Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

People are really over  reacting with this Fulham result like.

We have 6 points on the bottom 3. After the Arsenal game, we have 6 in a row games that we are capable of getting points from. We have 6 players to come back from injury/suspention. Wolves are already doomed imo.

In terms of dropping like a stone - see Blackpool and West Brom.

We will be fine.

We had umpteen points when leading the premiership until the West Ham defeat we are in for a relegation battle make no mistake

Dont think theres any way we will go down. Theres about 8 teams worse than us.

Means nothing. There were more than 3 teams worse than us in 2009 and we still went down.

No there wasnt. We were f***ing terrible when we went down and were rightly so relegated.

This time, we have been much better and have players to come back into the team that will make a huge difference to our game.

Missed the point. Of course we were terrible but only because of the managerial screw ups and our players grossly under performing. Apart from Boro and WBA who also went down we had better squads than Hull, Sunderland, Blackburn and that's without even looking into it in any depth.

I don't think we'll go down either btw. I had us down as coming 15th right at the beginning of the season and I would still stick with that.

Dont think theres any way we will go down. Theres about 8 teams worse than us.

Means nothing. There were more than 3 teams worse than us in 2009 and we still went down.

No there wasnt. We were f***ing terrible when we went down and were rightly so relegated.

This time, we have been much better and have players to come back into the team that will make a huge difference to our game.

Missed the point. Of course we were terrible but only because of the managerial screw ups and our players grossly under performing. Apart from Boro and WBA who also went down we had better squads than Hull, Sunderland, Blackburn and that's without even looking into it in any depth.

I don't think we'll go down either btw. I had us down as coming 15th right at the beginning of the season and I would still stick with that.

Totally agree, on paper we had better squads, but there werent 3 teams worse than us was all i was trying to get at.

And ill be more than happy with 15th :  )

Guest Tall Striker

Anyone who thinks we're safe is mental. There's 12 teams battling to be not in the shittest three. If only the two late equalisers hadn't happened.

It was two late equalisers in consecutive weeks that fucked us over 2 years ago.

Our home game from now on are vital.

People are really over  reacting with this Fulham result like.

We have 6 points on the bottom 3. After the Arsenal game, we have 6 in a row games that we are capable of getting points from. We have 6 players to come back from injury/suspention. Wolves are already doomed imo.

In terms of dropping like a stone - see Blackpool and West Brom.

We will be fine.

We had umpteen points when leading the premiership until the West Ham defeat we are in for a relegation battle make no mistake

Is this English?

"It's just disappointing because a couple of weeks ago we were looking at mixing with the big boys again,"

"We were maybe three or four players off that but we've lost three players in the window and not really brought anyone in except Stephen Ireland."

A clear recognition of the lack of ambition that should worry us all. The morale has suffered a blow.

• 1 month later...
Guest BooBoo

We still need two wins, but its very disapponting that we've had two home games v mid table sides and not been able to pick up at least 3 points.

The squad's stretched to breaking point and it's a relief of sorts we have a blank weekend ahead.

We've got nowt to play for whilst a couple of teams below us - who we've still to play - have everything to play for. The only way we'll get (even slightly) dragged into it is if we're not wary of that fact. Wolves, Birmingham and West Brom have still all got to come to SJP. Approach with caution but still don't give them too much respect. There's a reason why we're 6/7 places above them.

I think we'll be ok. I remember after the loss at Fulham everyone was certain we were doomed for a relegation dogfight, but we've recovered from that disastrous last week of the transfer window. I'd say we'll finish about 12th with a few surprise results in between.

I think everyone's going have to appreciate how difficult it will be with such a limited squad ravaged by injuries.

Regardless of the points, the fact we're 9th is a good sign for me.

That puts 8 teams between us and the relegation zone. Even if we go on a poor run, they've all got to pick up the points for us to go down. It's not like they'll be playing a lower standard of opposition to us. Safe.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We need 5 points. Our gd is worth a point

If we can get

Barton

Ireland

Nolan

Tiote

Ben arfa

Ameobi

Best

On the pitch for the last few games we should be fine

Safe, for me.

Been feeling positive since the win over Birmingham.

Just can't see the wheels falling off completely with the spirit that's in the squad.

I think we need another 7 points to be safe, or at least not look like we could get dragged into it. With 9 games remaining we have at least 3 very winnable games in the form of Birmingham, Blackpool, and Wolves, ok lets throw WBA in there and make it 4 very winnable games. On top of that the only games that look like sure defeats are Man Utd, Chelsea, and Liverpool who have all been dropping points recently. We also have our hard to foresee games like Stoke and Aston Villa to come, so with all that we really should be getting 7 points, or even 9 points which should not only make us safe but place us in mid table.

No team above 14th at this stage of the season has ever been relegated from the Premier League, we're safe.

Newcastle United had never been relegated before from the Premier League the season we went down.. useless statistic tbh.

No team above 14th at this stage of the season has ever been relegated from the Premier League, we're safe.

Newcastle United had never been relegated before from the Premier League the season we went down.. useless statistic tbh.

Yeah they're exactly the same kind of stats aren't they?

:nope: