Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

We're not safe, but I feel more optimistic after Sunday than I've felt all season. We managed to produce a performance with everything stacked against us, in terms of absences and the pressures of the occasion. That's more significant than games when everything falls your way.

Same. We seem to have rekindled that away form that we had at the start of the season. We seem capable of frustrating teams and nicking a goal, which will see us win more points than we lose (yesterday was just a horrible fluke). At home, we can be a match for any side too. I think we're pretty much safe.

We're 7 points off the relegation zone ... Not safe by any means.

We're 7 points off the zone but we're also 9 teams away from the zone. That means we have to basically have form that's 7 points or more worse than basically the entire bottom half of the table right now.

We're not safe, but I feel more optimistic after Sunday than I've felt all season. We managed to produce a performance with everything stacked against us, in terms of absences and the pressures of the occasion. That's more significant than games when everything falls your way.

Same. We seem to have rekindled that away form that we had at the start of the season. We seem capable of frustrating teams and nicking a goal, which will see us win more points than we lose (yesterday was just a horrible fluke). At home, we can be a match for any side too. I think we're pretty much safe.

Would you take 17th right now? ;)

Nowhere near safe just yet.  I think we've got a decent enough side to avoid relegation and there are most definitely at least 3 teams worse than us in the league (West Ham, Wigan and Wolves are the three that spring to mind).  We still have some very hard games to play though and it would be easy to get sucked back into the mire.

Not safe yet - we're bound to go through another shit patch. But if the question is do I think we'll go down, then no I don't. Especially with Hatem returning I think we've enough in the squad to consolidate the position we're in/finish around mid-table, which would be a massive achievement.

I just look at the bottom six and think about whether 4 can catch us, and the answer is no.

Is that the all new revised relegation zone?

No, but for us to finish in the bottom 3 at least 4 of the bottom 6 would have to overtake us.

We are NOT safe yet - when we get 41 points I will say we are safe...

Our performance/result against Spurs will give is a good indication of whether we can reach safety easily because we have some tough home games coming up.

We're not safe yet though I can't see us plummeting to such a degree that we will...I see us finishing around the 50-55 point mark,which would be truly outstanding.It would be nice to see 1 or 2 new faces in to help cement that,and that would give us an excellent base for investment for next season,and look to improve on this season.

I wonder what position (if any) would convince Ashley to free up transfer funds. Or refuse to, for that matter. If we finished a solid mid-table would he see an opportunity to push on? Or would it simply confirm his apparent belief that things can be done on a shoestring budget and therefore simply reckon we can do it again without much bother or investment? Alternatively, would mid-table safety see him sell up?

I guess the question I'm really asking is, what do we think is Ashley's ambition for the club at this stage? Is mid-table mediocrity every season the upper limit?

I wonder what position (if any) would convince Ashley to free up transfer funds. Or refuse to, for that matter. If we finished a solid mid-table would he see an opportunity to push on? Or would it simply confirm his apparent belief that things can be done on a shoestring budget and therefore simply reckon we can do it again without much bother or investment? Alternatively, would mid-table safety see him sell up?

I guess the question I'm really asking is, what do we think is Ashley's ambition for the club at this stage? Is mid-table mediocrity every season the limit?

That's the crux question,and if I'm truthful,one to which we already know the answer to.