Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

Guest jonlane86

No team above 14th at this stage of the season has ever been relegated from the Premier League, we're safe.

I've been thinking we're safe, thing that concerns me is we're only 6 points clear of the relegation zone, Our next 6 games are:

quite difficult.....I'd post them but I know that I'm not allowed to.

Only potential win I can see out of those is Wolves and they're fighting for their lives, I saw some of their match today and they played some good stuff and were unlucky not to win.  I'm not as confident as I was after Birmingham win.......

If we were only 6 points off relegation and fourth or fifth bottom then I'd be worried.  As it is every team below us would have to have a good run in to relegate us, and a lot of them have to play each other.

Guest toonlass

Will be happy when we get to 40 points tbh. Before then I don't trust NUFC not to fuck it up spectacularly.

Will be happy when we get to 40 points tbh. Before then I don't trust NUFC not to f*** it up spectacularly.

40 points wont do this year..... we need at least 42.... having said that we will finish with 46 or 48 points....

Still think its pretty likely that 40 will be enough.

Same. Everyone goes on about 40pts every season but the reality is normally you don't need that many. Bit different this year but it'll probably still be just enough.

Guest Brazilianbob

Remember people, this is Newcastle United we're talking about here, anything can happen :) :(

Thats not quite accurate enough!  What you mean is anything bad can happen because its NUFC.  Last season aside, good things just don't happen to us!

Fairly certain we're safe. Something big would have to happen for us not to trot out the points we'd need to not manage to keep at least three of the teams behind us, well, behind us.

Coloccini injury would be the catalyst imo.

Guest BooBoo

Whilst we still need two wins, our two most winnable games on paper (Wolves and Birmingham) also happen to be Saturday 3pm kick offs....

about 87% of statistics you'll see are completely false!

9 out of 11 Americans find this statistic offensive.

And the remaining 2 out of 11 are too obese to care. Fact.

Guest Flatline

the next 3 pointer cant come quick enough imo, to give us some breathing room and allow us to lower our shoulders...

We aren't safe yet, teams below us now picking up results and we are starting to fade.

That's right, if we are to compare our form since the end of the January transfer window with the teams below us, we'd probably be in the bottom 3 already. My worry is that teams below us are collecting points and we seem to be fading, still pissed off that we only took 1 point from our last 2 game, I was targetting at least 4!