frustrating)

we had that won  :sadnod: it was totally comfortable....then THAT happened. i would've taken your arm off for a draw beforehand, but this is a bit of a killer. mind you, for all this 'revenge' bollocks before the match, didnt they look ecstatic to get that draw?

in fact, their fans are animals and by punching harper, taking knives to the game and throwing coins at our lot they proved that they're the scum of the earth. they're just horrible, pathetic warts on society. how much more will they get away with? if the FA had any sense they'd punish them, but this is the same FA that upheld tiote's red card so don't get your hopes up. they showed the world how inferior they really are and hopefully order is restored in the north east.

really proud of the players though, once again.  :clap: :clap:

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce on the Steve Harper incident: "I saw Steve lying down, but thankfully he's not bad. A big well done to the Sunderland fans who gave up the supporter to the police. When I saw the age of him it looked like he's still in school. Unfortunately it's the society we live in at the moment."

No it's not, it's just the fucked up town you live in you dimwit.

WTF?

LT - Guardian

Can't be real?

Seriously?

f*** off man.

there was mention of a Magpie on the pitch before kick off, they never said anything about it having clipped wings.

did Taylor actually see the bird being released, and can she verify that it's wings were clipped, or is she just talking s**** as usual?

it's common for birds to wander into the stadium during a match, and dave said it was picked up on before kick off, so it sounds like her claims are just made up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/16/sunderland-newcastle-united-premier-league

Re-reading it, if it was hopping around Harpers goal then i would assume it would of been a mackem? if indeed one was released at that point.

8 in 21 is decent for your first season in a new country tbh.

There was definitely a magpie on the pitch and it was hopping around, which is weird as surely it would have flown off if it could. I have to admit I wondered the same thing as LT, but there's a big difference in me wondering it and her printing it as fact in a national newspaper. Having said that, why else would a magpie be on the pitch and not fly away? The kind of person who'd catch a bird and take it to a footy match, has to be a bit fucked in the head and if they clipped it's wings then I hope they get locked the fuck up.

I did notice it was able to get off the ground a bit, but even when the ball was near it just scampered away. More than likely did have clipped wings, unfortunately.

WTF?

LT - Guardian

Can't be real?

Seriously?

f*** off man.

did Taylor actually see the bird being released, and can she verify that it's wings were clipped, or is she just talking s**** as usual?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/16/sunderland-newcastle-united-premier-league

Re-reading it, if it was hopping around Harpers goal then i would assume it would of been a mackem? if indeed one was released at that point.

no mention of Harper being decked, what a suprise.